• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some good import soundtracks?

Dead

well not really...yet
SailorDaravon said:
Seriously?
uh yeah. By far the best symphonic in game music i've ever heard from any game ever. The non symphonic material is great as well, also terrific choral tracks, It's an amazing score.

MrDaravon

Dead said:
uh yeah. By far the best symphonic in game music i've ever heard from any game ever. The non symphonic material is great as well, also terrific choral tracks, It's an amazing score.

I'm a Mitsuda fan, and I thought that it was one of his worst works. I'm not exactly a fan of the game itself either though, so I could be biased :p.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
SailorDaravon said:
WANGAN MIDNIGHT MAXIMUM TUNE 2 OST
This is not a lie, people. I'm nowhere near a Koshiro fanboy but this is great stuff here.

You can never go wrong with DQ symphonics if you like classical stuff.

The PS2 Contras are also quite good.

Dead

well not really...yet
SailorDaravon said:
I'm a Mitsuda fan, and I thought that it was one of his worst works. I'm not exactly a fan of the game itself either though, so I could be biased :p.
Oh, well I guess you're just off your rocker.

Another reccomendation: Tales of Legendia.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Parasite fucking Eve

Really, Parasite Eve. Get it.

And, why not, Valkyrie Profile, too.

MrDaravon

Haha, didn't care much for ToL either, although I KNOW I'm in the minority on that one. I'm not too big on orchestrated soundtracks usually. Whereas I love the ToS soundtrack.

The Parasite Eve remix soundtrack was actually pretty good as well, although a little weird.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Baten Kaitos
Chrono Trigger/Cross

Off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm forgetting lots.

Jonnyram

dod2-ost.jpg

any of the suikoden series non-game soundtracks. you know, like the random arrange discs and things. they're freaking fantastic.

scdc00178_front.jpg

(when Katamari first came out, the import-savvy folks on GAF immediately compared the quality and diversity of its music to that of the Mr Driller series.. if you love Katamari, give it a shot!)

ghibli99

Elemental Gearbolt
RayStorm
ParaParaParadise (if you like Initial D-type stuff)
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy IV/VI/VIII
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
DJ Max Portable (in the Prestige Box)

Tons of others... I'll have to take a look at home later.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SailorDaravon said:
Haha, didn't care much for ToL either, although I KNOW I'm in the minority on that one. I'm not too big on orchestrated soundtracks usually. Whereas I love the ToS soundtrack.

The Parasite Eve remix soundtrack was actually pretty good as well, although a little weird.
That's just bad taste, man. I could understand not liking ToL, but to actually love the ToS OST is just insanity. I don't think it could have been more dull.

Top Bottom