• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game has had the biggest GAF bubble bias against it...horizon, splatoon, or days gone?

Which one?

• Total voters

MrS

Banned
All three had people basically doubting from the start...for some similar and different reasons. Won't stand out in its genre, people not talking or caring about it even though that's in a bubble, calling them one and done flops, etc. It seems like people will always forget the last one and move on to the next one that will be a "flop".

I don’t think Days Gone is fair to put on the list. Another Zombie game (I am hyped for btw) deserves an eye roll considering how tired it all is for many.

Horizon deserved it as well considering how GG underperformed with many of its games.

And a Ubisoft Co-Op game... they had their problems at the time. It is known

Can't speak for other games but I really liked Horizon and Aloy as a character. Melee combat could use some work in sequel but that's about it IMO.
Oddly enough, I think God of War had the most negative bias before launch.

These boards prior to that E3 reveal especially was filled with how dumb Sony was for continuing Kratos Story. How they should just let the IP die.

brap

Banned
I don't feel like any games on GAF have undue fanboyism or undue hatred toward it. Maybe I'm not reading the right threads.

The "biggest GAF bubble bias" is against Steam, and I saw that as a console gamer who abandoned PC gaming years ago.
Go to any thread for exclusives and the moment somebody criticizes the game it's all 'w-why is gaf so biased against soyny??? why does gaf hate microsoft???'. It's so pathetic. Fucking little cheerleader fanboy crybabies.

Too Human and The Order: 1886.

The hate for those games on here was un-fucking-believable.

Too Human had its flaws, sure, but overall it was a fantastic setting, idea and it had a chance to revitalise a much needed and much ignored genre in the console space, especially during the time it released. But nahh, Some fat nerd said nasty things about GAF so boycotting his game became cool. That also cost us the chance of a legacy of Kain reboot.

The order is still the best looking console game I have played (admittedly I haven't played GoW on a pro). I hate black bars in films and I am a zoom wanker. I let that game slide on the black bars all because of the final shot of the game where you have a shotgun to a werewolf's head.

Sorry to rant but Gaf (and the internet at large) slipped up on both counts.

Go to any thread for exclusives and the moment somebody criticizes the game it's all 'w-why is gaf so biased against soyny??? why does gaf hate microsoft???'. It's so pathetic. Fucking little cheerleader fanboy crybabies.
Yeah that happens, but those stick out like a sore thumb because on the whole I don't feel like GAF has any overt biases for/against any games.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I don’t think Days Gone is fair to put on the list. Another Zombie game (I am hyped for btw) deserves an eye roll considering how tired it all is for many.

The problem with that argument is that there hasn’t been many zombie games this gen. And why is that singled out when multiplayer shooting games keep getting a pass. Oh look Apex yet another in the tired pew pew genre or people excited for a third Titanfall or the division or fortnite.

The list goes on and on.

Last edited:
The problem with that argument is that there hasn’t been many zombie games this gen. And why is that singled out when multiplayer shooting games keep getting a pass. Oh look Apex yet another in the tired pew pew genre or people excited for a third Titanfall or the division or fortnite.

The list goes on and on.
Well it’s 2 genres that (according to some) are tired.

Idk. Perhaps it’s that so many Zombie games were lackluster for people.

For me personally, I love them. Can’t get enough lol.

thelastword

Banned
Anything Sony tbh, even if it has a 90+ rating and is universally liked........Yet games which scored lower is an easy target for the pitchfork crowd....So I'll go with...

The Order 1886: +(Graphical tour-de-force, awesome controls weapons and setting) -(Stealth sections need to improve, they can surely expand on the gameplay a bit more, give a bit more freedom and this game will easily score a 90)

Driveclub: +(Graphical tour de force, benchmark for racing visuals, unflinching framerate, best sense of speed) -(None)

Days Gone: +(Grapical Gem, great setting, deep gameplay mechanics) -(Its a Sony game, so it's bland, , Lou-lite, cookie cutter, same formula :messenger_smirking:, truth is, it's not even out yet, so that says it all).

zenspider

Splatoon? I joined GAF because of the amazing OT and Community thread, and hear it get it's due propers all the time.

Maybe there was some naysaying at launch, but time told them wrong. Back then it was framed as "on-disc DLC shame shame shame", "waggle", etc., but wasn't a few months before it's the proto-GaaS model, and the gold standard of gyro control.

Last edited:
Imagine if someone became cross-forum legendary for intentionally shitting up discussion surrounding all existing platforms besides their own clear favorite
only to then, years later, make the claim that it was THEIR favorite platform that was most unfairly treated, all along!
This thread already delivers lmao

Last edited:
The real answer to this thread is PC gaming, always has been. Less so now than ever, since there are fewer people here than back in the day, so GAF's most ignorant shitheads can't use human wave tactics to drown out sensible rebuttals from the people who actually know what they're talking about regarding PC gaming, anymore.

Still very much the case, though. Some of this forum's most vocal users won't take Ray Tracing seriously until the day it's in an Uncharted game.

Last edited:

Calibos

All three had people basically doubting from the start...for some similar and different reasons. Won't stand out in its genre, people not talking or caring about it even though that's in a bubble, calling them one and done flops, etc. It seems like people will always forget the last one and move on to the next one that will be a "flop".

This sounds like every Xbox release ever on here lately. Gaf is Sony Strong, but I would say Days Gone has been the worse in my eyes. Every thread up until recently has had large negative sentiment towards it.

Top Bottom