• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you buying in October??

_Angelus_

Banned
Is Capcom Classics worth buying folks? I saw it at BlockBusters but remeber there being some noise being made about it a few days ago?

As long as the games are around 80% faithful then thats good enough for me. And ofcourse the the controls aren't spotty.

Brandon F said:
Besides a name-change, what exactly does this mean?

Hard mode was in the JPN version.

Maniac is not. It's replaced with an all new Easy mode. Unfortunately.

But Hard mode isn't anything to totally scoff at either. I believe that our Hard is a little harder than Hard JPN. Just not Maniac levels.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Angelus said:
Is Capcom Classics worth buying folks? I saw it at BlockBusters but remeber there being some noise being made about it a few days ago?

As long as the games are around 80% faithful then thats good enough for me. And ofcourse the the controls aren't spotty.

Yes. Its worth it for Final Fight and the G&G games alone. Its an awesome collection. Probably the best I've seen.

In case some people need a little encouragement to BUY FIRE EMBLEM GODDAMN IT, here's a link to my import review. As I've repeated a thousand times: THIS IS THE BEST FIRE EMBLEM SINCE THE SUPER FAMICOM.

Az987

all good things
210870b.jpg
210870b.jpg
210870b.jpg
210870b.jpg
210870b.jpg
210870b.jpg
210870b.jpg
210870b.jpg

And last but certainly not least:
210870b.jpg

Ironclad

Dragona Akehi said:
In case some people need a little encouragement to BUY FIRE EMBLEM GODDAMN IT, here's a link to my import review. As I've repeated a thousand times: THIS IS THE BEST FIRE EMBLEM SINCE THE SUPER FAMICOM.
Always fightning the good fight, eh Dragona?

Ironclad_Ninja said:
Always fightning the good fight, eh Dragona?

I have to admit I have a vested interest in Fire Emblem selling well. It means I can play them in ENGLISH without any goddamned KANJI eating at my BRAINS. I hate that shit and have put up with it for over a decade for the sweet sweet goodness that is Fire Emblem. Now it's finally made the jump to English and I sure as hell don't want to go back.

So you all better buy it so I get me some more translated Fire Emblems.

Ironclad

Dragona Akehi said:
I have to admit I have a vested interest in Fire Emblem selling well. It means I can play them in ENGLISH without any goddamned KANJI eating at my BRAINS. I hate that shit and have put up with it for over a decade for the sweet sweet goodness that is Fire Emblem. Now it's finally made the jump to English and I sure as hell don't want to go back.

So you all better buy it so I get me some more translated Fire Emblems.
Oh, I feel your pain. Except replace the burning Kanji with some really bad fan translations that I have used to play some of the older FE games. Getting the games translated by NOA's top notch localization team is a godsend. I'm hoping just as much that it sells well.

Ironclad_Ninja said:
Oh, I feel your pain. Except replace the burning Kanji with some really bad fan translations that I have used to play some of the older FE games. Getting the games translated by NOA's top notch localization team is a godsend. I'm hoping just as much that it sells well.

Exactly. So....

BUY FIRE EMBLEM

Calidor

this month only:

243431.jpg
325503ps.gif
326862ps.gif
326711ps.gif
(PC)

saving up for November where i'll buy a DS, Mario Kart DS and another game i didn't decided yet, i'm think about Meteos, Castlevania, Advance Wars or Kirby CC

MoxManiac

Maniac mode sounds scary. Still think it's lame that it was removed, though. Why couldn't they leave it in and still add the new easy mode?

MoxManiac said:
Maniac mode sounds scary. Still think it's lame that it was removed, though. Why couldn't they leave it in and still add the new easy mode?

I'd have liked it as an unlockable, myself. But I'm just glad it's coming out in ENGLISH and it's FAPTASTICALLY AWESOME. When Pellham and myself are having hell beating missions on Maniac, you know it's fucking hard. (Probably too hard for 99.99999% of the english speaking audience.)

Digital Devil Saga 2
Resident Evil 4
Romancing Saga
Devil Kings
Shadow of the Colossus
Shining Force Neo
Taito Legends
Soul Calibur 3

_Angelus_

Banned
Baron Aloha said:
Yes. Its worth it for Final Fight and the G&G games alone. Its an awesome collection. Probably the best I've seen.

Allright,sounds good then. Thanks for the advice there. Looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Btw-Farcry is still kicking ass. This game is really something else,go buy it you freaks.:)

Tarazet

Change of plans: I'm not even playing anything else until I beat at least Growlanser II, and preferably III as well. I have never liked strategy RPGs - this was the one that finally clicked me in. :D

Tarazet

sonarrat said:
Change of plans: I'm not even playing anything else until I beat at least Growlanser II, and preferably III as well. I have never liked strategy RPGs - this was the one that finally clicked me in. :D

The joy and curse of a short attention span... here's what I've bought or traded a PSP for (CRY), this month... all of the games are new.

PS2

Rez
Xenosaga II
Shadow of the Colossus
Ferrari F355 Challenge
Gradius III & IV
Gradius V
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (non LE)
Capcom Classics Collection

Gamecube

Resident Evil 4
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

And a few more that I got for the sake of quick cash. Amazingly, I have more money now than I did on October 1st, even after all this... and after I sell the extra copy of Rez I'll be way ahead. (Still one PSP short though. :( )

Top Bottom