• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games are you expecting the most for 2020?

KàIRóS

I think at this point of the year we already have a good idea of the big games coming in 2020, so what would you say are your most expected games for 2020?

Mine are:

1. Tales of Arise ________________________________________________________________________________________ 2. Final Fantasy VII Remake _______________________________________ 3. Cyberpunk 2077

xpAhO5x.jpg
Cr7drt3.jpg
AFQnbc9.jpg

4. Elden Ring _______________________________________________________________________________ 5. Rune Factory 5 ___________________________________________________________________________ 6. The Last of Us 2

g650pBL.jpg
7Zol0Qn.jpg
u7sDfU0.jpg

7. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot __________________________________________________ 8. Phantasy Star Online 2 ___________________________________________________ 9. Ghost of Tsushima ____________________________ 10. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitve Edition

LAAlafh.jpg
BxDGx5U.jpg
jym02TA.jpg
T4YoFF2.jpg

Last edited:

rubhen925

Cyberpunk 2077
Last of us 2
Nioh 2
Ghost of tsushima
Tales of arise
Darksiders genesis.
Watch dogs Legion
Elden ring (I doubt this releases in 2020)

There's more but I'm spacing out lol

Last edited:

Shagger

Banned
TLOU Part 2, Tales of Arise and Cyberpunk 2077, but hoping to find game to kick start a love of multiplayer again, but I'm pessimistic.

Nioh 2 and Cyberpunk for now. I loved what I saw from FF VII remake but three-part, 180$ concept is very interesting to say the least.

PS5 is coming out next year so yeah, that’s gonna be fun also.

NahaNago

I'm trying to do my best to lower my hype and expectations for next year. Lots of games I really want to play but at the same time I don't want to hype up the games to unrealistic levels. Final Fantasy 7 is a must play for next year. I'd have to do research to see what games come out next year but half of the games posted in OP so for now

• FF7
  • Tales of arise
  • ghost of tsushima
  • xenoblades
  • kakarot
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Mega man legends remake
  • New Onimusha

Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 and System Shock are my most anticipated. I have an affinity for first-person RPGs almost irrelevant of their setting (sci-fi, fantasy, horror).

Others that haven't been mentioned yet:

- Dying Light 2
- Subnautica: Below Zero 1.0
- Chernobylite 1.0

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Bayonetta 3
Grandblue Fantasy Relink (hopefully 2020)
Shin Megami Tensei V (same as above)
Tales of Arise
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Tokyo Mirage Session#FE Encore
Persona 5 Royal
New game from Yoko Taro
Last of Us Part 2
Ghost of Tsushima

T-Cake

When's Horizon Zero Dawn 2 due? Is that going to 2021/2?

Otherwise, next year definitely Cyberpunk 2077.

P5R i the biggest one that comes to mind immediately. Tales of Arise looks great too, and I've got a PS4 now, so. . .but who knows if I have time lol.

Sakura wars 6 and maybe Ys 9
Also the 2 corpse party pc ports by xseed.

I knew SMT5 was not coming out next year, but seeing Ys 9 got my hopes up that I missed the anouncement of the western release date. But no, still nada.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
P5R i the biggest one that comes to mind immediately. Tales of Arise looks great too, and I've got a PS4 now, so. . .but who knows if I have time lol.

I knew SMT5 was not coming out next year, but seeing Ys 9 got my hopes up that I missed the anouncement of the western release date. But no, still nada.
Ys 9 looks terrible though.

Have you seen the previews and how it runs? Or edgy Adol? Also what was wrong with Celceta?

You mean all the building climbing stuff? I'll see how it plays once people actually get a hold of it.

And the art style is clearly meant to be gothic European, not edgy. Adol's working in secret, so of course he is going to dress to blend in.

Celceta was alright, but the weakest of the new Ys games. And you were complaining about how Ys 9 runs? Woo boy. Celceta was not great on Vita.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You mean all the building climbing stuff? I'll see how it plays once people actually get a hold of it.

And the art style is clearly meant to be gothic European, not edgy. Adol's working in secret, so of course he is going to dress to blend in.
THIS ISN'T ADVENTURING AT ALL! GIVE ME MY DINOSAUR GODDESS BACK!

Griffon

FF7
Trials of Mana Remake
Elden Ring
Cyberpunk
Vampire the masquerade 2

That's about it for the big guns.

Other than that I'm expecting good surprises from Indies, as those are getting better and better by the year.

Oh, and yes, there's next gen at the end of 2020, hopefully the launch games are good.

Kadayi

Banned
Well CP2077 for sure, but Elden Ring is also on the score sheet and more Baldurs gate as well.

VTMB2 I'm going to hold out on the user reviews tbh. Might be great, or it might be a wokeness disaster given some of the writing talent. I'm hoping its decent, but definitely 'wait and see'

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
1. Cyberpunk 2077 - nothing even comes close to his. if there is only one game i play in 2020 it'll be this. I'm taking a week off work just to play it nonstop.
2. Persona 5: The Royal - love P5 and need to get this. i wish i knew japanese or i could play it next month.
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - can't wait to get into debt with that rascal raccoon Mr Tom Nook!
4. Halo: Infinite - well, it's Halo...don't need to say anymore.
5. Watch Dogs: Legion - the first game was cool and i loved the sequel. can't wait for this!
6. Kerbal Space Program 2 - hopefully it's just as good as the first.
7. The Last of Us 2 - kinda excited for it but expecting it to be a total cringey SJW wankfest. will get it cheap second hand at some point.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn they really turned it into ugly generic modern anime shit. They couldn't just keep the cutesy middle ages theme? Not buying it.
Ys has always been Japanese though. Generally the old artstyle was something straight out of 80s anime. I mean Adol eventually dies in the fucking North pole or becomes Santa Claus the series has always been silly. The problem here is how the previews/gameplay looks somehow choppier than Dana. But we will see next week how it turned out.

brap

Banned
Ys has always been Japanese though. Generally the old artstyle was something straight out of 80s anime. I mean Adol eventually dies in the fucking North pole or becomes Santa Claus the series has always been silly. The problem here is how the previews/gameplay looks somehow choppier than Dana. But we will see next week how it turned out.
I know that's why I don't like it. Went from cute old anime to edgy Tales of YS.

Nothing much just waiting on
Halo INFINITE, Tales of Arise and Phantasy Star Online II. But I'm hoping I could play ToA and POII on Scarlett.

PC Engine Mini

Project Sakura Wars

No More Heroes 3

Phantasy Star Online 2

Trails of Mana

Streets of Rage 4

Granblue Fantasy Re::Link

Bubble Bobble 4 Friends

Sakuna: Of Rice and Rain

Top Bottom