• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some misconceptions you've had about members of the forum?

Jethalal

Banned
So I have had a few misconceptions about other users, I am sure some of you have had some too.
Some of mine include:

1. I thought Cunth Cunth was actually the dude in avatar until I noticed in a high res pic in a meta thread about him that it was actually Val Kilmer Fat version.

2. I thought ex-members cryptoadam cryptoadam and Liberty4all Liberty4all were Americans due to their remarkable enthusiasm in American politics.

3. I thought the user belmarduk belmarduk was from UK and his actual username was belmard, UK being his hometurf.

So have you had a similar experience as me? Any other misconceptions about some other user?

Last edited:
I have been on gaf for a long time, 2 previous accounts banned for wrong think then i just lurked reading the madness as it got worse and worse. Then the split happened and Evilore opened up membership to everyone again so i rejoined.

I never thought i would like and enjoy interacting with particular posters to the extent i did. I really began to enjoy shit posting and having jokes with the regulars who stayed loyal when everyone left or those that came back immediately.

But now most of them are banned from the politics, myself included and one by one they are being banned or dropping off gaf as they dont like where its going (going back to?)

This has honestly made me a little sad, i never really felt a connection with people on a forum before, reddit and /V/ always feel so anonymous. And i mean it made me sad, i legit felt bummed out when i was removed from a part of this site and then the ban page also bothered me.

I really did enjoy the last couple years on gaf and im sad that its over.

So yeah, thats my misconception, never thinking i would care for the opinions and views of other posters as strongly as i do.

Peggies

Gold Member
So I have had a few misconceptions about other users, I am sure some of you have had some too.
Some of mine include:

1. I thought Cunth Cunth was actually the dude in avatar until I noticed in a high res pic in a meta thread about him that it was actually Val Kilmer Fat version.

2. I thought ex-members cryptoadam cryptoadam and Liberty4all Liberty4all were Americans due to their remarkable enthusiasm in American politics.

3. I thought the user belmarduk belmarduk was from UK and his actual username was belmard, UK being his hometurf.

So have you had a similar experience as me? Any other misconceptions about some other user?
I thought you were your avatar :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Kev Kev

Wait.... Crypto wasn’t American either?
lol nope, and here is a real life pic of him...
5MUeocD.jpg

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Some of mine include:

Same. I was surprised to discover crypto wasn't American, downright floored floored when I found out liberty wasn't. I love my country, but those guys reeeeaaallly loved my country. :) Best of luck to the both of them wherever they go. Despite our obvious political differences I liked them both, chill dudes.

I don't know anything about or have an opinion about anyone else here I guess.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Same. I was surprised to discover crypto wasn't American, downright floored floored when I found out liberty wasn't. I love my country, but those guys reeeeaaallly loved my country. :) Best of luck to the both of them wherever they go. Despite our obvious political differences I liked them both, chill dudes.

I don't know anything about or have an opinion about anyone else here I guess.

Canada must be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally fucking dull.

DESTROYA

Canada must be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally fucking dull.
I know right and I’d add Australia on that list too.

I’ve been here for a while and pretty much seen everything but the only thing I’ve noticed is how touchy and fragile most new members egos are. I thought it was misconception but it turns out to be true.
The Reeeeeeturners have really brought the whole vibe of GAF down a notch.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I know right and I’d add Australia on that list too.

I’ve been here for a while and pretty much seen everything but the only thing I’ve noticed is how touchy and fragile most new members egos are. I thought it was misconception but it turns out to be true.
The Reeeeeeturners have really brought the whole vibe of GAF down a notch.

It’s depressing. This is the only forum I go on and it’s not looking good with the new safe space crew. For a good while though this forum was ideal, but nothing like that lasts. Now it’s kind of the leftist PR crew clocking in every day.

Top Bottom