• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best Harry Potter book?

What is the best Harry Potter book?

• Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Chamber of Secrets

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Prisoner of Azkaban

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Goblet of Fire

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Order of the Phoenix

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Half-Blood Prince

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Deathly Hallows

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Yoboman

Harry is incredibly annoying through much of the book and makes quite a few bad and costly decisions. It was hard to read as I can't relate to the moody know it all teen mindset.
I didn't like the turn of character when I was younger but as I've gotten older I appreciate the changes Harry went through. The movies kind of did him dirty making him a bit boring

Dark Star

Prisoner of Azkaban … best book and movie

Though I’ve read sorcerers stone the most, it’s fantastic and a great casual read

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Goblet for sure. The opposing schools, teenage angst, and series of trials made it like one of my japanese animes.

daTRUballin

Re reading out loud to my kids before bed. Halfway done with Order of the Phoenix. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Chamber of Secrets.
Wouldn't the later books be a much more heavier read for kids emotionally and thematically speaking? Especially OotP. That entire book is basically Harry going through an existential crisis lol

Last edited:
Wouldn't the later books be a much more heavier read for kids emotionally and thematically speaking? Especially OotP. That entire book is basically Harry going through an existential crisis lol
To add more detail I read these books around 3rd grade I think, loved them but for some reason I stopped at the beginning of Order of Pheonix and never finished the series haha. Ill keep that in mind most of my kinds aren't even listening it kinda pissed me off.

daTRUballin

To add more detail I read these books around 3rd grade I think, loved them but for some reason I stopped at the beginning of Order of Pheonix and never finished the series haha. Ill keep that in mind most of my kinds aren't even listening it kinda pissed me off.
Haha not trying to discourage you or anything. Also depends on the kids I guess. Some kids can handle darker material I'm sure. Not like it goes into rated R territory or anything like that lol. It just gets darker and more complex.

Top Bottom