• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wedbush November NPD Preview is up and I still can't get it. Ubisoftologist??

mumu

PS3 is gonna shit all over PS2 hype. Trust me, it's gonna be the most mind boggling thing you've ever seen. nV, the masters of trickery, and SONY, the masters of aggresive marketing, in one boat? Sell your ... you know the drill.

15.5 million
--------------
10.5 million US
3.5 million UK
1.5 million Asia

That was as of June 31 so you need to add at least 1 million for July through October and certainly over a million (worldwide) for November.

Redbeard

Banned
You will be able to transfer your consciousness to the CELL, and live forever in it's teraflops. It's the evolution of humanity.

jedimike

KeithFranklin said:
That was as of June 31 so you need to add at least 1 million for July through October and certainly over a million (worldwide) for November.

Don't get your panties in a bunch... SC was giving the numbers more for territory breakdown than actual sales figures.

AirBrian

Halo 2 is a monster! I'm sure MS is thanking their lucky ass they put Halo on Xbox.

So does the term HaloBox still apply? :)

Good sale numbers for Halo 2 in the USA, but it doesnt look really well for the rest of the world. Most of the sales came from America. It's also noticeable that GTA:SA should have 4.3 million copies sold in the USA alone after 1 month and 1/2 on the market. Makes me wonder how much and long Halo 2 will continue to sell in the months to come.....

As for the Xbox 2 announcement and possible Xbox price drop, that's pretty soon :(

AniHawk

AirBrian said:
So does the term HaloBox still apply? :)

More than ever. :)

Good sale numbers for Halo 2 in the USA, but it doesnt look really well for the rest of the world. Most of the sales came from America. It's also noticeable that GTA:SA should have 4.3 million copies sold in the USA alone after 1 month and 1/2 on the market. Makes me wonder how much and long Halo 2 will continue to sell in the months to come.....

You is crazy.

Halo sold AT LEAST 1.3 million copies in Europe. It's been on the sales charts constantly for THREE YEARS. Halo 2 should have legs as long as the Xbox's lifeline, I'm certain of it.

acklame

jett said:
WHERE'S MGS3 MOTHERFUCKERS!?!?!?!?

they don't cover Japanese companies like Konami I think.

3.6 million for Halo 2, wow that's like the highest sales in a month ever?
2.2 million for GTA:SA in second month, also amazing

insane sales!

acklame said:
they don't cover Japanese companies like Konami I think.

3.6 million for Halo 2, wow that's like the highest sales in a month ever?
2.2 million for GTA:SA in second month, also amazing

insane sales!

Yeah,

He's certainly more interested in American companies, but...

He usually does mention Nintendo games and if comments would have been strong enough from retailers on MGS3, he probably would have mentioned it. I fear for MGS3 a little bit.

3.6 is easily, without a doubt, the most copies of a game ever sold in a single month in a single region ever. And I really do mean ever.

AirBrian said:
...but they do cover Konami of America.

No. His comments are *mostly* referring to the companies he covers, which are:

Activision, EA, Midway, TTWO, and THQ. Other than that he rarely lists others besides Nintendo which he mentions quite a bit.

Chi-Town

I'm expecting better numbers for MGS3 in December as opposed to November because Konami didn't really start their TV ads til early this month.

AirBrian

sonycowboy said:
No. His comments are *mostly* referring to the companies he covers, which are:

Activision, EA, Midway, TTWO, and THQ. Other than that he rarely lists others besides Nintendo which he mentions quite a bit.
Ah, I was referring to NPD, not Wedbush.

Subitai

I don't know if the HaloBox applies if the hardware doesn't also jump significantly too. For me that would be at least 1 mil for November which is essentially a double of last year's sales.

It looks like THQ, Activision, and UbiSoft finally have an opening to get at EA. I wonder if GE2 was able to do better than Call of Duty overall. I'm a little worried though that it is coming due to games based on movie/tv franchises though. Especially with THQ, if Viacom and/or Disney decides to start publishing their own stuff. Activision is really trying to cement its relationship with Marvel right now with all the Spiderman 2 commercials and get in on the DVD release.

Wulfer

Let the crow eating begin! (with a loud thunderous voice) :lol

We shall begin by announcing the names and then serving the roasted crow. :lol

acklame

Chi-Town said:
I'm expecting better numbers for MGS3 in December as opposed to November because Konami didn't really start their TV ads til early this month.

yea, mgs3 in november is only the fan base rushing out. There was no commercial till December. I wonder why they did this? It might have been better to come out strong right out the gate.

Mrbob

Wow. 3.6 million in one month would be amazing and astonishing. That's Dragon Quest level after one month! I guess Halo 3 is going to come out on a Saturday! :lol

Halo 2 could pass its predeccessor in one month!

snapty00

Banned
Wow, in its very first generation, Microsoft has already potentially broken a sales record. Fucking incredible.

jett

D-Member
God, it's been a long time(maybe never) since I've hoped that a game doesn't bomb. Come on MGS3!

teepo

shouldn't gta:sa technically be the fastest selling game ever? ahh whatever... numbers can be skrewed anyway possible.

3.5 for halo2 and 4.4 for gta:sa... that's nice and all but where the hell are the MGS3 numbers?!?!?!

teepo

Mrbob said:
Wow. 3.6 million in one month would be amazing and astonishing. That's Dragon Quest level after one month! I guess Halo 3 is going to come out on a Saturday! :lol

Halo 2 could pass its predeccessor in one month!

hell aren't dec-feb, ESPICALLY DEC, still hot months for videogame sales?

UbiSoftologist said:
(We note that there were 18 games that sold over 100,000 units in October, and we expect 34 in November (compared to 33 last year).

Good. One of the things I was worried about this Christmas season was alot of good games getting trampled underfoot by juggernauts and not at least recouping production costs. I'm guessing many companies deciding to let release dates slip into Q1 2005 helped, too.

Broshnat

Banned
Prine said:
I think Xbox is at 2 million in UK, this time last year they were at 1.2 million

It's about 1.5 million, and the UK market is by far the biggest Xbox market in Europe.

I must admit, I'm highly impressed by 3.6 million. That's just insane numbers.

Top Bottom