• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wewt!1 I got accepted for the Monster Hunter Beta!

Ceros

I got my confirmation email yesterday. Even though I'm on the GAP, I still didn't think I would get accepted. Lol I even heard that if you're on the GAP and you apply for a beta you're automatically accepted but I don't believe it. Anyway, I can't wait to play this game because all of the previews say that is very PSO-ish and that is NOT a bad thing in my book. Anyone else participating in this beta here?? Maybe we can get some GA hunting groups together when it comes out.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i wonder if we'll all be on the same servers like in FFXI? (all = JPN & US players)

just as a side note, this game is still awesome (IN ONLINE MODE)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Despite the fact that I'm currently without a broadband connection, I got in too. I guess I'll end up leaching off my cousin's cable connection.

DCharlie

i wonder what the event quests will be for you lot?

we've had a few - and the Politan Hammer is a pretty funny weapon.

Ceros

kaching said:
I'm in, but I'm not sure if they're going to end up delivering it to the right address...

Yeah thats my only concern. Seeing as this is my first beta test, I just hope it gets here by the 15th like it's supposed to. Did you change addresses after you were accepted?? If so I could see why there would be a problem.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been in for awhile, it should be arriving tomorrow if not today. I always get beta tests early.

Ceros

Anyone been on the msg boards over at the beta test website? There's the infamous UPS "trick" up. I did it and I got a 1.00 package coming my way the 23rd. Anyone else really anticipating it's arrival on their doorstep?

Nos_G

Damn, damn damn...

The only beta I have gotten from the Panel is friggin' Socom2... :(

Give me more betas!! My Beta Binder is pretty much empty!!

Carm

The only other PS2 beta I've been in was the RE:O beta, but only played it for about an hour, horrible game/interface. Hopefully MH will be a better experience.

shoplifter

They must have had a big delay on this since they were supposed to be in hands by the 15th. I suppose that mine will show up tomorrow too.

edit: after checking the beta site i see that it did get delayed a week.

bjork

Looking forward to impressions other than "CAPCOM TEH GAY NO VOICE CHAT"... this game looks pretty cool.

Carm

Played for about an hour tonight, solo, don't think the servers are up yet. It's much better than the RE:O beta polish wise imo, tons more fun to. The only real complaint I have so far is there isn't any sort of lock-on, not even a lazy one, gets annoying when you swing and miss because of it.

Drey1082

Did anyone get their beta kits today? I'm at work, so I don't know if mine is in yet. Also, can anyone access the beta message board that we're given? I can't acess it for some reason.

Ceros

Yeah I can. Maybe you're cookies aren't allowed. Try signing in from the playstation website and going to the message board from there and it just might work. I probably won't get my beta kit until like 5:00pm EST. I hate UPS....

Drey1082

Ceros said:
Yeah I can. Maybe you're cookies aren't allowed. Try signing in from the playstation website and going to the message board from there and it just might work. I probably won't get my beta kit until like 5:00pm EST. I hate UPS....

cookies are allowed... i don't get a beta tab on any of the playstation.com webpages.. I emailed them, and hopefully it will be fixed.

Carm

Wario64 said:
You can play single player in the beta?

Yea, only level 1 quests(which is 5 different quests) and the urgent quest. In network mode I think it's the same, except maybe not the urgent quest, I may be misreading that part though.

The 5 quests are really short though. Loading times are a huge difference compared to RE:O, although they are frequent because the "levels" are so small.

Crap.

Cleared the training quests and the First Monster Hunt quest.

Doesn't look like I can play any further.

Okay. . .

Time to start raping the FMH quest for moneys to buy some pants.

DSCN0130.JPG

DSCN0129.JPG

DSCN0131.JPG

ROX!

Ceros

Hehe nice pics. How's the online play? I'm still in single player and I like it so far. It has a certain flair that I haven't experienced in a video game before. Oh yeah, the BBQ music rocks!

Mock

Banned
Another online Capcom game... they're 0 and 3 so far.

SvsSNK2 on Live - botched it bandwidth issues

Steel Battallion: LOC - same, only worse, totally destroying its vast potential

Resident Evil Outbreak - the zombies don't kill you, the lack of communication and load times will.

Monster Hunter - hacked to pieces a la PSO, Champions of Norrath.

Ceros

but isn't DNAS supposed to have something to do with the stopping hackin online. I don't think it will help, when someone uses a GS on their single player character and then brings them online though. That, the camera, and lack of on-quest messaging in the game are the only things that I could see problematic.

Mairu

Mock said:
Another online Capcom game... they're 0 and 3 so far.

SvsSNK2 on Live - botched it bandwidth issues

Steel Battallion: LOC - same, only worse, totally destroying its vast potential

Resident Evil Outbreak - the zombies don't kill you, the lack of communication and load times will.

Monster Hunter - hacked to pieces a la PSO, Champions of Norrath.
You forgot Auto Modellista

I have very low expectations for the online play in Monster Hunter & the upcoming Street Fighter collections, here's hoping that Capcom manages to stop sucking with online play :/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone know the method to figure out whether Sony sent your beta copy of a game or not? I remember there was a way to figure out the tracking number for my Socom 2 beta but I forgot how to do it

Ceros

well you went to ups.com and clicked on track by reference number...then put the number 1 in and enter your zip code. then look for a 1 lbs package either coming from terra haute or some other place I can't remember right now lol.

DCharlie

well, so far i've not heard of any hacking on the JPN game.
Only loop hole was some sub rare-3 item duplication (which is basically pointless) although i'm sure something like the gayshark will give codes to ruin the offline game and hence ruin the online game (or maybe not? Maybe there is some protection in there?)

It would be funny if anyone who comes into online with G-Series armour but a HR of 1 gets autobannededed.

Top Bottom