• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What new/current releases in music are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's go with 5 suggestions. They can be either brand spankin' new or relatively new-ish. It can be an album or a single. Provide Either a cover, or listenable link, along with a description.

I'll get the ball rolling:

XLHlM3P.jpg

This one's supposed to be a "dual" album with "heartfelt" songs along with more irreverent stuff. I really like Devil Pray, Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch, and Iconic.

I still don't know how I feel about Vulnicura overall, but I love Bjork, so I'm gonna give this more listens to let it sink in.

This Frankmuisk

Always loved his vocals, and lately I feel like there's a bit more "grit" to his voice.

Right Here Right Now - Giorgio Moroder x Kylie Minogue

Catchy electro pop. Huge Kylie stan so, yeah, no way I'd resist this.

BOK BOK - Melba's Call

This is a year old, so I guess I'm technically breaking the rules. But been pretty addicted to it lately.

So, what are you guys listening to that's on the newer side?

lt519

Been enjoying the new Alabama Shakes album, great album from start to finish. Not a huge music guy so not good at describing it but it has an older more simple feel to me. A type of sound comparable to The Black Keys but different altogether (much different vocals). Not so far out of left field like Alt-J but a lot less safe than The Black Keys.

Radio song:

Don't Wanna Fight

I actually much prefer this song:

Future People

That's all I've got, not much has interested me so far this year.

WEGGLES

Waters - What's Real

Found this with the radio stations on Google Play Music. It's been getting some solid play on my walk to and from work.

Madeon - Adventure

Initially looked this up because of the track featuring Passion Pit's lead singer, turns out the whole album is quite good.

Lightning Bolt - Fantasy Empire

Been waiting for ages for this album. It's good stuff.

The Hotelier - Home, Like Noplace Is There

About a year old, but "it's new to me, damnit!".

Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear

I enjoyed this when it came out, need to listen to it some more.

It's been a pretty great year for music so far, here are the records I've spinned the most.

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
-I don't know how to explain this one, you're either going to get it or you won't. Check out his performance on Letterman.

Iron & Wine - Archive Series Vol. 1
-I haven't been a fan of anything Sam Beam has done in a decade, this record is all songs recorded at home during The Creek and The Cradle era, which was his best. There is some obnoxiously good songs on here.

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell
-Seven Swans was always my favourite Sufjan Album, and this record in a lot of ways is a spiritual successor to that. I don't know if the songs are quite as good, but it's still really solid.

Glen Hansard - It Was Triumph We Once Proposed
-Glen Hasard from The Frames and also the film 'Once', pays tribute to the late great Jason Molina. My only complaint is it's an EP instead of a whole album.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Interlude%20Cover.jpg

pretty much non stop for months. Jamie is great, if you like jazz go for it

sundfor.jpg

God, I love this album

The-Magic-Whip-from-the-side-640x375.jpg

jury is still out for this one, but so far so good

It's been a pretty great year for music so far, here are the records I've spinned the most.

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

-I don't know how to explain this one, you're either going to get it or you won't. Check out his performance on Letterman.

Iron & Wine - Archive Series Vol. 1

-I haven't been a fan of anything Sam Beam has done in a decade, this record is all songs recorded at home during The Creek and The Cradle era, which was his best. There is some obnoxiously good songs on here.

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell

-Seven Swans was always my favourite Sufjan Album, and this record in a lot of ways is a spiritual successor to that. I don't know if the songs are quite as good, but it's still really solid.

Glen Hansard - It Was Triumph We Once Proposed

-Glen Hasard from The Frames and also the film 'Once', pays tribute to the late great Jason Molina. My only complaint is it's an EP instead of a whole album.
You're my boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom