• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

lunnuyu

the way this song predicted the Beirut explosions 2 months in advance lol

[Chorus]
Lighter in my heart, I don’t feel sorry for myself
My pain is like the sun - it will rise in the east
I will spread fireworks in the sky over Beirut
And let everyone see from Tokyo, Tokyo

From womb to the womb
Rain falls to the sea
From the leap to the ground
Falls the reed into sound
From birth unto the tomb
Love breathes to release
These shackles of mind
This empty ruler
These clouds on the screen
From the state in between
Where in our blood
We always know

Clarissa

Banned
Just discovered this band's music only to find out that both members got killed in a traffic accident last year. Its so sad. They were so talented. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Give the song a listen. It's so good!

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Saw them live twice in the last 2 years. This song stands out. Tons of extremely subtle details in it for such a relatively simple song.

The drums start live as an electronic drum loop of Jimmy recorded and played as a sample. Then he comes in live when the song kicks in and plays live over it and it's a really cool effect. The drum line really carries the song, and is great.

I actually just watched this today, and was shocked how much I learned about the song. Highly recommended.

Bonus Episode: You simply must watch this teezzy teezzy .

Kev Kev

had to post this somewhere. really cool, very candid interview with tom waits. early 2000's i think. hes become one of my favorite artists in the last year or so. hes so peculiar. and i think thats what draws me into his music. its often weird and wonderful, sometime sad and melancholic. but always peculiar and just difficult to peel my ears away from.

he talks about one of my favorite albums of his, Alice, and another album he released along side called Blood Money. i never knew it was a double album release. heres a tune from each... im a sucker for the pretty songs 🤷‍♂️

mortal

Gold Member
souvlaki-1024x1013.jpg

Top Bottom