• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome Back Thelastword

WE'VE MISSED YOU, KING!
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to more amazing AMD threads..........it's been too quiet and boring without any AMD vs. Intel fanboy warz lately........a few posters have tried to pick up his slack but no one can make an AMD thread like him...................................................................

..........Welcome back!.....................

thelastword

Banned
Thanks Demi and the flower party, those bringing good cheer and even those who are a tad sarcastic and poking fun...... It's all good..... he he.....

No reply...

At least his last word could have been 'goodbye' ☹
Thing is, with the recent bans I've been thinking of doing just that. I really don't want to impede on a "discussy" gaf, prevent the influx of industry personnel etc.....

Tbh, I started off on forums at videogamereview. com...."It's dead now".... I was looking for reviews on PS2 games, it's really one of the best user review sites that ever existed imo, no trolling, no 0/10's for good games like you see on Metacritic etc..... So I ventured into the forums there which was not moderated really, funny enough, it was a small forum and though things got heated, it never really got personal, at least nothing more than light jabs and the occasional ribbing....Yet, this was where, I heard about GAF, funny enough. Gaming-Age was one of my favorite review sites or websites in general and I never delved into the forums there. I just liked reading Jim's reviews and the like whilst doing my foruming at VGR....

I made a brief appearance on GameSpot forums (cows,
and what did they call Xbox and Nintendo fans again?). I also loved reading IGN reviews AND their content back then (not anymore though). Outlet reviews are just not as interesting to me anymore, prefer user reviews.... Loved the 1up show, amazing content, even the bits we meme out today, like (The one bad thing about Gears meme) ha ha...Loved gametrailers, really loved the narration on their video reviews, just excellent stuff, they really popularized critiquing games in video form and were iconic there, and here we are today, pretty much every review is a video. The same can be said with lens of truth as far as tech videos were concerned, they popularized tech videos way back then..... So yes, as far as gaming media is concerned we've made lots of progress and all the guys involved in securing such milestones can be extremely proud....

But yes, I just said that to say, that I've been privy to quite a bit and perhaps now it's a great time to diversify my energies a bit more. So
during these two weeks, in my free time, I've embarked on a few mini-projects...... So my time here won't be as frequent anymore or will be dialed down quite a bit. I will probably observe much more from here on out.

One thing can't be denied though.... It's a great time to be a game fan, all sides tbh. My thing has always been, bring great games, all console manufacturers and that has not changed. I think next gen is going to be the biggest leap for gaming we've ever seen and it will benefit us all..... Finally, even PC gamers will see the benefit of their kit that laid latent for so long. If consoles are leading the charge in what technologies and advancements we see in games..... I think the next few months and years will be quite revolutionary for the hobby.....

Good Gaming
Cheers

Thanks Demi and the flower party, those bringing good cheer and even those who are a tad sarcastic and poking fun...... It's all good..... he he.....

Thing is, with the recent bans I've been thinking of doing just that. I really don't want to impede on a "discussy" gaf, prevent the influx of industry personnel etc.....

Tbh, I started off on forums at videogamereview. com...."It's dead now".... I was looking for reviews on PS2 games, it's really one of the best user review sites that ever existed imo, no trolling, no 0/10's for good games like you see on Metacritic etc..... So I ventured into the forums there which was not moderated really, funny enough, it was a small forum and though things got heated, it never really got personal, at least nothing more than light jabs and the occasional ribbing....Yet, this was where, I heard about GAF, funny enough. Gaming-Age was one of my favorite review sites or websites in general and I never delved into the forums there. I just liked reading Jim's reviews and the like whilst doing my foruming at VGR....

and what did they call Xbox and Nintendo fans again?). I also loved reading IGN reviews AND their content back then (not anymore though). Outlet reviews are just not as interesting to me anymore, prefer user reviews.... Loved the 1up show, amazing content, even the bits we meme out today, like (The one bad thing about Gears meme) ha ha...Loved gametrailers, really loved the narration on their video reviews, just excellent stuff, they really popularized critiquing games in video form and were iconic there, and here we are today, pretty much every review is a video. The same can be said with lens of truth as far as tech videos were concerned, they popularized tech videos way back then..... So yes, as far as gaming media is concerned we've made lots of progress and all the guys involved in securing such milestones can be extremely proud....

