• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What ever happened to the December 2 Nintendo keynote in Kyoto?

koam

There is interesting chatter consuming our friends in Japan this morning, with talk of an early and somewhat low-key showing of the Mario game currently underway for the Nintendo Revolution.

A Nintendo-focused set of keynote addresses has been organised for December 2 in Kyoto at Ritsumeikan University. Part of the Digital Interactive Entertainment Conference 2005, the National Symposium about videogames will see a 30 minute address from Shigeru Miyamoto.
and their update

UPDATE: We managed to get hold of Nintendo who said it’s more than unlikely current gossip in Japan is legitimate. According to NCL, Miyamoto will be talking about ‘game design and technology now and in the future’ though most of his talk will be outlining Nintendo hardware innovation relating to games from the company’s rich history.
This was the rumor that SP*NG had on their site back in October where they said Miyamoto would unveil Mario 128. Now, of course, this is coming from sp*ng so they won't be showing anything but what about the keynote? Was there any truth to a keynote happening?

This was the rumor that SP*NG had on their site back in October where they said Miyamoto would unveil Mario 128. Now, of course, this is coming from sp*ng so they won't be showing anything but what about the keynote? Was there any truth to a keynote happening?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So what happened with this? Isn't it already tomorrow in Japanland?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
AniHawk said:
Yes it's happening. The speech I mean, not Mario 128 so much.
The speech isn't about Nintendo though, it's just by Miyamoto.

ziran

kotaku is covering the event, nothing much in the first report:
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/diec-2...ve-entertainment-conference-begins-140594.php
I get out my notebook and put it on the foldout desk connected to my seat. It’s a couple minutes before half past ten. Ritsumeikan Unversity students, fan boys and otaku trickle on. On the stage, a perky college student fiddles with a DS. She was the one that greeted me at the door. “Kotaku, right?” Right. She puts the DS on the podium.

littlewig

Banned
Besides Miyamoto, who else will be at the conference?

DS demonstrations of new games maybe? Why else bring the thing to the podium, not to show off Nintendogs again, I hope...

Xrenity

Newsflash! From 4CR, they received an SMS
hi, mailing from cell phone!

mmoto revealed that there is an extra feature in the rev that is still secret.

also, valve r v excited about rev, and love nintendo

jools

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
direct force feedback in controller

wireless DS connectivity

built in DS wireless dongle for wi fi

buy 2 get a free Peach blow up doll

It was quite dull, nothing new came from here. Each speaker was just talking about the history of their company, a bit of trivia and what might happen in 10 years time.

I was chatting on Pictochat for most of the conference.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
marvelharvey said:
It was quite dull, nothing new came from here. Each speaker was just talking about the history of their company, a bit of trivia and what might happen in 10 years time.

I was chatting on Pictochat for most of the conference.

You don't work for your development company anymore after you moved, right?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's NOT about Nintendo. What part do you people not understand?

It's just a bunch of developers talking about their experience to students.

ziran

littlewig said:
Besides Miyamoto, who else will be at the conference?

DS demonstrations of new games maybe? Why else bring the thing to the podium, not to show off Nintendogs again, I hope...
http://www.arc.ritsumei.ac.jp/DIEC2005/index-e.html
Session1
Nolan BUSHNELL (Inventor of Pong and Founder of Atari, USA)
Toru IWATANI (Conductor of Incubation Center, Namco Limited, JAPAN)
Atsushi OGAKI (Chief Producer of BS-TV, NHK, JAPAN)
Masayuki UEMURA (Professor, Ritsumeikan University and Advisor,
Nintendo, JAPAN )

Session2
Hideo KOJIMA(Executive Director, Konami and President, Kojima Production, JAPAN)
Robin WALKER(Valve Corporation, Design Lead, USA) 
Shigeru MIYAMOTO(Senior Managing Director and General Manager of Entertainment Analysis & Development Division, Nintendo, JAPAN )
Hirokazu HAMAMURA(President, Enterbrain INC., JAPAN)
it's an interesting line-up and people are looking forward to what miyamoto and kojima have to say, even if they don't show anything new.

Miyamoto confirmed that there is another secret about the Rev controller:

“There’s another secret, but I’m not going to go into that here. That’ll be for a later date.”

monkeyrun

Gaia Theory said:

“There’s another secret, but I’m not going to go into that here. That’ll be for a later date.”
HOLOGRAMS !!!

PhoenixDark said:
Did Valve actually say they were interested in the Revolution?

Robin Walker said that Valve were interested in it, but I think along the lines of `they can`t wait to play it` more than `they can`t wait to develop for it`.

Also, Walker mentioned that the game currently being played by most of the Valve guys is Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright). Much to the delight of the people around me. I was expecting them to all be playing a FPS or something gritty. I guess that isn`t really news, but I found it interesting ;)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Gaia Theory said:

The button will have a secret click.

Top Bottom