• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
bUslBAL.jpg

Tschumi

Sony wh-1000XM3 headphones.

Might have the name slightly wrong.

Until the M4s came out not long ago they were the unanimous pick for best headphones, so I'm glad i got them for about $140 less than i would have 6 months ago

I had some bang & Olufsen beoplay h9s but their Bluetooth function stopped working, disappointingly

Last edited:
I bought an indigo dyed loopwheel Wakayama tee shirt from 2012 and a pair of 15 year old BNWT jeans from my favorite clothing label. They broke the loom they used to make that denim so these are incredibly rare. There were only 400 pairs of these jeans ever made.

20210911-165406.jpg
I have a pair of 25oz iron hearts. Love them but don’t wear them enough. Didn’t realize how brutal 25oz is given SoCal heat.

they’re great for skating in though. I’ve eaten shit and jeans barely show it.

catvonpee

I have a pair of 25oz iron hearts. Love them but don’t wear them enough. Didn’t realize how brutal 25oz is given SoCal heat.

they’re great for skating in though. I’ve eaten shit and jeans barely show it.
If you can get about 90 wear days on them they will become incredibly soft. Especially if you don't machine wash them for a long time. I've have owned eight different pair of IH 25 XHS throughout the years. If you can imagine that 23 oz Ultra Heavy Raw denim is even more brutal to break in because it is very tightly woven and has no post weaving treatment done to it. So it is like sandpaper. 😄

The 25 oz XHS is sanforized to mitigate leg twist and shrinkage, and it also probably calendared and singed (rolled through rollers and the fuzz gets burned off) so the hand of the denim is as soft as it can be.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Weber Genesis II S-435, cover, and some iGrill3 for shits N giggles.

Last grill caught on fire and the burners got corroded and couldn't route gas correctly any more. Time for an upgrade.

Last edited:

lem0n

You bought a $150k supercar and are 'surprised it gets attention'?
It's one of the most subtle supercars out there, in white. If he bought an Acid Green GT3RS or something instead and said that I'd be shaking my head as well.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
uk-galaxy-watch4-classic-400133-sm-r885fzkaeua-481823754

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, the included band is utter shite unless you have wrists like the mountain, so have ordered up a nice black segmented steel band so it wraps better round my girly wrists, so far so happy, wouldn't want to wank with it on mind, probably put my shoulder out with the weight of it...

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Haven’t really looked at spoilers yet, but this dungeons and dragons set has been fun to draft

hoping new set will be fun as well
I won't spoil anything, but it does look like loads of fun. There some uh.....questionably balanced cards though lol

I won't spoil anything, but it does look like loads of fun. There some uh.....questionably balanced cards though lol
I don’t mind spoilers, I’ve just sorta been overwhelmed with mtg so haven’t gotten around to it

between all the new drops (secret lairs, mh2 and standard sets, historic horizons on arena, etc) I needed a break

as someone who plays a good deal of standard, I’m excited for the rotation

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I don’t mind spoilers, I’ve just sorta been overwhelmed with mtg so haven’t gotten around to it

between all the new drops (secret lairs, mh2 and standard sets, historic horizons on arena, etc) I needed a break

as someone who plays a good deal of standard, I’m excited for the rotation
Here is a good review from a couple of guys that I enjoy. It's long as fuck, but its a real fun thing to run in the background while you work or game.

Warning its really cheesy in a cringey nerdy way, but CovertGoBlue (the guy on the right) is a lifelong tournament pro. So the insight they give is fanatstic. Midnight hunt spoilers start around 10:45.

Last edited:

Mohonky

Its a 2 door coupe that comes up to your waist and is 2m wide.

It doesnt need to be a flashy colour for people to notice that silhouette screams 'supercar'.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Fender acoustic guitar - signature Tim Armstrong Hellcat.

