• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Tried to get these for my wife for Valentine's day but couldn't get them in time. Better late than never.

FzLhe0C.jpg
FLSz8Y7.jpg
5wUzAPR.jpg

Rival

Gold Member
5900 CPU
12 gig 3080 Ti
9 RGB fans
32 Gig RAM
1TB 980 PRO Windows / general install
2TB 980 PRO D: Games only
6 Tb Barracuda 'Junk' drive for music, pics, docs etc.
All wrapped up in a Corsair 5000X case

Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ while the 4K monitor is on back order.

Vav3htl.jpg
That’s basically my pc I just built a couple months ago except I only have a single 2tb 980 pro so far. Just waiting for a good deal to pick up a second one. I wouldn’t have done it but I got lucky on the 3080ti from a Best Buy drop.

captainpat

713MAwEP6qL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Bought air fryer (Cosori dual blaze smart fryer). Held off buying one cause we already have oven with a convection mode but after using this for a week it's so much better. Food comes out crispier, and faster since there's barely any preheat time, and it's easier to clean.
Just bought a 34 inch Alienware QD-OLED monitor ☺️
What's the shipping date? Most of my friends who bought that aren't getting there's shipped out until late May early june.

OverHeat

« generous god »
713MAwEP6qL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Bought air fryer (Cosori dual blaze smart fryer). Held off buying one cause we already have oven with a convection mode but after using this for a week it's so much better. Food comes out crispier, and faster since there's barely any preheat time, and it's easier to clean.

What's the shipping date? Most of my friends who bought that aren't getting there's shipped out until late May early june.
June 1

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
That’s basically my pc I just built a couple months ago except I only have a single 2tb 980 pro so far. Just waiting for a good deal to pick up a second one. I wouldn’t have done it but I got lucky on the 3080ti from a Best Buy drop.
Finding it awesome so far. Been a long time since I was back to Windows on a desktop mainly everything in my life being Apple but wanted a build like this for over a year now.

I’ve got a Corsair H115i Elite Capellix CPU cooler looking after the 5900.

My Steam library is quite slim, only recent game I’ve got is Cyberpunk 2077 and I’m just running it on ultra not ray tracing I know the card is more than capable I’m just like I don’t want it to run too hot lol. My OCD kicking in.

Should be getting Dying Light 2 from Samsung as they are doing a promotion if you buy a 980 pro. Pity I can only get one copy as I’ve bought 2 of them (one for the PS5) in the last couple of weeks 🙁

Only other games in my Steam library are over 5 or 6 years old so that card would just chew those games up.

Rival

Gold Member
Finding it awesome so far. Been a long time since I was back to Windows on a desktop mainly everything in my life being Apple but wanted a build like this for over a year now.

I’ve got a Corsair H115i Elite Capellix CPU cooler looking after the 5900.

My Steam library is quite slim, only recent game I’ve got is Cyberpunk 2077 and I’m just running it on ultra not ray tracing I know the card is more than capable I’m just like I don’t want it to run too hot lol. My OCD kicking in.

Should be getting Dying Light 2 from Samsung as they are doing a promotion if you buy a 980 pro. Pity I can only get one copy as I’ve bought 2 of them (one for the PS5) in the last couple of weeks 🙁

Only other games in my Steam library are over 5 or 6 years old so that card would just chew those games up.
That’s the same cooler I got as well. Cyberpunk was the first game I purchased after I built it too not because I really want to play it but I wanted to see how it ran. I’ve been really happy. Have mine paired with my CX oled.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
S22 Ultra 256gb, i browse on it and send WhatsApps so it's total overkill for my needs so of anyone can recommend any decent games that'll take advantage of all this horsepower I'd appreciate it

lem0n

I bought a second Miata. It's my new restoration/modification project since my other one is nearing completion. Bottom one is my pride and joy. The red one has a ways to go but it's an original Arizona car with low miles and no rust so it's the perfect candidate.
7TzV3Cs.jpg
G8ylVhB.jpg

Orion Apex 102 Maksutov telescope. I have a fantastic Zenithstar refractor (posted earlier in the thread) that has a focal length of 360mm, perfect for wide angle shots of nebulae and other large objects, but I wanted something with some more reach to try out planetary imaging again. This was used, super cheap but less than a year old. Figured it would be good to try it out. It has a focal length of 1300mm (which I'll double or triple with a barlow lens), they're design is known for crisp views so it should be fun.

A6b8e9e9462d3c89cf7b8479b264fcdb-img.jpg

IMG-20220318-112959680.jpg

The goofy finder scope will be eliminated. Unnecessary since my mount is all computerized. I'll put a smaller guide telescope and guide camera on there instead. With this and my other scope I'm set for awhile. The next logical step in upgrades will be very expensive, much beefier mount, much more expensive telescopes, so I've got a while to enjoy these before that happens.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

I want to learn to code, since Python is free I thought I'd give it a try. Every online tutorial I could find assumes that you know stuff about coding, including Python's own tutorial. I know zilch, so I found myself unable to work through tutorials because they'd want you to use ideas and functions that they hadn't introduced or explained, and assumed you know vocabulary that I don't know. This book starts literally from scratch, making no assumptions that you know anything except how to use a mouse and keyboard.

Top Bottom