• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wedding in less than a month

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We always wanted a super small non religious wedding and it is still supposed to happen on june 5th but:
-The restaurants are still closed but there is a rumer they will open to a small qty
-The wedding rings are delayed but it's promised "they will make it in time"
-The martial office still wed people no problem. BUT NO ONE is allowed except me and missus. For us that's amazing, for my mother it's hell. But again - there is a rumor this will change
-We are together for 12 years, have our own small apartment for few years and just don't give a shit really

I think I would prefer to have this shitty wedding which we always wanted to do without telling anyone anyway... and it can happen but mother will have to look through the window if at all. What do you think?

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
We always wanted a super small non religious wedding and it is still supposed to happen on june 5th but:
-The restaurants are still closed but there is a rumer they will open to a small qty
-The wedding rings are delayed but it's promised "they will make it in time"
-The martial office still wed people no problem. BUT NO ONE is allowed except me and missus. For us that's amazing, for my mother it's hell. But again - there is a rumor this will change
-We are together for 12 years, have our own small apartment for few years and just don't give a shit really

I think I would prefer to have this shitty wedding which we always wanted to do without telling anyone anyway... and it can happen but mother will have to look through the window if at all. What do you think?

You, the missus. Vegas, Backseat of Taxi, Elvis impersonator, Drivethrough chappel.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’d say wait it out bro

Now personally, I don’t think I am the marrying type. But I’ve also never been to a wedding

But imo, women really seem to love the event itself. You want this to be a pleasant, satisfying, enjoyable, and bliss-filled day. Something memorable you can share with others and of course with your wife so she can cherish the memory. You can plan thoughtful things. Maybe a wedding poem or letter just for her and make it perfect not just some poem but one that truly says all that you feel about her and her future, if you are the writing type. Maybe an incredible cake and some godly foods and desserts. If you’re going to have a wedding at all, might as well make it a day to remember and invest in yourselves some. The day and event does or at least intends to signify an eternal bond so me personally I would want to let her know what it all means to me

But again that’s just me, I’m pretty weird about things sometimes. A wedding should represent the strength of your love. It should be fun, lighthearted, delightful and however the two of you would want it to be above all else

Cutty Flam

Banned
Make sure to get a caucasian amateur singer to spoken word Candy Shop by 50 Cent after the vows are made

Last edited:

Skyfox

Yep, sounds good. Just do the small version.

No point in making it a hassle when it should be just for you and her really.

Get a prenup.

Apart from that, wait until you can make a real party.
She won't forgive you not doing that for the rest of your life even if she says otherwise.

I will be honest, with how much emphasis you put on your mother i get the feeling the rest of your married life she is going to shit on your wife for not looking after you.

Usually its the wife causing headaches not the mom, whats your wifes honest opinion about your mom?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
My advice as a reflection of a gaming forum:

1) Buy the Dead or Alive 6 wedding skins pack
2) Play a match againest her using characters to represent your genders
3) Mercilessly beat the piss out of her character to send the message to fall in line

latest

You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thaedolus

If you’ve been together that long and it’s really just a ceremony, push it off until you can do it the way you want IMO.

My nephew got married a few weeks ago - they didn't want to reschedule. They ended up paring down those who could attend to just a small handful of people (immediate family) and streaming the ceremony on facebook for everyone that they had to cut. I can't imagine most women would go for that though.

lol weddings, what is this, 1950? just do the legal and be done with it

Better yet, don't bother with any legal bindings (that common law will often cover anyway), and just live together until you're sick of each other. :p

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I will be honest, with how much emphasis you put on your mother i get the feeling the rest of your married life she is going to shit on your wife for not looking after you.

Usually its the wife causing headaches not the mom, whats your wifes honest opinion about your mom?
My mother is just annoying and she like everything done her own way. I kinda regret having bought flat in the same city. I mean she would do everything for me to be happy but she is also just tiresome.
Fiancee thinks the same. Her mother on the other hand got old fast and acts like she needs more help than she does.
Generally I am tied of helping everyone, answering calls all the time, ordering crap for them online since they "are old and don't know internet" even though they know...

Normal stuff :p and we don't have and don't want kids and are not religious... My mother will probably kill me one day

Cutty Flam

Banned
My mother is just annoying and she like everything done her own way. I kinda regret having bought flat in the same city. I mean she would do everything for me to be happy but she is also just tiresome.
Fiancee thinks the same. Her mother on the other hand got old fast and acts like she needs more help than she does.
Generally I am tied of helping everyone, answering calls all the time, ordering crap for them online since they "are old and don't know internet" even though they know...

Normal stuff :p and we don't have and don't want kids and are not religious... My mother will probably kill me one day
Moms can be manipulative too in their own ways. It seems like that’s just the way most women are, for some strange reason I’ll bet we never fully understand....

But although they can be annoying, it pains me to remind you that life is brutally short. Try to never take anything good for granted in this life, it seems like good times and things are stripped in the blink of an eye and that’s cold as fuck but the way of this cruel world. You don’t have to put up with it though. Women get to be the way they are, but men have to pretend? Nah fuck that shit. If you don’t want to talk at all, say that and end the phone conversation until you do feel like uttering some things. If they know how to order stuff online then tell them they know and that it’s fairly easy

Don’t ever let a woman manipulate you. Doesn’t matter if it’s your mom or gf or whoever the fuck

Last edited:

TheMan

Tough call. On the one hand, it's your wedding so it's your decision. You and wife are the ones spending your lives together.

On the other hand, you've been together 12 years already and if you really don't give a shit, then postponing to winter or even next year makes zero difference long-term, zero.

TaySan

Banned
Just do the legal stuff and be done with it. Don't waste a ton of money on a ceremony.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
My brother is in a similar spot. Their plan was to go to Vegas together, get the marriage in, have a really fun time, and come on home. No big ceremony, no one else even there.

But now, even if they push it back to August or later, there's no telling what will and won't be open or whether it would even be worth the cost of the trip to get a Vegas Lite experience.

Top Bottom