• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wei Jensen in Deus Dogs

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So it turns out that "Square Pack" for Sleeping Dogs was in fact a Square Enix costume pack.

Unfortunately, despite being called the "Square Enix Character Pack", there is no Balthier outfit with matching motorcycle.

sleeping-dogs-deus-exu5ukb.jpg

sleeping-dogs-hitman-pguaf.jpg

sleeping-dogs-just-catlu40.jpg

Polygon said:
Sleeping Dogs players will be able to make protagonist Wei Shen look like Agent 47, Adam Jensen or Rico Rodriguez this Wednesday, when co-developers United Front Games and Square Enix London Studios release the game's Square Enix Character Pack.

The add-on, which costs $1.99 on PlayStation Network and Steam, and 160 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Marketplace, includes character skins from three of Square Enix's games: Agent 47 from the upcoming Hitman: Absolution, Adam Jensen from 2011's Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Rico Rodriguez from 2010's Just Cause 2.

The Agent 47 costume includes a silenced weapon and reduces heat from the fuzz, while the Jensen outfit's armor offers a 33 percent reduction in the damage Shen takes and comes with a "futuristic, fully automatic combat rifle," according to Square Enix. Rodriguez's skin — which lets Shen hijack cars from a greater distance — is already unlocked within Sleeping Dogs for players who have a Just Cause 2 save file on their hard drive, but the DLC pack adds Rico's Signature Pistol and its explosive shells.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/12/3...haracters-hitman-deus-ex-just-cause#!/3895399

Dantis

Eidos characters, yet no Legacy of Kain.

Why.

EDIT: In all seriousness, they're actually some really cool costumes.

Cade

Wei looks hilarious bald. I'm gonna buy this pack for that Hitman gun and the Deus Ex outfit, as I already have the JC2 stuff from owning JC2. DLC for Sleeping Dogs is like adding chocolates to fine wine.

Jintor

Bald Wei Shen is amazing.

I never gave it much thought before, but the Square-Eidos media empire has some pretty baller-looking protagonists.

Eusis

Another example of why I hate how they just label it all "Square Enix": they don't even capitalize for things like this, Balthier could've been pretty nice and Cloud could've been good for a laugh, especially if they threw in the Buster Sword too. Or a Sazh outfit with afro for both.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Fucking amazing. I think Asian agent 47 actually looks bloody awesome. They should just plunk this model into the Asian versions of hitman.

Shinta

Banned
Now I want Wei Shen to star in the next Deus Ex. Make it a prequel to the prequel, where he has to get reconstructive surgery after a botched undercover mission.

Honestly, I'd be okay with Wei Shen taking over all 3 of these series.

Takao

Banned
Now I want Wei Shen to star in the next Deus Ex. Make it a prequel to the prequel, where he has to get reconstructive surgery after a botched undercover mission.

Squaresoft actually had the idea of making a virtual actress that would appear in multiple games/movies as different characters. It was Aki Ross, but after The Spirits Within cratered so were those plans.

It's both an awesome, and slightly unsettling idea.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

He seriously should have a cameo in the next hitman. He'll jump over a wall, scream 'wei shen, motherfucker' punch a few dudes and then jump out the window.

Deus Shen looks godly, while Weigent 47 looks awful.

Off topic, how was the zombies DLC?

Short and a bit pointless. As a bit of seasonal Halloween content I did enjoy it, but it was over way too quick and lacked alot in the mission variety of the main game. Hopefully any future DLC is more substantial.

Cade

Quality Polygon reporting here:
is already unlocked within Sleeping Dogs for players who have a Just Cause 2 save file on their hard drive, but the DLC pack adds Rico's Signature Pistol and its explosive shells.

The pistol comes with the suit already.

Beck

What they need to release is a Fear Effect costume pack with Royce and Jacob skins.
I would suggest a Hana costume, but that would require giving Wei a sex change... which now that I think about it, would be a great idea!

Wei Jensen looks AMAZING.

Now hurry up with some substantial mission DLC! Although I bet all this little cosmetic DLC is doing good business for Square.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Why is there a martian from Mars Attacks! wearing a suit?

Top Bottom