But yes, I just said that to say, that I've been privy to quite a bit and perhaps now it's a great time to diversify my energies a bit more. So
during these two weeks, in my free time, I've embarked on a few mini-projects...... So my time here won't be as frequent anymore or will be dialed down quite a bit. I will probably observe much more from here on out.

One thing can't be denied though.... It's a great time to be a game fan, all sides tbh. My thing has always been, bring great games, all console manufacturers and that has not changed. I think next gen is going to be the biggest leap for gaming we've ever seen and it will benefit us all..... Finally, even PC gamers will see the benefit of their kit that laid latent for so long. If consoles are leading the charge in what technologies and advancements we see in games..... I think the next few months and years will be quite revolutionary for the hobby.....

Good Gaming
Cheers
giphy.gif

Beautifully said, my fellow comrade 💗

What's interesting is I've had a similar history to yours when it comes to gaming journalism. I discovered 1up back in 2007 I believe and felt like they were the best reviewers in the market. IGN were also fantastic before and I feel like journalism right now has reached the point of no return due to letting politics enter the conversation when it shouldn't.

I'm looking forward to seeing your mini-projects completed and please post them here! Me and demigod demigod will keep guard in the meantime :) Glad to have you back!

Last edited:

ROMhack

Good Gaming
Cheers

Your last two paragraphs certainly ring true and I like your positive approach.

I think a lot of people - myself included - get tethered to the routine of coming to forums like NeoGAF (as well as other websites). Often you end up losing sight of why you're here in the first place. I would honestly wager that a lot of posters - again myself included - tend to get more cynical about things the longer we're here. I fully assume that when the mods say 'take a break' when the bans come in, I don't think it's negativity on their part — I think they genuinely get that people spending too much time here makes them more negative than they would be otherwise.

This stream of consciousness will end by me saying that it's great you're finding time to embark on mini-projects. I really hope they work out for you - and really, it's super important to have that balance between spending time with online communities and spending time with yourself (and maybe others) working on something you can feel proud about.

Basically, I hope your post won't be your last true word. Good luck and god speed :)

Last edited:
Your last two paragraphs certainly ring true and I like your positive approach.

I think a lot of people - myself included - get tethered to the routine of coming to forums like NeoGAF (as well as other websites). Often you end up losing sight of why you're here in the first place. I would honestly wager that a lot of posters - again myself included - tend to get more cynical about things the longer we're here. I fully assume that when the mods say 'take a break' when the bans come in, I don't think it's negativity on their part — I think they genuinely get that people spending too much time here makes them more negative than they would be otherwise.

This stream of consciousness will end by me saying that it's great you're finding time to embark on mini-projects. I really hope they work out for you - and really, it's super important to have that balance between spending time with online communities and spending time with yourself (and maybe others) working on something you can feel proud about.

Basically, I hope your post won't be your last true word. Good luck and god speed :)

spot on

giphy.gif

is this really needed a welcome back from a ban? they guy so anti xbox in his posts its unreal. the guy does post good stuff at times but her can't see beyond his playstation bias. the Playstation has great games the xbox has great games.
It was a welcome back thread made by a specific group of people. We like to call ourselves The Patriots.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
is this really needed a welcome back from a ban? they guy so anti xbox in his posts its unreal. the guy does post good stuff at times but her can't see beyond his playstation bias. the Playstation has great games the xbox has great games.

Well that’s odd lol

Never said there wasn’t, but some offenders are worse than others. Some people make posts about games on a console they don’t own just to bad mouth the game

Y6wcBsr.jpg

Top Bottom