• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Microsoft games would you buy on PS5 or Switch?

Which of these games would you buy on PS5 or Switch

• Halo MCC

Votes: 83 28.0%
  • Halo 5

Votes: 26 8.8%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 37 12.5%
  • Gears Trilogy

Votes: 87 29.4%
  • Gears 4

Votes: 38 12.8%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • Hi-Fi Rush

Votes: 73 24.7%
  • Forza Motorsport

Votes: 17 5.7%
  • Forza Horizona 5

Votes: 65 22.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Ori

Votes: 51 17.2%
  • Hellblade

Votes: 17 5.7%
  • Hellblade 2

Votes: 63 21.3%
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator

Votes: 34 11.5%
  • Starfield

Votes: 48 16.2%
  • Redfall

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Avowed

Votes: 48 16.2%
  • Blade

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Fable 2024/2025

Votes: 57 19.3%
  • Fable Anniversary

Votes: 37 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 44 14.9%
  • None

Votes: 67 22.6%

• Total voters

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I already bought Ori on Switch, both of them. Fun games.

And i'll buy whatever else is good.

Aenima

Forza Horizon and Ori. And if it ends up good, Fable as i was a big fan of Fable back when Lionhead studios made it.

hinch7

Yeah, I've abandoned my Xbox controllers now unless the DualSense absolutely won't work with something.
Nice. I've been 50/50. Way less issues with Xbox controllers on most games, like legacy titles. But some newer ones it can be a bit iffy too, even with Steam support. Prefer the DualSense when its fully supported though; with haptics and all that. Thankfully newer titles mostly have DS compatibilty.

BlackTron

Since I have a PC and therefore access to Xbox games already, the main reason to buy on a different platform would be versatility of the Switch for portable mode. But if they dumped everything right now, I would still be in holding pattern for Switch 2 reveal. Not knowing how strong it is, what it's getting, or how BC works. I can see using any gaming device they allow as an extra Halo client, but you don't have to buy the mp. Maybe MCC. Side note, I always wished you could use game consoles to drop Starcraft 2 clients. My friends used to LAN brood war but it took too long for us all to build up enough tech to do the same with SC2. But there were game consoles to go around. So we had small SC matches and COD zombies at the same time instead lol. I guess my message to MS is to get SC on all devices even watches and calculators

Gojiira

With the reality of Microsoft going multiplatform becoming more and more likely, what games would actually buy on PS5 or Switch? Assuming these releasesd for the same price they are now, but potentially more.
Potentially…More? Lmao, they dont make any game that could tempt me to pay ‘more’…
Without Gamepass Im even less inclined as well…

Codes 208

Since I have a PC and therefore access to Xbox games already, the main reason to buy on a different platform would be versatility of the Switch for portable mode. But if they dumped everything right now, I would still be in holding pattern for Switch 2 reveal. Not knowing how strong it is, what it's getting, or how BC works. I can see using any gaming device they allow as an extra Halo client, but you don't have to buy the mp. Maybe MCC. Side note, I always wished you could use game consoles to drop Starcraft 2 clients. My friends used to LAN brood war but it took too long for us all to build up enough tech to do the same with SC2. But there were game consoles to go around. So we had small SC matches and COD zombies at the same time instead lol. I guess my message to MS is to get SC on all devices even watches and calculators
Or easy trophies on playstation if youre into that. Halo mcc has hundreds of achievements

That said, hi-fi, halo mcc, infinite and the gears trilogy are the only current games on that list that i want to see. Though Rare replay, sea of thieves and any new banjo would be nice too

Last edited:
Potentially…More? Lmao, they dont make any game that could tempt me to pay ‘more’…
Without Gamepass Im even less inclined as well…

I guess my point is that Hi-Fi Rush is currently 30 dollars on Xbox. I'm not sure it'll launch for 30 dollars on PS5/Switch.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have a series X and would still re-buy Halo: MCC and Gears Trilogy for PS. I played through FH5 via Game Pass but since I no longer have that I'd probably buy on PS if reasonably priced. Eventually I may buy Starfield and Indiana Jones, that would be the case if they were never to come to PS, but as PS5 is my primary console I'd be more likely if they appeared there.

Other: Elder Scrolls 6 off the top of my head.

Then Doom would be another one.

But on PS5 or Switch nothing at the moment. But I'm sure Hi Fi Rush would he popular on those platforms.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

None currently, because I have the Series X. In the future, if they go third party - having new Forza games for the PS consoles would mean I wouldn't have to worry about buying another Xbox.
I voted for a few that would enable me to get rid of the XSX. But I have to remember my two anchor games are actually BC games with enhancements, that are better than the PS5's versions as they were originally off of the X1X and not the PS4 Pro. So yeah, maybe still keep the XSX and just not have to buy another Xbox.

