• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your gaming New Year’s resolutions?

Leonidas

Beat at least 5 more games before my PS+ Premium sub expires in 10 days (I think I beat 25 PS+ Extra/Premium games in 2023)
Beat at least 50 PC games on PC + Steam Deck in a feeble attempt to reduce my backlog
Sell some old gaming junk I don't have any use for
Get a 240 Hz OLED

bender

What time is it?
Buy and play less games. I'm not necessarily talking about cutting down my hobby hours either. With our back-catalogues and amount of quality releases that are always right around the corner, we are spoiled for choice and I just want to spend far less time on games that aren't great or exceptional. I've finished and sunk so much time into lesser experiences because of a stupid urge to finish games or to get my money's worth.

Perrott

Gold Member
To finally start and finish Aconcagua, Planet Laika, Policenauts, Racing Lagoon and Mizzurna Falls on the Vita.

Also to buy a PlayStation VR in order to play DriveClub VR, which I bought nearly five years ago ahead of its delisting from the PS Store.

Last edited:

Deerock71

I would like to have the sticky-too-it-ive-ness to beat a beefy JRPG, and either Star Ocean Second Story R or Xenoblade Chronicles 3 look like the most likely candidates. Or Octopath Traveler II. Or ALL of them!

I’m planning to finish more games. I started New Year’s Day by (re)starting Tales of Arise, and I’ll see it through to the end before moving on.

Blindy

I have 2 shelfs of games

A) The ones I have yet to beat
B) The ones I have beaten

A is bigger than B so I really want to clear out some of that shelf. We're talking 50+ games give or take over there so while I won't clear it overnight(And of course new physical releases will add to the body count), I need to see some progress. Will be a huge letdown this year if that shelf builds up and I don't see more of B filled up.

This was my new year's resolution last year, and it was to play 1 VN a month. I did so good but tailed off around August. Only got like 7 or so done for last year. I want to try this again with 1 a month but they are pretty time demanding.

I reccomand

The House In Fata Morgana
Zero Escape Trilogy

Those two mentioned are my favorites

I played the Ghost Hunter games too which were just good

Blindy

I reccomand

The House In Fata Morgana
Zero Escape Trilogy

Those two mentioned are my favorites

I played the Ghost Hunter games too which were just good
I have House in Fata Morgana on my backlog! I played 999 last year for the 1st time and it blew me away. I like Uchikoshi's stuff with both the A.I. games so I know I will dig Virtue's Last Reward whenever I get a chance to play it.

Top Bottom