• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What dead game do you wish you could play again?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I wish Battleborn was still able to be played, I really liked it and thought it was better than Overwatch gameplay wise.
The PvP was a masterclass in unbalanced hogwash. The PvE was pretty fun with friends though. I wouldn’t mind a second one with better balance, but I personally think the original is too not good enough, if that makes sense lol. I actually really enjoyed the PvP in the beta, but feel like they screwed everything up with launch.

MiguelItUp

Alien Vs Predator 2 multiplayer, Gloom (the Q2 mod), Jailbreak Q2, Natural Selection 1/2.

I wish there were modern versions of the above that exist and have a lot of traffic.

There's so many MMOs I could list here, but I'll just name one...

Now that SMT/Persona is a huge property, I would want Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine(The MMO) to be remade completely into a Persona-branded MMO.

There was potential gold there, but the SMT fanbase wasn't as big as it is today.

Also, keep(or remake) some of the old music:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Other thing that popped into mind was action quake 2. It was the bomb in my youth.
Came to say this, surprised to see it mentioned by other people. I used to play the shit out of this game, still think the bandaging mechanic and the location based injuries is the best way to tackle health in shooters and its a shame it didn't catch on.

Robochobo

qmTILbL.jpeg

Sad Tobey Maguire GIF

Pelao

I miss Lost Planet 2 with a healthy player base. I finished that game with randos so many times I lost count.

Weird, I came here to post Enemy Territory and saw this posted a second earlier. I'm sure it's still online with some custom servers or whatever, but a proper remaster and resurgence would be amazing. No servers with 500 mods installed full of players who've played non-stop for 20 years.

THIS. Enemy Territory was all consuming, when I played it like 20+ years ago.

Damn, nostalgia trip just thinking about it.

First real FPS clan I really cared about and got kicked out of.

Good times.

Last edited:
The PvP was a masterclass in unbalanced hogwash. The PvE was pretty fun with friends though. I wouldn’t mind a second one with better balance, but I personally think the original is too not good enough, if that makes sense lol. I actually really enjoyed the PvP in the beta, but feel like they screwed everything up with launch.

Nah. I was in Battleborn leagues and played the game religiously, it was very balanced. The only thing that was somewhat broken were some of the legendary gear items. But none of the characters were OP, they all had strengths and weaknesses.

Actually I think the most glaring broken thing was a map where a sniper could whittle down the objective from long range if no one pushed him away.

Very balanced and fun game.

There's so many MMOs I could list here, but I'll just name one...

Now that SMT/Persona is a huge property, I would want Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine(The MMO) to be remade completely into a Persona-branded MMO.

There was potential gold there, but the SMT fanbase wasn't as big as it is today.

Also, keep(or remake) some of the old music:

Holy shit, SMT Imagine. I played this for a few months and it actually really captured that SMT atmosphere. It was a strange mmo though, very niche, not much content. But yeah this was really cool.

Pejo

Mcc6YpR.jpeg

People tried to tell me that Starhawk was better but I completely disagree. I'm not a competitive shooter player and this is one of the few PVP games I ever had a lot of fun in.

Also, prime Final Fantasy XI if I had the free time and patience I used to have. Really I wish I could just go back in time and play it hardcore again for a few weeks when it was at its peak before all the QoL improvements and nerfing. Never had another gaming experience like it and likely never will. At least I'm glad I got to experience it.

Solidus_T

Metal Gear Online 2 and Lost Planet Extreme Condition immediately come to mind. Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection with rollback netcode would be amazing.

Dazraell

The original Black & White with Creature Isle expansion. It's technically available on abandonware sites, but it's legal situation is murky as hell

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Shut down last years, it was a much better game than the Gundam equivalent, battle operations.

SEGA made a mistake it never trying to get it outside of JP, although you just needed a JP account to download and play on PSN.

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

Battlefield 1943.
Most fun I have ever had in a MP game.
Once you get good with the airplane and start destroying tanks like it's nothing is pure magic.

Top Bottom