• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WHAT R U PLAYING ITS FRIDAY YOU BETTER BE PLAYING SOMETHING YOU SPOONY BARDS!

Cheebs

Micro has me playing games I never beat.

235924.jpg

243798.jpg

suikodan

Currently playing:

B0009UC68U.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Tecmo hates me, I finished the game already three times on normal and was playing HP2 and I need to finish it on HARD now!!! But I love this game so much that Itagaki is forgiven. <3 and with the Easy mode, my gf will be able to play (I hope it's not too hard) :lol

224073.jpg

I'm playing this because I am passing thru my backlog and my last saved game was made in 2003... so I grabbed a FAQ, said "I don't care" and went thru this game. I beat Don Yu (the huge bald guy) and saw Lan Di on the helicopter, I was kind of special since Ryo didn't see this guy since his father got killed. I was so excited, I shouted IT'S LAN DI, got get him! and a funny fact is that I copied my DVD onto my modded Xbox since the original DVD is acting funny and after the big cutscene that follow the above battle, my Xbox reseted. Luckily, my original DVD decided to work for me so I could save at the next village. Come on Yu, give us Shenmue 3 on PS3!!!

That's about it for now.

Cathcart

Battalioin Wars. This game gets better with every mission, I just wish there was something to look foward to after the campaign is over. No Battalion Wars multiplayer = Cathcart am cry. We Love Katamari is waiting until I finish blowing stuff up.

Barrage

Urban Reign(PS2):Rawk. It's like a wrestling game and a beat-em-up had a kid. A SURLY kid.

Madden 2006(PS2): The loading is PISSING ME OFF. Why do relatives always seem to get PS2 versions?

NBA 2K5: Full Authority for the win.

BluWacky

Danj said:
oz.jpg

Wasn't this game coming to Europe under the title "Sword of Etheria" or some such?

!!!!!!!

Konami's UK website confirms it for February 2006!

I already have Oz, but will double-dip for its UK release, it is THAT good.

J2 Cool

case.jpg

ffix-ss-029.jpg

ffix-ss-018.jpg

ffix-ss-028.jpg

ffix-ss-030.jpg

Going through this fully for the first time. Went up to disc 3 on a rental years and years back and loved it. First Final Fantasy I really played at that point. Then came VII which rocked.

224073.jpg

Darts are insanely addictive :lol Want to go through this again. It's just one of the best experiences ever in gaming. Not many top this. Shenmue II is amazing. And I wish I was playing:

MetalGearSolid3SnakeEater_ps2.jpg

Borrowed to a friend who won't play the damn thing cause it's too hard. Meanwhile another friend bought it for $20 and is playing and lovin it. Have a strong urge to play through the entire series though, so should go back to 2. Played 1 a couple months back after finishing 3 a 3rd time. MGS simply owns me. Also want to buy Madden but kind of holding out for the 360 version. Urge is strong now though with football season :mad: AAAaaah! Want to get to Kingdom Hearts, DMC3, and some more RE4 eventually too.

B0009R1T9K.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The netherrealm is awesome. Really captures Scorpion's lair arena, compared to the shit bag representation of the netherealm in Mortal Kombat konquest in Deception

B0000A09EN.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0009VRSS2.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000197Z30.02.LZZZZZZZ

Guild getting ZG experience, and we like it. ZG > MC + OL + BWL

B0007XTNGW.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

SO creative; I love the gate battles where you figure out gameplay systems or keep dying; getting past a 200+ level Master Samurai to kill a 20 behind her to merely survive...oh yeah...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm playing this because I am passing thru my backlog and my last saved game was made in 2003... so I grabbed a FAQ, said "I don't care" and went thru this game. I beat Don Yu (the huge bald guy) and saw Lan Di on the helicopter, I was kind of special since Ryo didn't see this guy since his father got killed. I was so excited, I shouted IT'S LAN DI, got get him! and a funny fact is that I copied my DVD onto my modded Xbox since the original DVD is acting funny and after the big cutscene that follow the above battle, my Xbox reseted. Luckily, my original DVD decided to work for me so I could save at the next village. Come on Yu, give us Shenmue 3 on PS3!!!
You DID finish it...right? The ending segments are absolutely awesome!

Coop

BreakyBoy said:
929.jpg

Not as good as the previous two in the series, but I'm having fun with it, and I have to admit that revisiting areas seen in previous games in competent 3D is pretty nice.

What!? BS2 was awful

I'm currently playing

Indigo Prophecy
Halo 2
Gabriel Knight 2

Flo_Evans

img00038kh.jpg

I can't stop. On the one hand it is nice - don't spend any money on new games - on the other hand it sucks - don't buy any new games T_T

tmn2_gcnusboxboxart_160w.jpg

Picked it up from the Best Buy clearance. It was cheap, and I wanted to know what it was like, so there you go.

