• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What PSP games supports infrastructure mode and ...

FiRez

has at least some people playing online at any given time?

I ask because I got Outrun 2006 since a week ago and I've only been able to play one game with some dude that dropped his connection on purpose when I was winning.

DyTonic

Banned
Top online games...

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror = unfair online if you're low ranked, fun though

Metal gear Solid: Portable Ops....controls cause me to lose online

and Socom 2 meh

Busty

Banned
FiRez said:
has at least some people playing online at any given time?

I ask because I got Outrun 2006 since a week ago and I've only been able to play one game with some dude that dropped his connection on purpose when I was winning.

:lol

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Field Commander(the one advantage it has over Advance Wars)
Medal of Honor(32 player support!)
Wipeout Pulse is going to have it.
The Worms sequel is going to have it(they're heavily banking on its inclusion)

That's all I could think of really.

OGuru

jvm said:
I tried to make a list of games that say they support infrastructure mode last year. The big support is mostly coming from EA Games, FWIW.

Here's the post listing 34 games, some of them suspect, from October 2006.

That's an awful list.

Edit: I just realized that you were the author.
after I actually read your post :-(
Just so you know Online/Adhoc/Infrastructure not the same thing.

I would say Online = Infrastructure...but that's only my intuition.

Ramune

Ok, we really need to start an Outrun circle around here. :lol
I'll try to figure out my router so I can finally get online with mine. Outrun's online mode must be different from the other online games I own. Look me up on AIM sometime (not right now though, I'm going to be figuring out how to connect). I'd love to race!

Edit: Ok, got it to work. I'll just play from my Airport Express station.

jvm

Gamasutra.
OGuru said:
That's an awful list.

Edit: I just realized that you were the author.
after I actually read your post :-(
Just so you know Online/Adhoc/Infrastructure not the same thing.

I would say Online = Infrastructure...but that's only my intuition.
The post *does* say "Some of these are suspect" and I even said that in the link text you clicked on. ;^)

Moving on, the trouble I ran into -- and this was pointed out in the post -- is the poor documentation on the games. I asked two folks who'd played Metal Gear Acid to the point that multiplayer was enabled (yes, I asked, they knew what I was talking about) -- and who actually fired up the game for me to look around -- if it really supported infrastructure online play. According to them, they couldn't find out how to fire it up. So what to make of Sony's page which says 2-player infrastructure? Or the GameSpot review which mentions multiplayer, but
doesn't bother to explain if it's Ad Hoc only.

Does anyone here own Acid? Does it support infrastructure multiplayer? If not, you can see why compiling a list like this is problematic.

I should just make a better list. *grumble*

Anzu

Banned
Ramune said:
Then your life might not want to find out about XLink Kai. Soon as you get it working, it was nice knowing you. :D

Ah but is it just as good? Would I find other players online like I would if I was to say, login to MH2 for PS2?

I really really need a new MH fix, so depending on what the anwers are, I may be out of commission for a while :p

Grayman

Older games like twisted metal don't work if your router has WPA encryption on it. Wipeout has this too but in wipeout you could only download tracks and stuff.

X-men legends and Marvel Ultimate alliance for example are lobby based and don't allow joining games in progress so they are only possible to play if you get ahold of someone from outside the game and connect at the same time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TemplaerDude said:
when the heck are they going to release the killzone infrastructure patch?

Hopefully soon (I don't consider wiki a legit source), but the beta was pretty fun.

Top Bottom