Fbh

Halo (MCC and Infinite)
Hi Fi Rush
Gears Trilogy
Hellblade 2

Are the ones I'd buy for sure.

Fable would depend on how it turns out. And I guess I'd give Starfield a chance on a deep sale.

Mowcno

Forza Horizon is my favourite series they do. The rest I can live without really. But I may pick up collections of older titles on PS5 if they ported them. Fable Anniversary, Gears Trilogy etc.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Fable (new) and Blade, but if they suck prob nothing.

I don't really have interest in older stuff cause i played some of them or hated them already.

Audiophile

Gold Member
My future plan is PS5 Pro + Switch 2 + build a nice PC.

No interest in Halo (never really understood the appeal).

On PS5 I wouldn't mind taking a pop at Gears (never played it) & Forza Horizon 4/5 (might scratch a little bit of that Driveclub itch).

On Switch 2 I think Hi-Fi Rush & Ori would be ideal.

Hellblade & Hellblade 2 I'd probably save for PC; given that playing the latter on a conventional display in 2.40:1 doesn't really appeal to me. I wouldn't mind trying Flight Sim on PC too. But it'd probably be more of a technical curiosity that I'd pick up on a sale than a game I'd really get into.

Will keep an eye on Blade (I like the property, just hope the game is good).

I thought the curated previews of Starfield looked great but once it came out and it was apparent that it still has a lot of the Bethesda shortcomings, I kinda lost interest. Never liked Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Honestly, MS/Xbox have never really had much of anything I'm interested in. Hence why I've never owned my own Xbox. Pretty much been PS since the beginning and only really considering a Switch 2 if Sony don't return to the handheld space.

Shin-Ra

If I put my OG Xbox Grabbed by the Ghoulies DVD in my PS5, will Smart Delivery download a PS5 version?

RickMasters

Until something is officially confirmed by Microsoft either way, isn’t this thread just glorified port begging? 🧐
Yup. You would think they would Atleast wait for an official announcement 😅😅😅….. but I guess some games are gonna be announced? I guess they were exited about Xbox games all along, but would have had heart attacks if they actually had to buy Xbox’s to play them.

Shin-Ra

Yup. You would think they would Atleast wait for an official announcement 😅😅😅….. but I guess some games are gonna be announced? I guess they were exited about Xbox games all along, but would have had heart attacks if they actually had to buy Xbox’s to play them.
I bought three original Xboxes.

PAL launch (black)
NTSC (black) VG+ import with the JSRF/SEGA GT pack-in for progressive scan support and earlier releases
PAL special edition (crystal clear)

Last edited:

skit_data

-Halo MCC, haven't played any of the games since CE which I bought at the PC launch.
-Gears Trilogy, classics that I never played.
-Hi-Fi Rush, good reception and it's been too long since I played a music based game.
-Forza Horizon 5 and possibly the rest because they Horizon series seem really good.
-The Ori Games, actually have them on steam but too lazy to plug my TV into my Mac.
-Hellblade 2, the first was interesting and had a good length, cool experience despite some slower segments.
-Starfield, Bethesda aren't my favorites but I love me some sci-fi.
-Avowed, seems good and probably has a reasonable scope. Haven't played The Outer Worlds yet but it's also in my wishlist.

Fable is a "wait and see" one. Might be great, but I haven't seen anything in the trailers that made go wild.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

"Excited" is quite a stretch.

150 votes and no game managed to get 30% of the votes, where people could pick multiple titles.

That's quite pathetic.

Steve Jobs Apple GIF by GrowthX

RickMasters

"Excited" is quite a stretch.

150 votes and no game managed to get 30% of the votes, where people could pick multiple titles.

That's quite pathetic.
It’s a Sunday and this thread is barely a day old. Pretty sure this post is gonna be on the front page for a while.

Also… I voted ‘none’ because I’ll play these games the same way I always have. On an Xbox.

Gojiira

I guess my point is that Hi-Fi Rush is currently 30 dollars on Xbox. I'm not sure it'll launch for 30 dollars on PS5/Switch.
Well it better had…No sane person is going to pay MORE for a game thats been out for a year already…Thats just fucking stupid…

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'd buy a bunch.

Modern XBOX has a bunch of games I'd like to play but it's not enough to get me to buy a console. I go with Sony solely because of their hardware.

GrayDock

From that list all the Gears and Oris, but I would like, from the 360 era, Blue Dragon, Lost Odissey and Kameo, but those are wishfull thinking...

Last edited:

Lupin25

Have already played all on gamepass, but would definitely purchase Hi-Fi Rush, FH5, Ori, maybe Fable & Indy (if they’re good), just to support the devs who make quality games.

Top Bottom