• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happens if you dont pay for your winning bid at Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLB2

Banned
I bought an item from some ass hole who lived about 15 miles away from me. When he found out I wanted to pick it up rather than pay twenty bucks for shipping, he refused to sell it to me. can he do that?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
NLB2 said:
I bought an item from some ass hole who lived about 15 miles away from me. When he found out I wanted to pick it up rather than pay twenty bucks for shipping, he refused to sell it to me. can he do that?
He's an asshole, but yes, as he (probably) covered the topic of shipping in the auction that you placed a bid on. Next time, try contacting the seller before bidding.

number386

I fricken hate non paying deadbeats. After having to wait a week to file for a non paying bidder ebay requires you to wait another week to try to sort things out with the buyer who never emails you back, you than have to relist it again. Fucking 3-4 weeks out of your life gone and your auction in limbo thanks to some non paying deadbeat prick. Hope ebay cracks down and lowers it to 2 to ban.

I think that'd be more of an issue tbh, but I don't really know.

And for the record, I'm an excellent ebayer! Says so right here. I just find it a little funny that eBay are so pompous about it, and further that people get cowed by that.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I think you can give him negative feedback for that as well, and explain it when he gives you negative feedback that you offered to pick up the item but the seller refused and demanded an exorbitant shipping charge. Frankly, I would hope there's some way to contact ebay about this, as he should only be allowed to charge an amount in shipping equal to what he has to pay for it, and not make a tidy little profit off that.

Tazznum1

Nerevar said:
I think you can give him negative feedback for that as well, and explain it when he gives you negative feedback that you offered to pick up the item but the seller refused and demanded an exorbitant shipping charge. Frankly, I would hope there's some way to contact ebay about this, as he should only be allowed to charge an amount in shipping equal to what he has to pay for it, and not make a tidy little profit off that.

Please, that is like 90% of their auctions then.

Grifter

Does everyone do that? I usually take a slight hit on my shipping when I auction stuff off. Now to live up the deadbeat life.

I never even bother to leave negative feedback, since its not worth the insertion fee if the guy decides to be a jerk and leave negative feedback himself for no reason.

I just relist the thing.

Tarazet

Amazon >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ebay. I have officially been ripped off by an Ebay seller for the last time, and I am about to shut down my Ebay and Paypal accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom