• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Are Some Old School Games That Should Have HD Remixes?

Orioto is the man!

Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg

Milky_Sky_by_Orioto.jpg

Green_Hill_Zone_by_Orioto.jpg

Aquatic_Run_by_Orioto.jpg

And I would kill for this:
Night_Encounter_by_Orioto.jpg

God, that Super Metroid render... lovely.

I nominate Streets of Rage 2 and Strider (also Strider 2, even though its not really that old school yet).

There will never be a MvC2 HD Remix because no man in his right mind would try to rebalance that game.

Woffls

gunstar.jpg

Making it about twice as long wouldn't go a miss either. Online co-op would be pretty epic, and there's enough variety of weapons to make for some very entertaining flashy lights.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Honestly, I don't think most 2D games really need graphical remixes, as that art style is really timeless (although other things like balancing issues, slowdown, niggling controls, etc should possibly be fixed). But early 3D games, absolutely... and Panzer Dragoon Saga to start with. Not to mention, this will vastly improve availability of the game, so more people can play without forking over $200 for a copy.

dabookerman said:
Orioto is the man!

http://fc45.deviantart.com/fs33/i/2008/291/8/2/Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://fc22.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/233/5/1/Milky_Sky_by_Orioto.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://fc57.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/210/e/5/Green_Hill_Zone_by_Orioto.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://fc31.deviantart.com/fs36/i/2008/258/1/9/Aquatic_Run_by_Orioto.jpg[IMG]

And I would kill for this:
[IMG]http://fc97.deviantart.com/fs35/i/2008/292/f/8/Night_Encounter_by_Orioto.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

wow, this guy understands what we mean with HD remakes. Somebody please offer him a job as art director, I wanna play these games!

Puli

Banned
Robo Pit

Best robot fighting game ever. :p My favorite PSX game by far (though I only played a few at my friends house as a kid)

As soon as I got my PS2 I went out searching for the game, finally found it on ebay.

Ubersnug

I'm a bit of an Amiga whore, so my selection comes from Commodores back catalogue:

Cannon fodder (lets ignore the port coming to PSP)
cannonfodder4.jpg

Paradroid 90 (can't believe this is the only real image I can find on this)
p90.gif

Flashback
Flashback.jpg

Mega Lo Mania
mega-lo-mania_7.png

Banshee
banshee-1.png

RoadKill
roadkill_(aga)_04.png

Jetstrike
jetstrike_04.png

Liberation
liberation_(cd32)_12.png

DreamWeb
dreamweb_(aga)_05.png

Swiv
swiv_03.png

Alien Breed Tower Assault
alien_breed_-_tower_assault_(cd32)_04.png

Skeleton Krew
skeleton_krew_(cd32)_03.png

Shadowlands (another bad image)
shadowlands_03.png

Heimdall
heimdall_17.png

Syndicate (yup, I know starbreeze is developing anew version. I just hope it offers similar gameplay to the original)
syndicate_(cd32)_20.png

North & South
north_and_south_04.png

The Chaos Engine
chaos_engine_(cd32)_07.png

I could go on and on and on.....(etc)

ph15h

Neo Member
Megaman (any) :( Not blasphemous... just throwing it out there
Megaman X (any before 5)
Strider
Final Fight
The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse
Ghouls and Ghost
-
Sonic the Hedgehog
Gunstar Heroes (any)
Altered Beast
-
Mario (ANY... but spelling)
actually... any classic Nintendo Franchise.
Specifically, Zelda and Metroid
-
RIVER CITY RANSOM
Pocky and Rocky
-
Chrono Trigger

>.> and some non- super old school ones...

FFVII
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Xenogears
Mario Kart
Suikoden II
Twilight Princess... hehe. Imagine that in HD *drooooool*
Ace Attorney Series

Those are all i can think up of off the top of my head... >.> in the morning i'll probably be able to double that list

Segata Sanshiro said:
The best thing about not being a graphics whore is that you never stop appreciating the classics.

<3

If a company is going to bother revisiting an older franchise in HD, I'd rather it be a whole new game than a pretty remake.

Secks4Food said:
<3

If a company is going to bother revisiting an older franchise in HD, I'd rather it be a whole new game than a pretty remake.

Exactly. I mean imagine if Contra IV was just basically Contra I with "improved graphics" on the DS.

dabookermans post blows my mind. holy cow. *unzips pants*

i need:

-Virtual On Cyber Troopers
-Blast Corps
-Mischief Makers

Honestly. I'm too tired to think of anything, I'm sure there's plenty more.

California Games (master system version)
Bart vs the Space Mutants
IK+ (International Karate Plus)
Super Mario Kart (Snes Version)
Every 2d fighter made on the Neo Geo

Endymion

Super Mario All Stars
Doom
Final fantasy VI
Strider
Silent Hill
Symphony of the Night
Gradius Gaiden
Samurai Shodown
R-Type
Lemmings
Rage Racer

lordmrw

Segata Sanshiro said:
The best thing about not being a graphics whore is that you never stop appreciating the classics.

Seriously, this is what alot of you are reduced to? Wishing you could play Nes games in HD? Are you fucking serious?

KevinCow

Banned
Not exactly an HD Remix, but I'd like to see a new Balloon Fight done similarly to games like Pacman CE, Galaga Legions, and Jetpac Refueled.

camineet

Banned
Choplifter!

1982 original Apple II computer version
choplift2.gif

1985 Sega arcade remake
Choplifter.png

These screenshots do not begin to show the huge difference between the two versions, you've gotta see them in motion to compare.

Anyway Choplifter is just BEGGING for an HD remake on XBLA / PSN.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
KevinCow said:
Not exactly an HD Remix, but I'd like to see a new Balloon Fight done similarly to games like Pacman CE, Galaga Legions, and Jetpac Refueled.
This is an excellent idea. <3 Balloon Fight.

NaviLink

perfectdarkss.jpg

Come on guys, no Perfect Dark mentioned yet ? After Banjo-Kazooie remake, I'd love to see that. With online coop and multiplayer, of course. It would be so great.

Top Bottom