• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated games for the 2nd half of 2012?

236147_xbx_a.png
245385_xbx_a.png
242651_xbx_a.png
235497_xbx_a.png
245607_xbx_a.png
244533_xbx_a.png

244382_ps3_a.png

All of the above gonna be bought on 360 too (except ACIII on PS3 as that's where I've played all of the series to date).

Thinking about it, there really is no game this Christmas except ACIII - first or third-party - that doesn't appeal to me for PS3. Just 360. :/

Edit: I am out of my head, I forgot these. I'm a failure at life. :(

ZOE_360_HD_Collection-collage.jpg

Gonna triple dip this one (PS3, 360, Vita) just as I did with MGS. But more pumped for this than I was for the MGS pack. Words can not describe how excited I am for this (yes, I'm excited beyond words for a HD pack, what about it?)

FrankT

Borderlands 2
Halo 4
RE6
Dust

Easy on the wallet this year for sure. ACIII might pop in the mix but I doubt it. Loved II but skipped the last and do not feel too bad about it.

Edit: Forgot I was back in the master race, Torchlight II as well. Loved the first on XBLA.

Salacious Crumb

Arma 3
Dark Souls PC
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Dishonored
And maybe Hitman

This maybe the first year ever that I don't buy a single game for consoles.

FrankT

Arma 3
Dark Souls PC
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Dishonored
And maybe Hitman

This maybe the first year ever that I don't buy a single game for consoles.

Tempted to pick this up on the PC as well. Really one of my top 3 games this generation. Maybe even top. It really is superb.

branny

Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5, Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Golden, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Ragnarok Odyssey, DJMAX Technika Tune, Code of Princess, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Resident Evil 6.

Will probably look into getting some others like Dishonored, Sound Shapes, Retro City Rampage, and Hitman.

Most anticipated for 2013 is Revengeance.

MAtgS

Kingdom Hearts 3D
Paper Mario Sticker Star
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Resident Evil 6
WWE '13 (mostly in waiting to see what they screw up this time)
Epic Mickey 2 Power of Two
Epic Mickey Power of Illusion
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal

Hoping Halo 4 can resurrect the Halo franchise and the mystery after the rather lethargic sequels following the original classic.

That's the only game I plan to buy.

Marvel vs Capcom Origins
Jet Set Radio HD
Okami HD
Guilty Gear AC+ OE
Zone of the Enders HD
Amazing games I will surely buy on steam in the coming months
Skullgirls(PC version)
Dead or Alive 5

I am not really that excited for big retail anymore.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Dishonored
Jet Set Radio HD
Resident Evil 6
Torchlight 2

Will cop Persona 4 Arena and AmeriCreed 3 too, but not right away.

Man, I just suddenly realized there's almost nothing exciting coming for the rest of the year. I've been playing P4 Vita in Japanese a lot, so I'm super excited to see that in English. Nintendo has some good looking 3DS games on their way. Basically the only interesting thing left is the Wii U launch I guess, and that's not at all by virtue of launch titles.

Lets see

US
pokemon black white
paper mario
persona 4 golden
growlanser IV
class of heroes 2
last story
ragnarok oddessy
legisticia
mugen souls
ragnarok tactics

JP
bravely default
legend of heroes nayuta
god eater 2
dragon quest X
srw og 3
project x zone
devil summoner 3ds
rune factory IV
sol trigger
etrian IV

BadAss2961

The second half of this year is pretty barren for me. I guess I'm mildly interested in Darksiders II and PS All-Stars.
I'm getting the same vibe... I'm keeping an eye on PS All-Stars. RE6, Ass Creed 3, Hitman, and Darksiders 2 are games that i'll wait months for to get a good deal on.

Good thing there's a few top games I haven't played yet.

rapid32.5

FFX HD would be a dream scenario for me.
Halo 4 out of curiosity last hurray for 360
Hitman Absolution liked Bloodmoney.

I got tired of expecting it. I'll just buy it when it suddenly appears since I stopped paying attention.

For the past couple of weeks I have been checking the Twitter hoping for new information. With the Summer of Arcade about to start it probably won't be until the end of August, at the earliest.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Halo 4

really hope my friends switch over from Call of Duty to Halo this year... having real friends to play with will either make or break the game for me.

edit: this Dishonored game people keep mentioning looks Real Good! might have to play that later when i have time

Halo 4
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandara
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Borderlands 2
Assassin's Creed III
Xcom
Dishonored

1. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
2. The Witch and the Hundred Knights
3. Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta
4. Special Report Devision
5. Jet Set Radio HD
6. Sonic Adventure 2 HD
7. Sound Shapes
8. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
9. Retro City Rampage
10. Yakuza 5

VICI0US

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Code of Princess
Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward
Professer Layton and the Miracle Mask
Castlevania Mirror of Fate
Adventure Time 3DS
Darksiders II
NSMBu
ZombiU
Project P-100
Assassin's Creed III
Resident Evil 6 (if it doesn't take the series even further away from horror than 5 did)
Pikmin 3 (if it makes it in 2012)

Current gen consoles are pretty bleak at this point. Getting my gaming fix primarily through the 3DS and my backlog at the moment.

KevinCow

Banned
Darksiders 2
PS All-Stars
Assassin's Creed 3
Pikmin 3
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Maybe Dishonored

Probably only getting the first two, on account of they're already preordered and I am basically out of money. I guess I'll get the rest next year or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for the second half of 2012. From 2012 onward is where all my most wanted titles are.

1)
sleepingdogsroppp.jpg

Sleeping Dogs - What's not to love about a game that takes chase scene inspiration from Blade Runner? Nevermind the fact that this game looks to be combining some of my favorite aspects of some of my favorite games. For once, an open world game with an exciting locale that is barely explored. When some of the guys behind this worked on Bully, Red Faction 1 & 2, and Need for Speed Underground, it's hard not to get excited. It's a little bit Batman, a little bit San Andreas, a little bit Just Cause, and a little bit Punisher. They really don't make these kind of games before that try to be so ambitious.

2)
darksiders-2-wii-u-ha7sqhx.jpg

Darksiders 2 - Darksiders 2 is another game that is really 'going for it' in terms of ambition, and it upsets me that this and Sleeping Dogs are coming out on the same day. While I don't love the main character's design so far, the designs of the monsters and environments of Darksiders is what makes it so awesome. It's basically big budget He-Man. Forget everything you've been told about what Darksiders is or isn't, know that the original is just FUN. It is just a fun title to play. The second is taking that concept, enhancing it, and throwing a bucketload of new features for Death to play with. It's nice to see a game that looks incredibly unique amongst all the hyper realism and 'grim darkness' of most fantasy titles.

3)
epicmickey2zqsq.jpg

Disney's Epic Mickey 2 - Power of Illusion - This is one of those games that I still have trouble believing. This and Adventure Time's game have such perfect castings for the developer that it honestly doesn't seem real, but it is! I love Disney from the early days up til the 90s. I loved the old Mickey Mouse games, and it's clear that Dream Rift does too. I love Monster Tale and Henry Hatsworth. I love the concept of Mickey travelling to different worlds, and I love that they reference Suikoden. This game is basically everything I love about Kingdom Hearts but taking away all the unncessary original creations, and I love that.

Notable mentions: Pokemon White 2, Code of Princess, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Adventure Time, Playstation All Stars, and Mirror of Fate

Ryu ga Gotoku 5
2nd Super Robot Wars OG
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? Hybrid Pack
Eureka Seven AO Hybrid Pack
Persona 4 Arena
Assassin's Creed III
Resident Evil 6
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Top Bottom