• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your prized gaming possessions?

Exactly as the titles says. This could range from things you won, that were given to you, that you bought, special/collector's edition. Etc.

----------------------------

Now for my number one. I had found ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut at a GameStop a looong time ago, I think around the age of 16 (22 now), and I was like.. "Holy shit! I love this game! I have to get it."

So, I did. For a measly $7.. This is before I knew how much this game truly cost, and how rare the game was.

For the people that don't know: CFSC was a Blockbuster exclusive, and you were only able to rent it. Not only that but it was very limited in quantity.

15949702935_9eb1cf2a7e_b.jpg

The next one has to be.. My signed copy of UMvC3 for winning the tournament in the UMvC3 Vita Hill Fight Club that was being held in Austin, TX.

That day was glorious. I was using my team of Frank West, Ghost Rider, and Nemesis. Swear, the guy I went against was sooo damn salty. I forgot what team he had used.. But on the match that would make me win, he ended up choosing Phoenix.
Basically what ended up happening, I still had all my characters and I got him down to just Phoenix. I happened to land my super on her with Frank West, as this is going on meter is being built up. He had 4 bars, but guess what... She died, needing a pixel of super to turn into Dark Phoenix. I ended up winning that match.

I took my hand out, and said, "Good games, man." They didn't even look at me, or even shakes my hand. All he said was, "Yeah.." and just left.

My friends also overheard him talking shit about me, and saying how if we were at Arcade UFO, I would whoop his ass in Street fighter. And that if he had a fightstick he would destroy me.

I didn't know what to say, but just laughed at it. Haha.

- I also got two posters that were exclusive to the Vita Hill Fight Club. UMvC3 posters of art from Shinkiro/Kinu Nishimura. They were both on one side of a poster, but luckily I got two!

The next would be... My signed Sengoku Basara calendar! I won this off of Capcom-Unity when there was a contest for telling them who your most favorite character in franchise wise. I didn't expect to win, but I wanted to express my love for Oichi. And what do you know.. I was chosen!

Another would be.. My shirt from the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Tournament. It's too bad that it's an XL, all the M shirts were gone because I got there a little late.

I'm proud of it, because it was my first major tournament ever. Although I only signed up for SFxT (Which I regret, could of signed up for all the other games.) I had a lot of fun there.

I didn't get very far, because in my third match.. I got pit up against Justin Wong of all people. Lol. I'm happy to say that I landed a combo of mine with Kazuya/Heihachi on him. Other than that, he got two perfects on me. Haha.

- I also got a SF25TH phone charm.

Other notable mentions:

- My Jin Saotome figure by Kinu Nishimura, that was given to me by my Ex-Girlfriend. Jin is my most favorite character of all time.

- A Mario figure that I won for getting 2nd place for a Tatsunoko vs Capcom tournament.

- A Sonic figure I got for getting 2nd place in an Injustice tournament at an Anime Convention.

- Asura Bobble Budd that was exclusive at the Capcom store. One day, I randomly received mail, which I was excited for because I thought it was my signed UMvC3. Next thing you know... Boom! I have Asura's Wrath and the BB. Yet, I never ordered the game. Neither did it take out money from my card. It's still so mysterious.

Secretly a bragging thread

I created a stupid thing for Harmonix to give away to promote a game called Rockband Blitz, so I guess my Blitz Mittz and this letter!

BRz87.jpg

XgIBv.jpg

That's actually pretty awesome to have, especially when you have people who worked on the game to give you stuff personally.

My autographed Starcraft 2 CE, autographed Devil Summoner lithograph, Suikoden IV wallscroll... those are probably the most exclusive things that couldn't be bought.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
ft0EGGr.jpg

Bad picture and it's not quite rare, but goddamn is it a pain in the ass to buy these days for a fair price.

Yoji Shinkawa <3

Krejlooc

Banned
UauCq8J.jpg

rvkQmgX.jpg

The bottom is SegaSonic Arcade. I have golden axe the revenge of death adder as well in my system32 collection.

Celestia

A friend carved a Plasma Sword out of wood in his high school workshop class and gave it to me. I still have it up in my closet.

linkboy

My copy of suikoden 2.

Been wanting a copy for years and one in mint condition got traded in at my local play ñ trade a few years ago.

