• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

It's said that we all learn something new everyday, so, what did you recently add to your knowledge resevoir?

Personally, I learned that drinking an entire jug of Juicy Juice, in one sitting, pisses off my stomach. A lot.

I learned that the girl I like has never had a boyfriend before (shes 19) and will require a large amount of effort if there's even a chance of something happening.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
What did I learn today?

Samurai Warriors rocks!

What nightclub I am going to tonight, and which mates house we are having drinks before at.

What I am doing news years.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I learned that the BK Angus burger is actually decent without the sauce(although I didn't know that'd leave it with no condiments whatsoever), and the fujifilm dvd media on sale at the local best buy is not the same as what was posted earlier as being on sale through their website.

Shazapp

I learned that I must practice playing Madden 2005 a lot before even thinking of playing online.

I learned that no matter how many times I see death or dying in movies, I still feel horrified when I see things like the Tsunami footage on TV.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
If you want to punish a ferret humanely for biting you or something, the thing to do is to take it by the scruff of its neck and drag it along the floor on its back for a few seconds.

You could also try picking it up and shaking it, forcibly but not violently, while saying "No!" or some other emphatic interjection.

Nose flicking is right out.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I learned that I failed my first partial math exam....which means ---> big one on 1st June
arghhh...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hitokage said:
I learned that the BK Angus burger is actually decent without the sauce(although I didn't know that'd leave it with no condiments whatsoever).

Have them add barbecue sauce. Minus the shitty sauce, plus BBQ, and it's pretty damn good.

I learned that I'm the worst procrastinator ever, and I have to fit 3 weeks of cleaning into tomorrow night, ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

etiolate

Banned
that every country romanticizes their history

and

peeling bumper stickers off a car with your fingernails fucking hurts.

Iceman

I learned quite a bit about living (and dying) with cystic fibrosis.

double lung transplants extend the lives of 75% of the patients, a multiple organ transplants are not unheard of. 50% of CF patients are now expected to live over the age or 28 but because of the 100s of possible mutations to the CFTR (cystic fibrosis transmembrane receptor - discovered by my physiology professor at Berkeley, btw) the severity of the disease still varies greatly with the patient. Some may skew to pancreatic problems or intestinal problems or even heart ailments. Etc, etc. But despite all that patients can still work and/or attend school within days of their death.

(i'm writing about it right now)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I learned that I shouldn't try to eat a whole pizza.

Iceman

Oh, this is supposed to be a joke thread right?

I learned that the first name of my friend Max, isn't Max at all!!! It's Jeff. Woah.

Oh and that Betta's don't like Betta food. But they sure do like ignoring me. It may be my friend's fish but I'm thinking sushi tonight.

I've learned that women have a funny way of blaming you for things you didn't really do because of what they *think* you might do, not necessarily because you would actually do it.

Well, I didn't really learn that today. I've just come to accept that there's no escaping it. Just apologize and move on. :(

Drexon

Banned
I've learned that watercooling can destroy your computer, but if it's not your fault you get a new computer. :)

fobtastic

I learned that if my cell phone is in locked mode, and I press 0, 8, and then Send, it will call the cops. I need a flip phone.

Socreges

Banned
I learned that my cat's food dish was empty, and had been for a very long time. I also learned that when my cat meows continually for an extended period of time, that means he is hungry.

J2 Cool

That I'm developing a horrible habit during winter break. Going to bed at 5:38 am, 2 days in a row exactly the same time. If I wake up at 4:07 pm tomorrow I'm gonna be pissed. Also, I'm damn lazy. I've planned to read this same book tomorrow for the last week, planned to call up a good friend of mine for the past week, planned to get my haircut, get a few new threads, pay off my final video fees before i never have to again, get a hold of this girl, seriously get back into my drawing.... And I can't seem to start a damn thing. It's all been on the plate for the entire week and I just can't seem to get myself to do anything.

Ah well, as Lennon said "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" and I'm not even sure who fed me that quote :-/

Socreges

Banned
J2 Cool said:
That I'm developing a horrible habit during winter break. Going to bed at 5:38 am, 2 days in a row exactly the same time. If I wake up at 4:07 pm tomorrow I'm gonna be pissed. Also, I'm damn lazy
I learned that very same thing.

If I don't have any responsibilities, I never get to bed. Even if I'm tired, I stay up. I get home from friends' or a club or whatever at reasonable times, too, but then I just watch TV, play videogames, or browse GAF for a while. No one's even around tomorrow (well, today), so I can sleep in till 4 in the afternoon without anyone knowing. That's dangerous.

pixelated

Learned about the popcorn mode on my microwave. Well I knew it was there, just never used it and was unsure how much time was allocated to that mode. It made some tasty popcorn though and will be used in the future.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I learned that Jesus Christ had a wife named Mary Magdalene, as seen on the Jesus' left in Da Vinci's last supper painting...

vinci18.jpg

Also notice what is apparently John the Baptists hand near her throat which apparently was da vincis sneaky way of depicting the jealousy John felt because Jesus loved her more than the others. This is all in the many...many gospels that didnt make it into the final cut of the bible when Constantine put it together in 300 odd AD.

I also learned that the Pentacle...

pentacle.gif

and the pitchfork..

pitchfork_-_pointing_to_the_right.gif

Were not demonic symbols until the 1800's when the Catholic church launched a propaganda campaign against paganism.

I ALSO learned that friday the 13th is said to be unlucky because that was the day the catholic church launched a co-ordinated supprise attack on the Knights Templar across europe killing thousands and tourturing the rest to death because apparently they were gay (so the church said).

Yeah i had an anti-catholic day.

cubanb

Banned
I learned that id be fucked if I tsunami happened on the west coast of the usa... considering I live one street away from the pacific..... at least I live on the 3rd floor :D

I learned about the Bible code which apparently is some code derived from the Torah which supposedly includes entries and sometimes even very descriptive sentences of events in history and our future. I learned of it after seeing one of those many prophecy documentaries that they show every New Years. Freaked me out a bit, but as always, you get over it.

BojTrek

Banned
I learned that Karen Dreams looks like my buddies wife... and I also learned that I will be visiting whatever website Karen Dreams is on... once the wife and baby go to bed!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Ghost said:
I learned that Jesus Christ had a wife named Mary Magdalene, as seen on the Jesus' left in Da Vinci's last supper painting...

vinci18.jpg

Also notice what is apparently John the Baptists hand near her throat which apparently was da vincis sneaky way of depicting the jealousy John felt because Jesus loved her more than the others. This is all in the many...many gospels that didnt make it into the final cut of the bible when Constantine put it together in 300 odd AD.

I also learned that the Pentacle...

pentacle.gif

and the pitchfork..

pitchfork_-_pointing_to_the_right.gif

Were not demonic symbols until the 1800's when the Catholic church launched a propaganda campaign against paganism.

I ALSO learned that friday the 13th is said to be unlucky because that was the day the catholic church launched a co-ordinated supprise attack on the Knights Templar across europe killing thousands and tourturing the rest to death because apparently they were gay (so the church said).

Yeah i had an anti-catholic day.

Been reading the Da Vinci Code have we?

Teflar

I learned we're closing early today and not open tomorrow :D

I learned that I need to practice my dart game in time for New years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom