• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your comfort foods?

French Fries Food GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK's CZ/SK
i could go a mcdonalds :messenger_unamused:

deathsaber

Sugary breakfast cereal. Eating it since I was a little kid (43 now) and I just can't quit it. Different ones over the years - Frosted Flakes, Fruity Pebbles, Corn Pops, Fruit loops, Honey Nut cheerios, lately Honey Bunches of Oats are the faves..

Simply put, i don't function in the morning without a bowl - I can't even really enjoy other breakfast food in the morning, as I'm just not happy without my bowl. Serve me eggs, pancakes, french toast, breakfast meats, etc and that's cool, but I'm still going to pour myself a bowl on the side. I'm also perfectly happy eating cereal for lunch or dinner too when other options lack.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Beef fat spread on bread, sprinkle of salt and a side of pickled gherkins.

All washed down with a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Joking aside like you OP I have a dish I used to make when I was broke that was just simple and delicious.

Spaghetti with butter & Club House parmesan and herb spices. That's it, simple as that.

I have to try KFC again. I had it 2 times and puked, once at 9 and the other at 17 years old. Third time's the charm right?

Chicago. No Howlin Rays, but I imagine something like that has to exist around here somewhere.
99% sure Chicago has Dave’s hot chicken. They have a couple in LA. Great place, you can get a solid hot chicken sandwich from there.

Budlong is supposed to be good, but I’ve never been. Was gonna check it out next time in Chicago

Dark Star

chicken fried steak with mash potatoes, gravy and fries ... mmmm country comfort food

in general, mcdonalds hits the spot. sometimes you just want a cheap double cheese burger.

i also really like pizza, even shitty dominos or pizza hut. likewise, KFC bucket of extra crispy drumsticks

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
I eat these all the time, not just when i need "comfort", so im not sure if they count.

Root beer floats
Nations Giant Hamburgers
Boba

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Here are a few I've gotten into since moving to Mexico. Bolis are better than the ones in the photo. Ours are made with natural ingredients and fruits. The other are chiles navideños. Very unique and is a comfort food during or past the Christmas season. The last is if I'm looking for something fast and sweet. Jamoncillo (this type is with pumpkin seed).

zupKOMh.jpg
yzJRNW6.jpg
R1mOUcT.jpg

ElRenoRaven

For me there were a lot. My mom could always cook even on a limited budget.

She made great home made chicken & dumplings. At the same time her home made vegtable soup was amazing. Her meatloaf was great too. I'd say those are my 3 top comfort foods. I'm grateful that I took the time before she passed to get her to help me actually come up with proper recipes for them because to this day when I'm having some rough times or are down in the dumps those 3 things I make. They just make me feel better and bring me a lot of comfort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom