• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games would you recommend to a fan of the Rune Factory series?

KàIRóS

The other day a friend was asking for recommendations of games, she's a big fan of the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley games but especially the Rune Factory games, I recommended the new Animal Crossing but she replied with "Animal Crossing is too slow and boring for me" so I asked her why she likes Rune Factory so much and she said "It's because there's so many things to do and so many ways to play those games" I ended up recommending Fantasy Life for 3DS but she's still looking for more recommendations, any ideas? she has a 3DS a Switch and PC.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Did she played the new Rune Factory 4?
81YMeXrk5qL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

Last edited:
Fantasy-Life

I am a long-time fan of Rune Factory. Fell in love with the franchise back with the original DS release.

Fantasy Life gives the daily mundane activities a bit more structure and purpose. For instance, your gameplay experience as the 'Cook' will be entirely different than the 'Mercenary', and both are different than the ''Woodcuttter'. Two-thirds of the jobs are Worker classes that specialize in some kind of item-synthesis and harvesting mechanics (Alchemist, Miner, Woodcutter, etc). The other third are the melee and ranged combat classes. These each come with their own quests and interactions with the town and villagers. You can play all 12 classes to completion (would take a while) or play the few that you like indefinitely.

The only major thing missing in comparison to Rune Factory (and the Stardew / Harvest Moon / etc types) is you cannot marry or have kids. Relationships aren't a focus.

Personally I think it is Level 5's best game.

Top Bottom