• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your wish list for the Horizon Forbidden West sequel? (slight spoilers)

So I just rolled the credits and this is what I think needs to be done for the inevitable sequel.....
  • Less weapons and armor that do the same thing. Streamline them by removing dupes(per rarity level) and simply add ammo types (One
    hunter bow, blast sling, etc. per rarity level).
  • Don't make legendary upgrades near impossible to obtain and pointless when finally obtained due to already haven beaten the most difficult enemies in the game to get them.....
  • Less Aloy chatter.
  • Add unique bosses not found in the wilds.
  • Add air and underwater combat.
  • Make Hephaestus create bug and humanoid creatures.
  • Give remote controllable overridden machines as an option.
  • More mounts.
  • Better climbing.........foreal this time.
  • Better story.
  • Reveal Ted Faro.
  • Continue to not add romance options.
Overall really enjoyed the game but the sequel needs a few more tweaks.

GymWolf

Shit i have to think for a bit before answering this one, i'm still not sure how i feel about FW.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Air combat. Dog fights

More “old ones” weapons. Let me find old rocket launchers in a military base.

Robots based on insects. Large robot scorpions, Wasps, Spiders, etc

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I adore Horizon Forbidden West, if I had to improve anything

Make the melee faster and smoother, also make the combos rely fully on the player's input rather than timing, also make the melee more feasible

Perfect the climbing

Maybe add a few air battles during the main story

Last edited:

Pejo

I want a Watch Dogs: Legion type experience where we play as an AI that can install itself on any of the dinobots, one at a time. Then we go around hunting the humans.

Killzone 2 remaster
using Decima Engine

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Markio128

I think bow combat is pretty much spot on, but melee combat doesn’t quite hit the spot for me, so that’s what I hope they improve for the next game. I’d like the option of using a single handed melee weapon and shield for a kick-off. Other than that, I’m pretty happy with FW.

Flabagast

I wish for no sequel.

This IP is simply not really interesting imho and it feels like it has already run its course, the second one really came and went without bringing anything to the table. Though Guerilla is still a talented bunch I reckon, they should go back to the drawing board and start something fresh.

MikeM

Don’t turn this into an eye-roller of a story. The ending already had me doing it and i’m concerned with where this may lead.

1. Side-quests and main quests actually impact the environment in more dramatic/gameplay ways.
2. More and better RPG mechanics such as dialogue choices impacting the story.
3. Less earth, more other planets.
4. Unique boss fights.
5. Improve the stealth and have more vertical combat/stealth opportunities.
6. If Aloy can sweat, then she can pee and poop. I want to see her take a dump.
j/k on 6

Last edited:
Another thing...
More unique skills and higher difficulty maxing out the skill tree. Would be nice to see people come up with unique builds.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Riding big dinosaurs. I wanna ride a robot t-rex with my flame-headed warrior woman. Sounds like a Ralph Bakshi scene.

PS6? One Aloy game per console generation.
I want Aloy to be older and more curmudgeonly. Yelling at children to stay off her training dummies.
OR like God of War have Aloy trying to train her daughter.

pqueue

Lot of good things already mentioned so I will not repeat them but:

1. An ending. You can only push this story so far. End this current storyline for good, and open up options for other stories in this world. Even without Alloy.

2. Better voice acting for secondary and tertiary characters.

3. Alloy telling Sylens to go fuck himself and stop being cryptic because "muh reasons".

Top Bottom