• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well done Sony..

CuNi

I am kinda disappointed in most of the "next gen" games so far.. both by MS and Sony.
Why are devs going so often for this "realism" art-style? I can't look at it. I know that's a me-problem but I feel so bad about this.
So many probably good games I won't be able to play because those graphics look so weird and oversaturated.

Visuals were underwhelming but it was a strong line up of games. One thing I did find interesting was that only one game had a white male lead. Seems pretty racist and misandristic to me.

Last edited:

Allandor

Well GT7 ...
But we'll where is the next gen stuff. Only ratchet and clank looked next gen so far, and only because of the world switching.

... What a trailer for a game coming 2022 ... Lol

Last edited:

Dr Bass

I am kinda disappointed in most of the "next gen" games so far.. both by MS and Sony.
Why are devs going so often for this "realism" art-style? I can't look at it. I know that's a me-problem but I feel so bad about this.
So many probably good games I won't be able to play because those graphics look so weird and oversaturated.

There were a LOT of games that didn't look even close to realistic. I saw a bunch of variety on display, with some things I'm interested and plenty I'm not. And that's good. The variety of games and software is one of the clear strengths Sony has, and is in stark contrast to the shooter/shooter/shooter setup we seem to see with Microsoft and Xbox. I think we saw one, maybe two shooters out of all of those games? Frankly I don't know what you're talking about.

Vandole

At the end when they really stressed their commitment to generational gaming, I couldn't help but feel that was code for, "this shit is gonna cost you."

I'm not sure if a Demon's Souls remaster could make me purchase that fucking ugly piece of plastic. 3 legit games shown, rest are 25 cent Nintendo Eshop fodder. Sony now the mighty have fallen.

Last edited:

Woopah

Visuals were underwhelming but it was a strong line up of games. One thing I did find interesting was that only one game had a white male lead. Seems pretty racist and misandristic to me.
What? How is that racist or misandric when there were plenty of white characters and plenty of male characters?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Next gen feels like last gen with a bit more shine.

People who insisted that diminishing returns weren’t happening whether because the PS4/XB1 were underpowered out of the gate or because they bought into the new console spec sheets are looking a little foolish right now.

I haven’t seen a damn thing yet that my 1080ti would have that much trouble running.

yurqqa

Really, guys, have you seen the reveals of the consoles before that ?
It's either previous generation looking games or CGIs.
Maybe 1-2 that look better - here it was Horizon.

Sony showed a lot of DIFFERENT games and not just tons of sequels for safe-bet franchises.

P.S. Why am I talking to fanboys ? I'll better go to sleep.

Yeah it was bad. Don’t care for demon’s soul, in any form, Ratchet was nice, Horizon2 amazing and that’s about it. (RE8 is multi). Too many cutscenes, so much for the gameplay extravaganza that was promised. Huge opportunity for MS in their July show.

CuNi

There were a LOT of games that didn't look even close to realistic. I saw a bunch of variety on display, with some things I'm interested and plenty I'm not. And that's good. The variety of games and software is one of the clear strengths Sony has, and is in stark contrast to the shooter/shooter/shooter setup we seem to see with Microsoft and Xbox. I think we saw one, maybe two shooters out of all of those games? Frankly I don't know what you're talking about.

I don't talk about diversity in gameplay etc. I actually like "shooter/shooter/shooter", but that wasn't my point.
My Issue is like with Godfall, Project Athia, some of the Ratchet & Clank dimensions etc.
Like I said I'm not saying they are bad games or so, we all know Sony is very good in making fun and enjoyable games.
It's just that like many big games try way to hard to look realistic and in my opinion that just kills the whole game. But like I said thats a "me" problem.

Kingdom Hearts 3 did it, Final Fantasy XV did it too. IMHO those games would have done somewhat better if they didn't try and push so hard for that PBR Rendering and realism.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Great presentation you have many on Twitter saying the same. Solid 85-90 nothing but fucking games, gameplay, many first party, some heavy hitters as well as platformer, some indies. Variety off the chain. No cutscene focus but pure gameplay.

Sony paced shit well and he was right let games do the talking. Demon Souls remastered made me happiest person right now. But around 8 games are must buys for me.

Top Bottom