• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Anti-Pet Peeve?

A small or relatively insignificant thing in gaming, that makes you unreasonably happy.

You can't really explain why it does, but it just does.

This is mine:

E048CFFBB6792FD71AF6C092DBA895A3D2B67008

I genuinely don't care how shitty or badly written a character is.
If he or she can do the twirlies with their guns, I fall in love with them immediately.

The main reason Vincent (Final Fantasy 7) was in my party for the whole game ("whole game" meaning when you can have him join), is because his victory pose is him doing the twirlies.

And when I found out that if you give him the Death Blow materia, he does the twirlies a bit more before he shoots, I got so happy that I cried.

Bright white anything, especially Menus.
Dark Mode that please.

Edit-I misread everything here, I'm an idiot today.
So, I'll go with surround soundscapes, slowly spinning around and hearing the environment move around me.

Last edited:
Nice looking water. Streams, rivers, lakes, or the ocean I'm all in if I see some sexy water.
I bet you would love the water in the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters. I might be wrong.

I checked out FF 5, and the water is gorgeous. Not realistic or whatever, it just looks great.

Phase

When sound design is really good. For example Lethal Company. Or on a smaller scale when there's just a cool sound in a game I've not associated with anything before, for example the MGS radio or the Dark Souls embered noise.

Top Bottom