• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favourite snacks (chocolate/candy/biscuits/cookies/chips, etc)?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
imageService

Pejo

Those Hostess Donettes, just the plain white sugar ones. I literally can't have them in my house because they're as addictive as crack to me. So unassuming from the simple packaging.
81Gsm4OSZ3L._SY679_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX481SY679SH20_.jpg

Also, especially after smoking weed for whatever reason, vanilla ice cream. I used to smoke up with a friend on weekends, and she lived right by a Fenton's (creamery in CA). Either perfect or cursed combo, depending on how you look at it.

For healthy snacks that I try to stick to, just celery or wheat crackers with this brand/flavor of hummus:
supremely-spicy-hummus---10oz.png

Dural

Kettle cooked chips; plain, salt & vinegar, or jalapeno.
Peanut butter
Nuts
Crackers (Ritz, Wheat Thins, or Club) w/ cheese and hard salami

K3JbB3b.jpg

These are some of my favorite, if you're from the midwest you might have had them as that's the only place they're sold.

Last edited:
Treat stuff:

*Gummies of any kind (Haribo cola is my favorite, and I love gourmet gummies)
*A small charcuterie (grapes or berries, pepperoni or turkey, a nice buttery cheese, and some good crackers or )
*Pretzels, hard or soft

Non-treat:

*Mozzarella and pepperoni drizzled with olive oil
*Pork rinds with seasoning (homemade "cheese" from nutritional yeast)
*Cheesesticks (sticks of cheese)

Solarstrike

If you like your cheese dip with a spicy kick, do yourself a present and buy a few jars of Renfro's Ghost Pepper Nacho Cheese Dip Great on nachos, popcorn, bangers/hot dogs/brats, over shredded BBQ chicken or pulled pork, and Cheese Steaks. Tastes best and has a better consistency after being refrigerated for a few hours before opening. Renfro's has been around for quite some time in the States. They make many different salsa's also.

ob3yF8s.png

Official Website:
Renfro Foods

Sweets/Dessert Snacks:

Froyo with gummy bears, mangoes, oreo crumbs, chocolate syrup and kiwis
Twix
Chocolate Cake
3 Musketeers

Non-sweet/salty:

White Cheddar popcorn
Nachos with extra cheese
Lays original
Mcdonald’s Chicken nuggets

GeekyDad

All those things listed in the OP are, for me, considered treats, a once-a-month thing. But I'm old, so that's why. :p

What I can get away with on a given day if I'm still hungry? Probably the Simple Truth popcorn or a tomato-kimchi sandwich on Ezekial bread.

resize
+
resize
+
resize
=

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Edit: And blueberries, which I'm having right now. Damned delicious!

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
As someone thats eating super healthy lately because of stomach pains, everything in this thread is just trash. People underestimate what it does with your body, it doesnt just make you fat, it fucks up your intestines/gut too. /rant

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Decided to spend $10 and buy this giant jar of pork rinds from Costco earlier year. Dont think I've ever had it, but had an idea what it would be like. Hated it at first, but actually liked them by the end of the jar. Really fucking dry though and opening the jar it smells like dirty socks.

GeekyDad

Decided to spend $10 and buy this giant jar of pork rinds from Costco earlier year. Dont think I've ever had it, but had an idea what it would be like. Hated it at first, but actually liked them by the end of the jar. Really fucking dry though and opening the jar it smells like dirty socks.
My brother loved those things when we were kids. I think I was always kinda grossed out by what they are, but I've tried 'em. They're okay. Still not my thing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My brother loved those things when we were kids. I think I was always kinda grossed out by what they are, but I've tried 'em. They're okay. Still not my thing.
I hear ya. Whereas I could plow back a bag of chips if I wanted too, I could only eat so much pork rinds at once. Typically a small bowl.

Dural

Getting past the smell is the worst part. I bought a box from Sam's Club of different flavored individual packs of them (original, bbq, and salt and pepper), if you're not eating regular chips and want a similar snack they'll do.

Dural

In italy they are called coppiette di suino (literal translation is small pork couples) but what i eat is boar not pure pork, the original recipe is from rome, the boar one from puglia.

Is it just dried meat like jerky?

4505 is sold at costco also at amazon.

It is humanely raised pork, that is turned into pork rinds. If we gonna raise for food, least we could do is humanely raise them.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It's close from salami, in france we call it saucisson sec, you can translate it as dried sausages. It's way better than actual salami.
Do you enjoy dried sausage on its own, or do you pair it with other foods like, cheese, bread, mustard, or wine ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom