• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

The 80s were great for 12 inch mixes. When I was young I used to obsess over 12 inch records. So, here is a small selection of great 12 inch remixes from the 80s. Rave culture and early 90s dance music would kill this type of remix for awhile, with dance music remixes shifting away from traditional extended mixes to versions that often had very little to do with the original.

NEW ORDER - True Faith (Shep Pettibone Mix)

PET SHOP BOYS - In The Night (Arthur Baker Mix)

MADONNA - Open Your Heart (Dub)

A-HA - The Sun Always Shines on TV (Extended Mix)

ERASURE - Hideaway (Little Louie Vega Mix)

LIZA MINNELLI - Losing My Mind (Extended Mix)

HAPPY MONDAYS - WFL (Vince Clarke Remix)

PET SHOP BOYS - Opportunties (Let's Make Lots of Money) (Version Latina)

JAN HAMMER - Crockett's Theme (Ben Liebrand Remix)

JELLYBEAN - Just A Mirage (Extended Mix)

TrainedRage

Banned
Fire Mix

I forgot how much I love this song... I remember driving to Cleveland to see my best friend after a bad break up. As I was driving by Chicago at night this song came up in the album, I don't think I will forget that experience. Listening to Kaskade: Fire and Ice album on that road trip was something else.

Ice Mix

Last edited:
The Humanoid video reminded of an old CBM Amiga demo, Jesus on E's, it was perhaps the most famous demo to come out of the demo scene, at least at the time, and even got a play on MTV at one point. Anyway, it's a brilliant cut and paste of rave music culture and sampling culture. It came on 2 floppy discs and this was all done in less than 1.5mb. Still sounds great today.

Snoopycat

Banned
Moodymann is one of them all time great djs who gets nothing but respect from people who know him but has never hit the mainstream. It's annoying as shit because it means his records are expensive as fuck. Same with Dj Sprinkles, another great dj who only gets love from people in the house/techno scene. Most of his best stuff isn't even available so the only option is to pirate it which is dumb.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

I like this. The slight accent makes it much better. Nice and chill, simple. But it's better for it.
-This is my pairing for your song....

Bullet Club Bullet Club and P PedroPanache going in hard bringing the early 90's techno vibes.... feels
here ya go...

Moodymann is one of them all time great djs who gets nothing but respect from people who know him but has never hit the mainstream. It's annoying as shit because it means his records are expensive as fuck. Same with Dj Sprinkles, another great dj who only gets love from people in the house/techno scene. Most of his best stuff isn't even available so the only option is to pirate it which is dumb.

Damn that is some deeeeeep house... I love it. S'why i'm here. (y)

:messenger_neutral:

The ghost note symphonies.

I like his voice, first heard of them from the Guitar Hero/ rockband games.(y)

....Is that second video the actual music video, lol. What?!?!? I mean I smoke a lot of weed but that was too much. Love me some Depeche, but 'got dayum.

My addition... Some HolyU

Akuza89

I'm listening to the new You me at six album VI

This is the newest song from that album.

I've been listening to them from their old EP days on myspace! haha but they've evolved over time and have become a great band again and again.

mostly just Pusha T or Future in my car... got a playlist called cocaine and codeine lol

at work, mostly this playlist: Trevor Philips Industries Office Music -- lots of GTA, Deus Ex, and MGS V/PW)...

electronic or otherwise anything even remotely dance or pop-ish mostly stays to either the gym or playing GTA Online =p cuz it makes me speed when i drive lol. so car only plays rap now, maybe some soul or a little jazz -- stuff i can groove to, not speed to ;p

Top Bottom