Paid $80 for it.

bobawesome

My physical limited edition copy of Steins;Gate for the PC, published by JastUSA. It may not be worth a lot but I'm extremely pleased to own it.

I...tend to sell a lot of my games as the years pass so this is the best answer I have.

GKFinns

UDakJ5j.jpg

I actually won a copy of that horrifically limited edition Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition. I own a lot of cool gaming stuff because I am a giant gaming addict and an even bigger consumer whore, but this is my favorite thing I own. Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever.

eggwolio

I have a Mario Kart Wii pit crew jumpsuit from the promotional tour of the game. It doesn't fit me but I love it.

flohen95

From all the stuff I have, what I value the most is probably my Fire Emblem Thracia 776 Deluxe Box. Thracia being a game that was originally only released through Nintendo Power and this Deluxe Box in 1999 in Japan, even just the SF Memory Cassette with the game downloaded onto it is rather expensive. The game later got a regular release, but that was not until 2000, which is extremely late for a Super Famicom game, making the game pretty rare overall.

As far as I'm aware, the Thracia 776 Deluxe Box is the only Fire Emblem Deluxe Edition ever released, and thus the centerpiece of my Fire Emblem collection. I don't know what the going price for it is nowadays, but it doesn't even matter - it's just so nice to look at and I'd never sell it anyway.

And since I don't have a decent picture of the box on its own, here's a picture of my whole Fire Emblem collection (which also happens to serve as my avatar), which I hold very dear to me in general (even though many of the things on the picture aren't particularly rare or expensive to my knowledge):

-Donkey 64 Nintendo 64 Bundle
-Fallout 3 Collectors Edition
-Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition
-SEGA Dreamcast with a respectable library of games

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Either my Hyrule Warriors LE with only 350-500 made (eBay'd) or my Neptunia Re;Birth LE with only 1000 made that I got off Amazon that sold out in less than a minute.

I heart my LEs, but these take top spot.

OmegaDL50

An absolute near mint condition PSX copy of Valkyrie Profile

mkiN2Ip.jpg

QlJz1A9.jpg

yPWRNRV.jpg

34VRdYz.jpg

Most of the time I keep the game wrapped up in it's bubble package, I wouldn't dare put the game inside my PS3 to play it in fear of wearing out the discs.

In fact, I don't even play the game with the discs anymore, instead I rely on a backed up copy and play it via a PSX emulator.

jackal27

Banned
An absolute near mint condition PSX copy of Valkyrie Profile

mkiN2Ip.jpg

QlJz1A9.jpg

yPWRNRV.jpg

34VRdYz.jpg

Most of the time I keep the game wrapped up in it's bubble package, I wouldn't dare put the game inside my PS3 to play it in fear of wearing out the discs.

In fact, I don't even play the game with the discs anymore, instead I rely on a backed up copy and play it via a PSX emulator.

*drool*

Was this your personal copy or did you get it from someone else? Are most of your games in this condition?

Cody_D165

Banned
In terms of rarity/value, this:
(yes I removed the sticker)

But in terms of personal attachment, I absolutely could not ever get rid of my complete copies of Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario. Two of my favorite video games ever made.

Also, my entire Genesis collection which consists almost entirely of games I had during childhood or purchased from the video game rental store I used to visit all the time when they went out of business.

DJIzana

My swag from TGS 2010 including the Mon Hun bag and Capcom Construction Worker Bandana (still sealed, from Mega Man Universe). Can't believe I'm one of the lucky few who got to play that game before it got canned!

ONg86H5.jpg

Breakage

Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga (Dreamcast version) both sealed.
I'm not a big collector of video games, but I'm happy I own both.

SoulUnison

Banned
I have a Sega CDX.
I don't think those were *too* common.

That's probably my most valuable gaming "thing", though.

Cynn

I have extensive (and expensive) Neo Geo, Dreamcast and Saturn collections. I also have two American and one Neo Candy 29 arcade cabinets I love.

Crayolan

I own one of these:
Pika_Gameboy.jpg

Not sure how rare this is or how limited it was at the time of release, but I'm glad to still have it in working condition.

image.jpg

Found for $5 at a local flea market.

