• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to the Chrono Cross arrange album?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Rahul said:
This was originally announced as "July 2005" release as a a collaboration project between Yasunori Mitsuda and Masato Kato. It's July 31st. Anyone know what happened to it?

I can't read Japanese, but from Googlanguaging it I couldn't find any mention of it either:
http://www.procyon-studio.co.jp/mitsuda.html
http://www.procyon-studio.com/cgi-bin/diary/yas_diary.cgi

Bebpo! duckroll! Kobun! Come here!

I'm wondering about it as well, even wrote an e-mail to Procyon Studios about it but still no answer. :(

Bebpo

Banned
Maybe he felt so bad that Kirite was mediocre and $35 that he decided to stop releasing cds until he got his act back together.

This is coming from one of the biggest Mitsuda fans here ;_;

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bebpo said:
Maybe he felt so bad that Kirite was mediocre and $35 that he decided to stop releasing cds until he got his act back together.

This is coming from one of the biggest Mitsuda fans here ;_;
Kirite was really good, though. $35 is way too steep, but the music was good.

Bebpo

Banned
dark10x said:
Kirite was really good, though. $35 is way too steep, but the music was good.

I dunno. I think the tracks had good sections in them. But almost every track felt empty or really simple repetitive and the vocal stuff on the album was pretty bad for the most part. I'd rank it lower than almost anything he's done besides the anime Pyuguru soundtrack.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I liked it. I don't see how it was repetitive, considering that most of his game soundtracks (outside of Xenosaga) are much more so...

Rahul

It certainly wasn't as versatile as something like Creid, for an example of a "live" album. But he was probably tied to a certain sound since it was kind of a soundtrack to a short story.

I want Chrono Cross arrange damnit!

Top Bottom