I've been playing the same Yamaha acoustic for over a decade now. It has served me well but I felt like I earned a modest step up at this point.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Tim is the man. I had no idea he had a signature guitar out.
Neither did I. Love Rancid but didn’t necessarily get it because of him. But I was listening to Rancid for the first time in years, and when I went to find a guitar, it was the first one I found that met what I was looking for, so it felt a little serendipitous.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Neither did I. Love Rancid but didn’t necessarily get it because of him. But I was listening to Rancid for the first time in years, and when I went to find a guitar, it was the first one I found that met what I was looking for, so it felt a little serendipitous.
Op Ivy is an all time favorite of mine.

Fools idol

Banned
RrhKhB.jpg
not sure if there are any car collectors out there but... yeah. I scored big time. Found an old dude selling a 2011 E92 M3 with just 6,400 miles on the clock. Fully carbon specced and factory options all checked, with a crazy after market exhaust. I simply had to have it in my collection immediately.

This thing is SUPER nice to drive, sounds like a demon... it's as new, he owned it since new and drove it hardly ever.. I couldnt believe the milage is so low but when I arrived in person he showed me the full service history and stamps, and the condition blew me away.

Paid £45k for it which may seem high for a 2011 car but if you know, you know. This v8 is nuts - and in this condition, super fucking rare now.

8bitpill

Rig
8bitpill 8bitpill Nice one. Are you a lefty or do you just sort of rotate and tuck your chair in to use?

I just bought a bunch of composite decking. We're building a deck out back. It's not my pic/house below but is the decking we're going with.

trex-transcend-island-mist-decking-australia-secondary-hero
Right handed. It was the only place to put the monitor but the arm holding it can be positioned right in from of the iMac and below.

Thats a nice deck along with a very nice back yard.

just bought my first house last year and the amount of projects I have set will span like five years. Just bought a modern shed this past August had to dig, level and add pavers for a 8’x8’ area. The shed was the easier build compared to doing the pavers.

Rig

Right handed. It was the only place to put the monitor but the arm holding it can be positioned right in from of the iMac and below.

Thats a nice deck along with a very nice back yard.

just bought my first house last year and the amount of projects I have set will span like five years. Just bought a modern shed this past August had to dig, level and add pavers for a 8’x8’ area. The shed was the easier build compared to doing the pavers.
Paving sucks, did it once and never again. I did similar with a shed but have an easement at the back of our property so was not allowed to be a permanent structure, had to build a wood base basically that could easily be removed if council ever wanted access to easement. Fun projects are always on the home owners list, as are pain in the ass ones too.

8bitpill

Paving sucks, did it once and never again. I did similar with a shed but have an easement at the back of our property so was not allowed to be a permanent structure, had to build a wood base basically that could easily be removed if council ever wanted access to easement. Fun projects are always on the home owners list, as are pain in the ass ones too.
I have one more project with paving but after that I won’t be doing it again.

Are you part of a HOA?

Im handling a few small project but nothing serious. We want to update the kitchen counter tops and island with butcher block, but I’m letting someone else handle that along with re doing both bathrooms.

I own and run a print shop, it pretty much takes all my time up besides spending time with my family.

I have one more project with paving but after that I won’t be doing it again.

Are you part of a HOA?

Im handling a few small project but nothing serious. We want to update the kitchen counter tops and island with butcher block, but I’m letting someone else handle that along with re doing both bathrooms.

I own and run a print shop, it pretty much takes all my time up besides spending time with my family.

No HOA, all ours, just council approvals for things like pools and decking etc. Did a knockdown and rebuild of a new house 3-ish years ago on the property. Kitchens are crazy, the old house did a flat pack self install one with a contractor/tradie mate. The new house we just had everything built this time.

I know what it's like, own a web company myself, two kids too so your plight of letting others do the paid work isn't lost on me. Maintenance and small projects I have time for e.g. built two raised vegie gardens with the kids, doing a firepit ourselves after the decking is done by professionals. I've found it easier to be the project manager over the years for mid-large projects e.g. owner builder or organising all the trades or designs/approvals etc.

Top Bottom