• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games / gaming gear did you get for Christmas?

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
I only got two games for Christmas.

1 - Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I've never played a Yakuza game before, but I love JRPGs. Ichiban is a great protagonist. He's too loveable. As a Dragon Quest fan, I relate with him. Battle system is dope.
2 - Nier Automata. My friend loved this game and wanted me to play it.

What did you guys get?

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Got a steam gift card but nothing else from anyone. I bought myself Lifeline (ps2) and Thousand Arms (ps1), both of which I've been wanting for a while. Also delivered a few days before Christmas was the Panzer Dragoon Switch port in the Sega Saturn collector packaging, so maybe that counts even tho I pre-ordered it months ago?

Finally received 3080 yesterday. Was supposed to come in on the 4th of jan. Whooo!

Marry Merry Christmas GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nothing. :')

So I bought myself a bunch of games on the Steam sale for when I can assemble my new PC, mainly Metro Exodus and Star Wars Squadrons for that sweet VR experience. Also a bunch of old titles like Deus Ex and Jedi Outcast.

I only got two games for Christmas.

1 - Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I've never played a Yakuza game before, but I love JRPGs. Ichiban is a great protagonist. He's too loveable. As a Dragon Quest fan, I relate with him. Battle system is dope.
2 - Nier Automata. My friend loved this game and wanted me to play it.

What did you guys get?

Those two are not just fun, but truly great games. Loved both, enjoy!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Demon Souls
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Devil May Cry V Special Edition
Godfall
Watch Dogs Legion
Cyberpunk 2077
Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon
Mafia Definitive Edition
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered
Project Cars 3
Marvel's Avengers
Atelier Ryza
Dark Pictures: Little Hope
Playstation HD Camera
Playstation Media Remote
Dualsense Controller

Last edited:
Idk what I did, but my wife went a bit crazy this year for me. I must have been Hella good. We usually only swap a single medium-priced gift with each other.

First, I talked her into buying both a PS5 and a Series X as my early Christmas gift. Then, a few days before Christmas a moving truck shows up with 3 super fancy theater-style recliner chairs for my gaming media room. These are game changers. I can even charge my controllers, phone, etc directly into each chair.

Then today she got me Miles Morales and Assassin's Creed Valhalla for PS5 along with a second DualSense.

She also surprised me with the $300 NES Lego set (which I never mentioned and had no idea she even knew about). She also got me some cool gaming shirts, a PlayStation ball cap, a Joker amiibo, a Bloodborne Pop figure and Ratchet and Clank Pop figures (my kids who are big into Amiibo and Pop figures helped pick those).

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Nothing except for the 3090/5900x and 85 inch TV I bought for myself.

I did buy my kid the Mario Kart Live kit. We haven't played it yet because I also got him a bunch of other stuff including the Mario Legos and it took over an hour to charge. The Legos are fucking great for kids. Basically the dream toy for me if I was 6 years old but also knew about games. My son had been making games with legos for weeks all by himself and then Voila a gift with game pieces that work almost like his imagined ones. The only shitstain on that product is that they removed the Amazon fire app within the last week. I saw the app last week but didn't download because it would kill the surprise. Now I have to give him my phone. Mario Kart is on the agenda for tomorrow. If I wasn't so invested in my high tech games, I would play the new Zelda game because Nintendo has fucking nailed it this Xmas.

crozier

Days Gone
Man Eater
($100 PSN Gift Card)
Doom Eternal
Warhammer Inquisitor Complete Edition
Celeste
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Tetris Effect
Agents of Mayhem

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Idk what I did, but my wife went a bit crazy this year for me. I must have been Hella good. We usually only swap a single medium-priced gift with each other.

First, I talked her into buying both a PS5 and a Series X as my early Christmas gift. Then, a few days before Christmas a moving truck shows up with 3 super fancy theater-style recliner chairs for my gaming media room. These are game changers. I can even charge my controllers, phone, etc directly into each chair.

Then today she got me Miles Morales and Assassin's Creed Valhalla for PS5 along with a second DualSense.

She also surprised me with the $300 NES Lego set (which I never mentioned and had no idea she even knew about). She also got me some cool gaming shirts, a PlayStation ball cap, a Joker amiibo, a Bloodborne Pop figure and Ratchet and Clank Pop figures (my kids who are big into Amiibo and Pop figures helped pick those).
Your wife feels guilty for cheating on you. Find out who she has been banging

KO7

Series X, Cyberpunk 2077, and Arctis 1 Wireless headphones were all technically holiday season gifts for myself.

As for non-gaming:
Ordered a Raptors x OVO reversible practice jersey arriving next week. Also bought a Nike sportswear hoodie online that I’ve been eyeing for a while as part of Canadian Boxing Day sales.

Nothing really.

I got some money and gift cards. Gonna buy the following games though.
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon (not sure if I want it on PC or PS5 since I have a RX580 and the PS4 save doesn't transfer to the PS5 version)
  • Little Witch Nobeta
  • Clannad now that it's hit $20
Also grabbed a 68 key keyboard to finally replace this K380.
LG CX 48"
PS5
SM MM - SM RM - DS - Ghost - LOU2
5950x
3090 FTW3

That's about it!
$4500 not including the games ;_;

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Your wife feels guilty for cheating on you. Find out who she has been banging
My guess would have been wanting a baby, damn son.
As for me I have very limited gaming time with family and two kids, I also want only to invest in a single system per generation. I went with XSX and GPU till 2023 will keep me busy. I made an exception for CP2077 and been having a great time. So nothing gaming related for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom