• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best play modes for Mario Party 5?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Cool game, but it's so long! played 25 turns on the first board and I think we played for about 3 hours. for anyone that has played it a bit, what is a good mode to play that will keep things kind of quick but not cut the game off to much?

This game is brutal, I was getting my ass handed to me with no stars, and in the last 5 turns I won the game, the chance elements get remarkably frustrating. seems like a game that would go well with beer.

We usually go with 15 turn games. Turn off the minigame explanation screens if everyone has played before. Try to play maps without a lot of events... the bowser stage can get annoying in that regard when Bowser walks the whole path.

Even though it is better than 4 in that regard, Mario Party as a series still has a long way to go as far as streamlining everything.

Edit: Oh and to slightly mitigate the luck factor keep the bonus stars on. The coin star and mini game star do a lot to reward skillful playing. The ? mark star might also make you want to land on some of the more harmful ? spaces, which can be an interesting decision at times.

Top Bottom