• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

well, looks like I'm not beating DQ8 afterall. (spoilers kinda)

Reilly

I am getting the 7 orbs at the end of the game and as I was leaving the after getting the yellow orb (in baccarat) I was running down the stairs in the house and somehow I managed to wedge myself behind Carrie against the corner. I must have ran behind her before she loaded. Basically, I'm stuck. I can't zoom or anything. Is there a way out? or am I screwed? Just a reminder, I didn't save at all after beating the floating castle part, so I don't want to have to reset.

Reilly

untitled8og.gif

snaildog

My friend once lost five hours of play in Fallout 2 because he got stuck behind his companion. Should've seen his face when I told him there's a "push party member" option :lol

Sorry if this is redundant, but have you tried switching characters?

Edit: Never mind. I didn't realize how old this thread was.

Reilly

dont' worry, I ended up replaying it (it wasn't as bad as I thought). I'm glad I did finish it. Fantastic ending. :D

Reilly

Diablos said:
WTF

You beat it that fast??

WTF

How many hours?

Damn, I'm ALMOST at the end.

I didn't replay the whole game. Only took me about 3-4 hours to replay the part i needed to

Diablos

Yeah but that part with Carrie is still not exactly near the end dude.
Wow.
Hardcore.
Do you play for like 10-12 hours at a time?

Diablos said:
Yeah but that part with Carrie is still not exactly near the end dude.

What? I thought the orbs fetch quest was the last thing done before the final boss fight. He did have to go through the floating castle again,

Diablos

oh oh...

I didn't know the orb thing required going back.

My bad. I thought he went from the part where you have to go in the desert with them

Speevy

Banned
I've finished the main game twice, but I'm stuck on the
darksteel dragon in the Dragovian Trials.

Red Scarlet

Speevy's beyond the 2nd ending.
Try building up defense power and getting everyone to Super High Tension (you get a defense bonus being in that state), while using Lightning/Thunder Thrust with the Hero and/or Executioner with Yangus. He should go down without too much trouble then.

He's past where you were in the game, Diablos.

Diablos

What do you mean beyond the second ending? I thought there was the regular one, then you do a bunch of stuff and there's the special one, then game over.

Red Scarlet

There's the first ending, then you have to beat a bonus boss to get the item you need for the 2nd ending. You can either do the 2nd ending or go back and do what Speevy is doing, then go get the 2nd ending whenever.

jett

D-Member
johnsmith said:
Quoted for truth. DQ8 easily has one of the best endings ever.

Meh, the ending disappointed me(it was charming and cute, though), mainly because EXACTLY what I thought was gonna happen
was saved for the second ending
. :p

Diablos

Red Scarlet said:
There's the first ending, then you have to beat a bonus boss to get the item you need for the 2nd ending. You can either do the 2nd ending or go back and do what Speevy is doing, then go get the 2nd ending whenever.
Hm.

Red Scarlet

Diablos:

Beat the game, and a bonus cave opens up. After the bonus cave, you can fight a bonus boss. Beating him will allow you to receive the item you need to get the 2nd ending. Anytime you decide to beat the game again you will get the 2nd ending. The bonus boss after that is multi-formed and harder than the regular last boss. It's completely optional whether or not you want to fight the other forms afterward.

It'll make perfect sense when you get there.

Red Scarlet said:
Diablos:

Beat the game, and a bonus cave opens up. After the bonus cave, you can fight a bonus boss. Beating him will allow you to receive the item you need to get the 2nd ending. Anytime you decide to beat the game again you will get the 2nd ending. The bonus boss after that is multi-formed and harder than the regular last boss. It's completely optional whether or not you want to fight the other forms afterward.

It'll make perfect sense when you get there.

OH MOTHERF@$!@#... One-hundred hours, and I'm still not done with this game?! Not that I wanted the game to end -- I just needed for it to end when it did and how it did. I swear to God, that item I need for the second ending better be
ribbed for Medea's pleasure

Top Bottom