• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you guys use as an alternative to Nesquik (for cold chocolate milk)?

Aggie CMD

I love Cola Cao SOOOO much. I'm a hybrid American/Spaniard and use to spend the entire summer in Spain at my grandparents and would drink two glasses of Cola Cao every day. So I thought...I'm gonna pack my suitcase full of Cola Cao and bring it back to the States.

You know what? It tasted so nasty with American (is that a thing?) milk. I think you need to use it with the boxed milk which is harder to find.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I like chocolate & strawberry Carnation instant breakfast, they are more than just chocolate milk though.
Y2WFY7I.png

You might already know this, OP, but it's incredibly hard to avoid all Nestle products (heck, a good amount of the products listed, like that Carnation Instant Breakfast, are Nestle).

Oh, and since people are asking why should you want to boycott Nestle, the reason is because they are one of the most vile and evil companies in the world. Most recently, the Nestle Waters CEO went on record to say that access to clean water is not a human right. But it's not all talk with them; they go ahead and go to impoverished countries, buy/steal the local water supply, and sell the water back for dollars on the penny. If the locals can't afford it? Tough shit. And during the massive drought in California, they went ahead and did the same thing there, using legal loopholes to literally pay a few hundred dollars for billions of gallons of water. The ridiculous plot of Quantum of Solace, where the bad guy is doing that? It's based off of what Nestle continues to do today.

But there was also that poster who said they killed African babies. They sure did! When they invented infant formula (which, of course, was actually a good thing and helped many people), they figured out that the best way to increase their profits was to market and sell it in poor African countries. The problem with this was twofold: 1) the people there couldn't really afford to buy enough formula, so they had to dilute their mix too much and feed their babies basically water, and 2) they also didn't have access to clean water, so they had to use dirty water, which babies' immune systems couldn't handle. So they were literally poisoning malnourished babies.

When Nestle found out about that, they went ahead and doubled-down, dressing up their salespeople as doctors and nurses to extol the virtues of formula convince mothers to not breastfeed.

So yeah, they are best avoided, if you can do it.

But, as I said, it's insanely hard. I try to, but I think most of the time, I have to settle for just avoiding Nestle-branded products and other things that I know are theirs. I probably still unknowingly buy tons of their shit.

I use Hershey's Dark Cocoa powder and a scoop of protein powder in a shaker, add sugar to taste. It's like a thicc milkshake, I love it.

RowdyReverb

81QrcWZT%2BcL._SL1500_.jpg

This in your milk and then in the microwave will change your life.
You will never ever drink another chocolate milk again.
I promise.

Nutella is love, Nutella is life.
How long do you have to microwave it though? Cause that shit does NOT dissolve in cold milk at all

SpecX

It died when the '90s came around.
Darn Millennials, killing everything.

I remember having this tin can around in the mid 90's, at least till I started middle school. As a Millennial I refuse to take the blame for this loss, if anything we will bring it back! :)

MutFox

Banned
So funny, i did the same nestle boycott.
Also had the exact issue with chocolate milk mix.
I haven't had chocolate milk in a while.
(I'm a fan of the powder not the syrup.)

Not gonna support that evil company in anyway I can.

Top Bottom