Okay okay, my sanity doesnt have that much patience...

ty2_gcnusboxboxart_160w.jpg

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
a little KUF: Heroes. a bit of Ninja Gaiden Black. a bit of RE4.

Some Battalion Wars <--------good game btw, if a little control messy.

Some Madden PSP <-------probably won't keep it. Pretty mediocre port again.

Scott

Duck of Death said:
WHERE DO YOU GET THE DRAGON QUEST VIII DEMO!?!?!?
Pre-order bonus at certain retailers. Off-hand, I know GameCrazy, GameStop, and Fry's offer it, but you may be able to find it at other places, too. Just call around for it. :)

LAMBO

jiji said:
gothic_cover.jpg

Starts out nonlinear and awesome; turns into something totally linear that feels like an unpolished, German Zelda game with BAD ART. Still, I'm having fun, and the writing and story are pretty good.

pickup_photo.jpg

SEE THE THREAD FUCKERS

257295.jpg

ROCKS. Started Sun Shang Xiang's Musou mode today. Glad to see they're going to handle her wedding to Liu Bei instead of skipping it for WU GRRL WARRIOR POWAR

Beware the fucked-up analog in the Xbox port!

236031.jpg

A friend recommended this to me for the swinging mechanics, comparing it to a 3D Umihara Kawase. I'd say that's about right on. You don't often see fucking polished and layered and skill-friendly action mechanics in a 3D action game like this. I'm SO SO glad there's a code that lets you skip the poisonous story missions. Good stuff.

I'm certainly hoping PSP GITS: SAC is better than the PS2 game...

Play Gothic 2, it's very good.

Gothik03.jpg

Flo_Evans said:
img00038kh.jpg

I can't stop. On the one hand it is nice - don't spend any money on new games - on the other hand it sucks - don't buy any new games T_T
(/grin) I find it rather amusing we made our posts within the same minute. :D

Ironclad

Batallion Wars. Absolutely awesome. Lots of fun and a bit more difficult than I thought it would be.

NG Black. Need I say more.

Radiata Stories

DK: KoS. Great game, very fun. Just started playing it earlier today and I got past the first boss with everything collected. Very fun.

Muahahahaha I finally played the interactive sex scene in Fahrenheit.
Believe me, you don't miss nothing!

Then I tried playing Grandia on my PStwo, but it freezes even there. F you Sony! WTF do I need BC for, when the games I want to play don't work properly?

Yesterday afternoon I played a bit of Psi Ops on the Xbox and the started to play Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. I'm in chapter 1-3 now. Haven't found out what's so special about this game yet. Maybe the enlightenment comes in later levels.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If I ever finish Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, I'll start playing other games again.

Did give this a whirl earlier today though:

Good stuff.

One of my bedrins (friends) lent me his dreamcast in exchange for time crisis 3, ninja assualt and crisis zone with gun but anyway i dont know about playing on friday but i know my sunday has consisted of a little project justice and a lot of street fighter third strike GOOD music, GOOD gameplay GOOD times :D

Scott said:
Pre-order bonus at certain retailers. Off-hand, I know GameCrazy, GameStop, and Fry's offer it, but you may be able to find it at other places, too. Just call around for it. :)

O_O

Damn my sleazy Gamestop clerk. I had pre-ordered DQ VIII a month ago and put some more money down on it today, but he never mentioned a demo disc at all!

I'll cut him.

WoW...still....but going back to console games MMOs aren't for people who have no patience for asshats.

Oh and if by playing you mean <RANT>

"60 Hunter LFG...."

for about 30 - 45 minuets get bored...join an AB game which has the alliance running around like blind deaf and dumb monkeys while the horde steam roll us so then back to...

"60 Hunter LFG...."

get a group and well example of what happened last few times...

URBS:

Get to Rend but before we jump into the arena we invite a replacement rogue during the Rend fight he decdes to jump REALLY close to the gate in the back and aggros all the mobs behind the door....wipe....Rend despawns....raid over

URBS again the next run:

Get to rend again, kill him...mage rolls on the Warrior set piece and wins and get kicked, he then takes the 2 other things we were randoming on and hearths. Pali gets pissed and leaves, Warrior leaves after bitching about the mage but says he DC'ed get back in. Bitching continunes for a good 15 minuets...raid disbands. The warrior who left aggros all the mobs up to the beast and trains them on us....FUN FUN!

Scholo:

The priest gets pissed cause were not playing like he wants and leaves, the warrior leaves cause there's no priest, the pali leaves cause he doesn't want to heal...MORE FUN!

LBRS:

Everything is going good untill a mage starts a boss fight with out warning anyone and we get jumped by wave after wave of ogres...wipe...players bitch about respawns. There were none but by the time people stopped bitching the mobs respawned...end of raid...OMG GOOD TIME HAD BY ALL!

sigh....time to dust off my consoles.</rant>

Top Bottom