WTF?! I have that game and didn't know it was worth anything. I paid like $8 for it. lol thanks for the heads up.

I guess mine would be Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (With manual).

Woah and I have MUSHA for genesis sitting here too and didn't know it was worth anything either.

OmegaDL50

*drool*

Was this your personal copy or did you get it from someone else? Are most of your games in this condition?

This is my personal copy I bought back in late 2001 early 2002.

I only have a few games in my collection like this.

Although my entire PS3 library is treated with the same care.

I do have some spare PSX games I purchased many years ago without manuals, and some without cases. I do try to find replacements though if I can.

My notable collection is a near complete NTSC-U library of every US released PSX console game that tri-Ace developed. The only game I'm missing in my collection is a complete copy of Star Ocean: 2nd Story, which I haven't managed to track down yet.

Let me put a quick picture of my tri-Ace collection real quick.

QwoeaVA.jpg

Yes, if you haven't noticed, I'm a huge tri-Ace fan.

I need to find decent condition copy of Star Ocean 2.

EDIT: Ugh! sorry for the bad camera reflection in the pic above. If you haven't realized, the game case that has the poor lighting is Star Ocean 3.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
A few things.

- Panzer Dragoon Saga & Radiant Silvergun for Saturn
- Magical Pop'n & Majyuuou for Super Famicom
- EVO for SNES
- Complete copy of Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti for Famicom (unused stickers and everything)
- Sealed copy of Otocky for Famicom Disk System
- All IIDX releases for the PS2 + Konami Arcade Style Controller

And my entire Dreamcast collection.

Some day I'll buy Gimmick! and that will be the crown jewel.

Quite the peculiar selection of MSX games you got there. :)

Gradius 1 - 3, Parodius, Salamander, Space Manbow, Aleste, R-Type are all shooters. I guess that makes sense.
But the rest: Penguin Adventure and Metal Gear 2, then also Vampire Killer and Contra (and Game Master 2). Seems a bit of a random pick other than that they are all great games.

I can recommend, as far as shooters go: Hi no Tori Hououhen, Knightmare, the Laydock games, Pippols, Zanac Ex and Gall Force: Defence of Chaos.
Also get the first Metal Gear, Knightmare 2: The Maze of Galious and the way too often overlooked Treasure of U&#351;as.

CrovaxPSO

Nothing that's really super rare or worth a ton, but these are a few things that I really like.

Collector's edition for the first Mass Effect, my favorite game.

Phantasy Star Online is probably my second favorite game, and for a long time I always wanted the Network Trial disc but never could find one for sale. One finally popped up on eBay earlier this year.

The Final Fantasy XI PS2 HDD set.

Lunar and Lunar 2 Complete, not in the best shape but I've had them for a long time and think they're pretty cool sets.

New LovePlus Nene Artbook Set, Nene <3

NFreak

I know it's not really rare but my complete copy of Earthbound is my most prized possession.

Also considering how much I bought it for Shining Force CD complete. 50 fucking cents at a garage sale.

Komo

Banned
Nothing too crazy.

Everything here's sealed but the 'Demo 1' ... Which when I received, I unsealed immediately and ripped the .bin, because I couldn't find one online. I regret nothing, though. I don't have two copies of SA2, I just wanted to take copy inside out of the box to show that it was sealed, hah. I'm a sucker for sealed games. It cost me quite a bit.

I have a few more sealed games, but they're not really as 'valuable' to me, as these ones shown are.

UDakJ5j.jpg

I actually won a copy of that horrifically limited edition Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition. I own a lot of cool gaming stuff because I am a giant gaming addict and an even bigger consumer whore, but this is my favorite thing I own. Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever.

I want this.

I don't think I have anything particularly prized.

I guess I do have a sealed PC Disc edition of San Andreas with Hot Coffee. Don't know if that is worth anything.

Jomjom

Banned
At the moment probably this because I just love FFXIV. Also getting to meet and talk briefly with YoshiP, Soken, and Michael-Christopher Koji Fox, among other members of the team that made my favorite MMO of all time was awesome.

I even got to meet the woman who designed the plaque thing and fought to give us American Square Enix Members the prize because S-E Japan was very against it.

jbegwFSkKDNztk_e.jpg

No idea why the picture is sideways...

Top Bottom