• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the worst flags, aesthetically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
This is by aesthetics. Leave current politics out of it.

A flag is an outward symbol of a place and its people, or a movement, or a peace of history. The history of flags goes back thousands of years.

Unfortunately, a lot of them are shit. Here are a few.

Irribarren, Venezuela
irribarren-lara-venezuela.gif

Abaco Independence Movement
abaco-island-independence-movement.gif

Alo Island, Wallis and Futuna
alo-island-wallis-and-fortuna.gif

Brown County, Nebraska
brown-county-nebraska1.gif

This one is not bad, but I'm obligated to post it:

Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia
3hhBy5P.gif

L33T

Banned
The Abaco Independence Movement flag looks like it was only made using microsoft paint's spray and fill tool, lol.

StoneFox

I laugh at any US state flag that has the state name on it, like, just make a recognizable and unique flag like New Mexico or Arizona.

Anyway, here's Sicily's flag. Never liked it lol

3624230807_6a765a85b2.jpg

Poyunch

I laugh at any US state flag that has the state name on it, like, just make a recognizable and unique flag like New Mexico or Arizona.

Anyway, here's Sicily's flag. Never liked it lol

3624230807_6a765a85b2.jpg

Something about Sicily's flag always gave me kinky vibes.

alatif113

Simple does not equal lazy. Flags are suppose to simple symbols that are iconic and recognizable. You're seeing these things at what would correlate to the size of a stamp up close.

Best badass flag: Amsterdam

1280px-Flag_of_Amsterdam.svg.png

Worst: has a picture of a flag ON THE FLAG
1280px-Flag_of_Milwaukee,_Wisconsin.svg_.png

Also here's a great Ted Talk on the subject: https://youtu.be/pnv5iKB2hl4

Jacob

I'm not sure anything can top Brown County, Nebraska. You get all sorts of weird/dumb flags at the sub-national level. The "blue bedsheet" model of US state flag design is sooo bad. The flag of Kansas is just one example of this; there are dozens that look almost exactly like it.

Maryland, USA

md_fi.gif

This isn't a best flags thread.

Parch

I remember in grade 3 we had a contest to create a school flag. I'm thinking some of these places had a similar kiddie competition.

7Zbs57s.gif

Let's put two complementary colours next to each other. That won't hurt the eyes at all.

it saddens me that Portugal ditched their historic White+Blue colors for the ugly Republican Red+Green

INYqCGT.png

Blue on White has been Portugal's colors since its foundation.

The Red and Green is borrowing from the late 19th and early 20th Century Republican Party (Portugal's) colors

IMO, Portugal should revert back to White n Blue (without the crown)

I want this:
600px-Flag_of_Portugalsvg_zpsf07c6f33.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom