• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is that 50s/60s-ish guitar song you hear a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
You know that 50s or 60s sounding guitar song (don't know if there are any lyrics) that you hear sometimes, mostly in movies to establish a 50s atmosphere or an old diner scene or something (I think maybe it was played in Pulp Fiction during the scene where Travolta and Thurman are at that club/restaurant)? It's just three chords played every couple of measures or so, kinda slowly, with the third chord played on the downbeat and held for a while until the next chord. I can play it in my head, but I can't figure out what the chords are on my guitar, and it's driving me nuts. Anyone know what song I'm talking about?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
If it really even was in that scene in PF, I don't know if it could considered part of the soundtrack or whatever. I think it was just played in the background, like on the jukebox.

-edit
just listened to some Dick Dale songs, an entire 'best of' album actually. It does sound like that kind of music, although obviously slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom