• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you buying in October??

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok so we already established that it hasn't been a slow year for gaming. But when I took a look at what games are coming out in October I'm seeing a ton that I'm interested in.
I just celebrated a birthday and I'm sitting on a bunch of gift cards to be used on video games etc..

The only games that are really jumping out at me right now are Stubbs the Zombie and Shadow of the Colosuss. And I couldn't even find SoC on EBgames release list so I'm not sure if it's October or not.

There are several other games I'm curious about such as The Warriors, but I'll definelty wait to learn more before I would say that I'm actually excited.

So what is GAF looking forward to for October???

And.. Is anyone have any interest in "Getting Up"?? That graffiti game from Marc Echo?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
257136.jpg
257884.jpg
255465.jpg

in that order

Ecrofirt

Nothing.

November will be my big month.

PS2
PS2 memory card
DQ8

X360 wireless controller
Battery pack
Play & chrge kit
Kameo
probably PD0, but who knows

Mrbob

Nothing. I think GTA PSP looks cool but I've never finished a GTA game in my life so I'll wait for it to drop in price. Hope it sells like hotcakes though.

I'm not buying another game till Xbox 360 is out.

Memles

Well, as of an hour ago, a DS.

Otherwise, nothing. I'll finish Astro Boy and Fire Emblem and borrow some DS games in the meantime.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I buckled and bought NBA 2K6 today for Xbox. I thought I could hold out. I've been hearing way too many 'greatest basketball game' quotes to hold out till November 22nd

Amir0x

Banned
Soul Calibur III is at the end of the month, no? It's moved up from a must buy to a HOLY SHIT GET THE SECOND IT COMES OUT buy, because the demo was incredible and the features showcased in the video out of this world. Truly a dramatic step up for the series.

Shadow of the Colossus is the other for me, a month of S.

Castlevania DS. Uh, GTA:LCS is in November or late October?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
castlevania, colossus, and gunstar super heroes. that might be it for the rest of the year, actually, unless i decide to get a 360.

Johnas

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Shadow of the Colossus
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Resident Evil 4

I...think that's it. Does Gunstar Super Heroes come out this month? If so, that too.

Forgot about SCIII. Thanks Ami.

MoxManiac

Digital Devil Saga 2 on wednsday, oh yes.

Might get Soul Cal 3 if budget allows. What I really want to do is score some hot october releases in the TRU 3 for 2 sale.

Ironclad

Gamestop has Shadow of the Colossus slated for 10/18/05.
Here's my list.

Shadow of the Colossus
Digital Devil Saga 2
Gunstar Super Heroes
And of course the PS2 Capcom LE.

Shadow of the Colossus

...and a few DVD's, like Dominion: A Prequel to the Exorcist and Batman Begins.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm eying up Castlevania, Shadow of the Colossus, Phoenix Wright, Getting Up, and Stubbs.

My priorities lie in music, though, with like 10 releases this month, I don't know if there'll be any gaming money left. :<

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lambtron said:
I'm eying up Castlevania, Shadow of the Colossus, Phoenix Wright, Getting Up, and Stubbs.

My priorities lie in music, though, with like 10 releases this month, I don't know if there'll be any gaming money left. :<

Someone else is actually interested in Stubbs and Getting Up. Cool. :lol

This definelty does look like a portable gaming month. I haven't picked up either the DS or the PSP so I'm gonna be missing out on some Castlevania loving.
True am cry.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Truelize said:
Someone else is actually interested in Stubbs and Getting Up. Cool. :lol

I'm pretty iffy on Getting Up. The idea intrigues the shit out of me, but I haven't heard anything in a long time. The idea of just sneaking around a world and tagging sounds awesome. I dunno. I'll wait on reviews. I've been pumped for Stubbs for a while, sounds like it'll be a blast.

I totally forgot SoulCalibur III. But my SoulCalibur homies are gone, so I may not get it right away.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
shouldn't the Stubbs box mention it's from the creator of Halo instead of saying built on the Halo engine? i couldn't care less what engine it's on

Amir0x

Banned
You know for all the times Shadow of the Colossus was listed in this thread I bet it'll sell only 1/2 a single unit at retail :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Black and White 2.. maybe Lost in Blue, and Tramua Center...Already bought NBA2k6..

Ironclad

Shoot, I forgot Trauma Center. I'll definitely pick that up. I imported Phoenix Wright. I've had my eye on Stubbs but I'll wait for a price drop on that one.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Shoot, I forgot Trauma Center. I'll definitely pick that up. I imported Phoenix Wright. I've had my eye on Stubbs but I'll wait for a price drop on that one.

When you Import Phoenix Wright...we all lose..

JavyOO7

Castlevania DS
Phoenix Wright
Trauma Center
Fire Emblem
Batallion Wars

I think I'll be buying BW rather than Castlevania this week. Even after over a month and a half, Ouendan has a chokehold on my DS. I've been really looking forward to BW anyway, I've been wanting to get it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Definately:
-Castlevania, Trauma Center, and DDS2 next week.
-Colossus, Gunstar, Phoenix Wright, Fire Emblem and SC3 during the rest of Oct.

Devil kings, RE4, Romancing Saga, Warriors, FEAR, Quake 4, SSX4, and Metroid Pinball on the "wait and see" pile.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
For sure:
GBA SP2
Gunstar Super Heroes

Maybe:
Battalion Wars

Mostly working through a back catalogue.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yesterday, I picked up a used Game Cube along with Biohazard 4, Viewtiful Joe Battle Carnival, PN03, and a GB Player (mainly for Zelda Minish Cap and Gunstar Super Heroes).

This week, I'm getting Gunstar Super Heroes for the GBA and Dragonball Z Sparking for the PS2. Thinking about buying Super Princess Peach for the DS on the 20th...can't really think of much else I'm going to buy, although I am most likely going to import Soul Calibur 3 from the U.S. No way am I going to wait another month for the Japanese release!

If Gunstar Super Heroes doesn't turn out well (I was not impressed with AGH, but I have restarted it and am giving it another chance), I think I'm done buying Treasure games.

Digital Devil Saga 2
Romancing Saga
Devil Kings (I have no idea why.)
Shadow of the Colossus
Wild Arms: Alter Code F
Shining Force Neo (Wasting my money aren't I?)
Resident Evil 4
Soul Calibur 3
Trapt

A few of these are probably subject to change but whatever.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
-Warriors
-SSX4
-GTA: Liberty City
-Stubbs the Zombie
-Gunstar Super Heroes

maybe-
Socom 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 4, Soul Calibur 3

Top Bottom