• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the worst household chore?

DogofWar

Picking up stuff on the floor. With two kids there are always stuff lying about. While I am picking up in one room another one gets trashed.

At least with toilet scrubbing, removing that disgusting goo from the pipes underneath the sink, window cleaning etc I don't have to do it one hour+ every day.

YukiOnna

People actually hate laundry? Nothing more rewarding than doing laundry then opening that machine up to smell heaven.

Anyways, if it has anything to do with cleaning the bathroom, I cry.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
is there anything worse than weed eating?

it's a pain in the ass to maintain your eater, the oil gas mixture sucks and is always chemically imbalanced in some imperceptible way, choking the line or clogging it, the blades of all variety suck and yes i've tried the indestructible made for tv stuff, it's noisy as fuck and kicks up all kinds of shit all over your body, it smells like shit, it's not terribly heavy but terribly balanced machinery, pulling the starter makes you wanna go on a killing spree, it causes your hands to shake

Bought myself a battery powered mower and weed eater a few years ago.
I laugh at your fossil powered futility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jtibh

Banned
You guys are amatures.

Cleaning 10 day old kitty litter is where its at.

You take two showers in bleach after that i assure you.

badblue

You guys are amatures.

Cleaning 10 day old kitty litter is where its at.

You take two showers in bleach after that i assure you.

That's nothing to cleaning up the bathroom after a sewer backup. I didn't feel clean for 2 weeks after that.

And I'd rather do that again then wash the dishes. Fuck dishes.

Jtibh

Banned
Oh i h
That's nothing to cleaning up the bathroom after a sewer backup. I didn't feel clean for 2 weeks after that.

And I'd rather do that again then wash the dishes. Fuck dishes.
Oh i did that too.
But i have one better than that

Jtibh

Banned
Our kitchen sink got clogged.

Turnes out its the drain pipe all the way down to the basement.
So i had to take the pipe apart in the basement that was head height.

The pipe was 8 feet long full of shit.
I had to use a ling stick to scoop the nasty out. Then i used a hose to stick it in there and with the water pressure force the rest to move down the drain.
But instead all the shit squirted back right into my mouth and all over my face and body.

I gagged and puked for a solid 10 minutes.
Then i had to clean up everything from the floor.
In the end i fixed the clog but i rather clean shit than this

GAMETA

Banned
I like doing the dishes, it's a good time to think, it's a 10-30 minute chore, easy and fun if you do it everyday or after every meal.

Laundry tho, is a pain in the ass. Cloth dryers are expensive here, so is electricity... so most people use clotheslines, and it takes forever to do, and in the winter clothes take up to 3 days to dry, and they smell like wet dogs and get stiff. I hate this shit.

Jtibh

Banned
I like doing the dishes, it's a good time to think, it's a 10-30 minute chore, easy and fun if you do it everyday or after every meal.

Laundry tho, is a pain in the ass. Cloth dryers are expensive here, so is electricity... so most people use clotheslines, and it takes forever to do, and in the winter clothes take up to 3 days to dry, and they smell like wet dogs and get stiff. I hate this shit.
Where you live?
I couldnt live my life without dishwasher and washer dryer combo

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Putting away laundry. Washing clothes is great. Getting them out of the basket and into the dresser/closet is a bridge too far.

samporter

Banned
I don't enjoy mowing the lawn, raking leaves, or watering the garden. But I do these things regardless because I believe in being a good neighbor. One of the worst things about living in neighborhoods that are socioeconomic diverse is having neighbors who shouldn't be living there. Traditional houses are meant for a family but increasingly more people house hack(several families under one roof) and these people usually don't take care of their lawns. It drives down others property value and attracts unwanted elements, like homeless and gang activity.

GAMETA

Banned
Where you live?
I couldnt live my life without dishwasher and washer dryer combo

Brazil. Everything is overpriced completely out of proportion.

The cloth washers are not too expensive, but "a washer that also dries!? What? You think you're living in the 1st world, kid? You think you can have nice things!? HOW DARE YOU!?"

I was 16 the first time I saw a dishwasher at a friend's house, I had no idea the dishes would come out so hot, I almost burnt my hands, lol.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
You can get me to do anything. Wash the dishes, sweep, clean. I'm fine.

But mowing lawns? Not my thing. Having large yards during childhood was wack...
You need a riding mower and a good pair of headphones, then you pretend you are playing Mario Cart. Boom fun time, every time.
For a more realistic simulation, place banana peels and small critters in your yard.

Jtibh

Banned
You need a riding mower and a good pair of headphones, then you pretend you are playing Mario Cart. Boom fun time, every time.
For a more realistic simulation, place banana peels and small critters in your yard.
Always aim for the gophers lol

Jtibh

Banned
Thats
Brazil. Everything is overpriced completely out of proportion.

The cloth washers are not too expensive, but "a washer that also dries!? What? You think you're living in the 1st world, kid? You think you can have nice things!? HOW DARE YOU!?"

I was 16 the first time I saw a dishwasher at a friend's house, I had no idea the dishes would come out so hot, I almost burnt my hands, lol.
Thats what hot big ass brazilian women are for.
I am sure if they just sit on the clothes for an hour they will be dry , ironed, folded.

Tesseract

Banned
clipping branches and removing dead moss can be a pain after a few hours

gotta wear gloves, dodge roaches and snakes like you are in the matrix

(because you are)

Last edited:
Top Bottom