• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to PS4 exclusive ''Without Memory''?

FelipeMGM

Soooo, we were talking about PS4 exclusives on another thread, and then I remembered about this one, a Russian developed third person adventure game, that clearly was inspired by Quantic Dream's games. It was stated for 2016 release, and last thing I remember is that they did some kind of crowdfunding that went wrong, and that was in 2014 I think. Does anyone know any info shared in 2015 by the devs? All we seem to have is this:

http://dinosaurum.com/without-memory-2/

FINAL12.png

Basic information:

– Release date: 2016;
– Genre: Interactive thriller, interactive movie;
– Developer: “Dinosaurum Games”;
– Game engine: Unreal Engine 4;
– Platform: Only on PlayStation 4;
– Network game: No;
– Media: Blu-ray, PSN;
– Age rating: 18+.

Game Description

Without Memory is a psychological thriller played in the third-person perspective,where each and every decision you take has serious consequences.

There are four dimensions, three characters: from the past, the present and the future, two sides of the conflict and fifty possible endings to the game. It depends only on you how the story will end! A war veteran striving to change the world after his best friend has died and his antagonist, a mysterious guest from the future who is eager to prevent the inevitable.

Caught between two fires threatening to burn the whole world up, a fragile and defenseless girl enters the conflict, when she comes round in the forest realizing that she has lost her memory. She will have to make a lot of hard decisions, survive in harsh conditions and discover the truth in order to
change the destiny of mankind.

orochi91

According to their website, the game is set for release in 2016 , as a PS4 exclusive.

Curious to see some footage of this.

Website also says they've had some negotiations with Quantic Dream ????

In February we got in touch with the French studio Quantic Dream, which professionally develops interactive games using Motion Capture technology.

We wrote to the Quantic Dream executive producer Guillaume de Fondaumière to present our scenario for appraisal.

After lengthy negotiations we phoned Guillaume and he gave his opinion about Without Memory. The scenario was also appraised by the founder of Quantic Dream — David Cage.

Guillaume said (quote): “It’s a very interesting project but it needs constant development of the idea and enhancement. Well done and good luck with your game!”

After such a pat on the back our morale boosted. Now we are busy improving technical documentation, including the scenario and design document. In this news item we also would like to wish Quantic Dream every success in their new project!

Corpekata

Banned
There were threads about this before and I think the consensus back then was basically "this is never coming out, at least not without major concessions"

Everything about this game was pointing to vaporware or a piece of shit 2 years ago, it's about the same now.

Tratorn

Heh, I thought about it too some days ago. Didn't know about the crowdfunding thing though. Hopefully they didn't cancel it and we'll get informations some time this year.

This is that game that N4G randomly went nuts for. And then some rough debut footage was shown and the community lambasted it. That's all I remember.

The beginning premise sounds alright, but this
Caught between two fires threatening to burn the whole world up, a fragile and defenseless girl enters the conflict, when she comes round in the forest realizing that she has lost her memory. She will have to make a lot of hard decisions, survive in harsh conditions and discover the truth in order to
change the destiny of mankind.
sounds kinda terrible.

Who the fuck has a studio named dinosaurum games and doesn't have dinosaurs in the game. So disappointed

Add "and also there are dinosaurs and shit" to the end of that description and tell me it wouldn't be an insta buy

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Seems like it was one of those games that get's announced in the concept fase to lure in a publisher. Kinda like happened with Wardevil, apparently nobody bit yet.

FelipeMGM

I don't remember this game. Good name for the game.

They forgot this game exists

lol, I've should know that jokes like this would happen

According to their website, the game is set for release in 2016 , as a PS4 exclusive.

Curious to see some footage of this.

Website also says they've had some negotiations with Quantic Dream ????

''Negotiations'' seems exaggereted by them. They are clearly QD fanboys and were thrilled that they were able to talk to both Guillaume and David Cage about the game.

chadskin

The studio seems to have deleted their VKontakte account and the links to their Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Youtube accounts on the official page lead to nowhere.

Always seemed like an odd, unprofessional project. First game, rather ambitious, PS4 exclusive without Sony funding it, no publisher, no known source of funding despite >50 employees, no background on the people who work at the company, a very young looking executive board and so on and so forth.

The studio seems to have deleted their VKontakte account and the links to their Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Youtube accounts on the official page lead to nowhere.

Always seemed like an odd, unprofessional project. First game, rather ambitious, PS4 exclusive without Sony funding it, no publisher, no known source of funding despite >50 employees, no background on the people who work at the company, a very young looking executive board and so on and so forth.

Probably wanted to join Quantic Dream if that article about getting his approval was anything to go by.

Abriael

Banned
They haven't said a single word since last Christmas, so I'd say it's dead. The failed crowdfunding killed it.

Gonna guess they were hoping for some funding from Sony or anptjer external investor and didn't get it. Hope I'm wrong though because it seems like an interesting idea.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Is this the PS4's Sadness I wonder.

Everything about it screams vapourware, but we shall see.

MrV4ltor

Did people really expect somthing to come out of this no name developer with a much too amibitious project that had nothing but shoddy concept art and assets that looked like they were bought off the Unity store to show when it was announced?

Top Bottom