• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games will you never play before you die?

Shifty1897

This was the first game series that came to mind, but I'm 4 games in now and honestly having a blast. Each game plays like a season of a TV show, and it's just that the TV show is already in its 12th season. Unlike TV shows that go into 12 seasons, this is just getting better over time (better writing, better storytelling, better characters, etc.) There are also a few jumping in points that work okay, if you don't want to have to watch the earlier seasons.

HowLongToBeat says that all the existing games together (starting with Trails in the Sky) can be beat in around 500 hours. Daunting, but not insurmountable.
Okay but I started playing the Xenoblade series in 2022 and I just started Torna: The Golden Country yesterday. 500 hours of games would take me 5 years at my current rate, and that would be after I finished Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed in 2026 (lol). Not impossible, just improbable.

Cyberpunkd

Ill probably never play and beat an MMO like Wow, they are just too big, I have to sacrifice so much time that I could be playing several games to play just 1. But who knows maybe Ill become curious enough some day.
The main story in WoW is surprisingly fast-paced, they made sure starting from WotLK that all zones are more or less self contained story-wise. Give it a go, ignore the raids and even the dungeons.

SHA

I’m worried that Skyrim Grandma won’t get to play the next Elder Strolls game. 😕
5-AFD3231-68-AA-44-F1-A02-A-A21-E3756-F5-C9.jpg
She will, humans get what they wanted anyway.

LostDonkey

Life is Strange, I don't get this game and I don't want to associate anything bad in life to this game cause this game doesn't make sense like in the second series, they could just let the cop get them and everything gonna be fine but that didn't happen "that's the strange part, not life itself", the story just make me feel God isn't generous, it's the story's fault, unless they make the plot bigger to get better understanding of why this stuff happening, otherwise, it's just as I said, cause in limited narrow scope, even in 2024, you could still fit shitty plot unfortunately.

Sounds like you already played it

MagnesD3

The main story in WoW is surprisingly fast-paced, they made sure starting from WotLK that all zones are more or less self contained story-wise. Give it a go, ignore the raids and even the dungeons.
Well also wouldnt wanna miss out on big meaningful gameplay things too but thats encouraging at least as WoW is pretty impactful on gaming and I feel I really should experience it someday.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Any farming sim, or adjacent sim game. Or sports game. (That isn't ridiculous and exaggerated ala NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, Mutant League, etc.)

Last edited:

meatsauce

Neo Member
Elden Ring
Palworld
Lethal Company
Metal Gear Survive
Any Roguelike game
Any Soulslike game
Any VR game
Any Gatcha game

xrnzaaas

I've bought a copy of Stellaris already knowing I won't put 100 hours+ into a single playthrough and I wouldn't want a partial one. At least it looks nice on my shelf.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Persona - any of them. The series looks cringe.

Kingdom Hearts - Children's Final Fantasy, or "My first RPG". My young nephews would love it, but I've never seen the appeal.

Hudo

Half-Life 3
Ultima X
Command & Conquer 4
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Vol. 2
Command & Conquer Renegade 2
Wing Commander 5
Final Fantasy Tactics II (written and directed by Yasumi Matsuno)
Dungeon Keeper 3
Burnout 4
Rayman 4
Battle Realms 2
King's Field V
Motorstorm
Wipeout Next
Resistance 4
Total War: Empire II
Total War: WW1 (yes, I think it would be possible if CA weren't utterly lazy retards)
Phantasy Star V: The Next Generation
An AAA Star Trek RPG (like the first Mass Effect but better)
Soul Reaver 3
Bully 2
Mega Man Legends 3
Advance Wars: Advance Harder
Deus Ex 4
Expeditions: Crusader
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic II
Sakura Wars (made by Atlus)
SIm City 5

SHA

Pong
Princess Peach
Star wars
PES
NFL
Half assed wrestling and mma games
Tekken Tag Tournament 3
Tekken x street fighter

Probably FFXIV expansions, especially Shadowbringers which I heard was awesome. I love FFXIV but I started having kids and just didn't have the time anymore. To even get to Shadowbringers I'd have to finish Heavensward and do all of Stormblood... it's just not gonna happen, even though I'd like to.

Roberts

I tried to play all kinds of Final Fantasy games over, what, three decades and just never found a way to enjoy any of them, despite their differences. Just doesn't click with me, so I will probably stop trying.

I really liked Yakuza 0 and Like a Dragon but there is no way in hell I will play the stuff they made in between. Just a few of these is enough for me.

Even though I think about getting Switch very often, I will most likely never do that as I don't really see myself playing handheld all that often so I guess I will miss most of these games, but I will definitely borrow one from a friend, because I really want to play both recent Zelda games and Metroid Dread.

Krathoon

I always keep finding weird old games that I probably will never beat.

Stuff like this one:

Krathoon

I do really feel a pull to play through FF16 and FF7 Remake. They are holding my interest and the gameplay is not that hard.

I still have FF9 to finish on the emulator.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

ET

I highly doubt I'll ever get around to finishing Xenoblade Chronicles. Even less chance playing the sequels.

People buys shit in game and that's equally stupid.
Doesn't change the fact that you were wrong. don't bend it like that. Take it like a man.
In game purchases are more common than exception these days, so no. You're not getting away with this one. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom