• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the most creepy/terrifying X files case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
There are numerous oddities and crazy things going on in the X files lore and almost literally anything can happen. No matter how much jargon scully spouts about reasonable explanations ( THE MONSTER WAS RIGHT THERE SCULLY! IT PUNCHED YOU IN THE FACE!, YOUR BLEEDING! IT PHYSICALLY EXISTS! Well I dont know what I saw mulder...)

Anyway. I want to know which is the most terrifying of the X files cases, of all the monsters, conspiracies, concepts and mythical happenstances are to you.

To me it was Tony Shalloub from the episode "Soft Light" directed by Vince Giliagn of Breaking Bad fame.
tumblr_ntglbwspVD1sk0jh2o1_1280.jpg
In this episode Tony plays a scientist affected by a device used to discover dark matter. He gets irraditad by this device Via Doctor Manhatan style lab accident. Which causes his shadow to become deadly force of nature.

Basically if his shadow touches you, you're dead in less than half a second. you'll immediately be reduced to nothing more than a dark stain on the ground and nothing more. Which to me is more terrifying than any monster or alien.

Not only that but it was pretty brutal, throughout the entire episode you're shown a subplot with scullys forensics students, she's pursuing shalloub and your shown her growth and character and towards the end she corners shalloub, he takes a step towards her and she's literally disentegrated in less than a second.

kt0rheg.gif

My reaction is the same as glasses man.

Platy

The one without any monster or alien ... just REALLY evil people.

That one that was only broadcasted a few times and never more

bwahhhhh

Everyone knows the answer is Home.

yeah, the Home intro just kinda left me with my jaw open when it aired, that kinda stuff just didn't air on TV

my other answer is The Host

if i had to take a dump in a portajohn or outhouse, i made damn sure to look down there first for a while

Home.

Then Host.

Still some of the most fucked-up shit TV's ever put on air. And I'm saying that after having mainlined Hannibal straight into my veins for three straight seasons.

sora87

Honestly, the episode where you see Mulder's sister getting abducted freaked me out so much for weeks, I was only like 7 at the time but ya know.

Also...written by Vince Giligan.

Wow, Vince had a knack for creating terrifying villains.

Yep. Stayed consistent.

Home
Blood was another favorite of mine. Mind control via cell phones and pagers, and then a calm "All done" after someone went to the top of a tower with a sniper rifle.

FStop7

Banned
Home. I couldn't even finish the episode. Easily the creepiest.

Most terrifying? The climax of Little Green Men was _really_ freaky.

I'm only at season 4 right now, but this fucker was creepy.

Thehost.jpg

Fucking Flukeman.

Also brutal: Home, Soft Light, Darkness Falls, Our Town, Road Runners

Our Town just creeped me out:
Reports of foxfire on a field in Dudley, Arkansas lead Mulder and Scully to a bizarre situation regarding the townsfolk. Employees of the Chaco Chicken Corporation are displaying bizarre behavior, and the death rate is slowly increasing.
xfiles2015-10-21-13h43m35s283.png

images

Roadrunners
Doggett is a little dismayed when Scully investigates a murder in a barely inhabited town in Utah without him. When Scully's car breaks down and she finds the town people aren't as sweet as they seem she struggles to find a way out of the demented town.
xfiles2015-10-21-14h46m10s815.png

So is Xfiles consistently different stories in the same universe?

Like if Scully got warped into nothing, how is she still in the show?

I need to start binging this.

farisr

Edit: Looks like it's Home
It's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of X-Files and puts me off from watching the show again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What season was Home?

I never watched the show (been meaning to), but I want to see what the fuss is about.

The answer is there are so fucking many, but the real answer is Home.

I still cannot believe they got that shit on TV in 1996. Both the gore and the content.

What season was Home?

I never watched the show (been meaning to), but I want to see what the fuss is about.

s4 e2.

Great fucking way to start a great season post-opener.

So is Xfiles consistently different stories in the same universe?

Like if Scully got warped into nothing, how is she still in the show?

I need to start binging this.

That's not Scully.

But that's a great idea.

What season was Home?

season 4 episode 2.

i hadn't seen it since the original airing and upon re-watching it last year i didn't find it that insane. felt like a tamer version of a Rob Zombie film.

123rl

Chinga: the evil doll that killed anyone who scared the girl. That episode fucking terrified me when I first saw it!

The Flukeman has always resonated with me. But I don't know if he's the scariest. I'll have to give this some thought.

Tooms was scary as well.

I also remember Soft Light quite well. I was at a family thing at my Grandparents' and snuck upstairs to watch it alone when it was on, using their old black and white TV.

The Flukeman has always resonated with me. But I don't know if he's the scariest. I'll have to give this some thought.

Tooms was scary as well.

I also remember Soft Light quite well. I was at a family thing at my Grandparents' and snuck upstairs to watch it alone when it was on, using their old black and white TV.

Tooms is great because he's like a conventional criminal with a super weird mutant ability.

the two episodes with Donnie Pfaster are outstanding too.

alcheim

Can't remember the title or the season, but it was one where this autistic guy who worked in the bowling alley got regular visits from female victims murdered by some serial killer.

SeanC

Creepy? That's tough. Home is creepy, it certainly stays with you. Also that episode in Season 9 where Doggett investigates the creature that eats people alive and vomits them back up so they are cured was kind of creepy.

The Devil worshipping sacrificing-their-patients doctors episode was pretty terrifying to me because it draws on that fear of being awake while horrible things are happening to you.

-Gozer-

Field Trip: Being digested alive by a large underground fungus while under a hallucination.

Folie à Deux: Knowing somebody isn't human and no one else sees it but you.

Chinga: the evil doll that killed anyone who scared the girl. That episode fucking terrified me when I first saw it!

Let's have fun.

.JayZii

Banned
Maybe somebody can help me out with this one.

I have a memory of some sort of small crawling red humanoid thing attacking somebody by a pool that gave me nightmares when I was a kid. I think it might have been the Fiji Mermaid from Humbug and I was just misremembering. Is there another creature episode with something like that? I thought had something to do with India.

Folie à Deux is the one in the telemarketing company, right? that one scared me too.

Dalek

Home jumps to mind-they never re-aired that episode.

For me though the episode Paper Hearts was brutal-it was about the child killer John Lee Rosch, and Mulder suspected that he could have possibly killed Samantha. It's a real life scare, not a supernatural monster but this creepy man capable of unspeakable evil.

Askani

I'm not a huge X-files guy, and I've not seen a majority of the episodes. However I will say that the episode Millenium with the zombies was super creepy to me.

Do I need to spoiler this?

Mostly the scene where Mulder is in the basement, and is standing in this small salt ring, and there's zombies just hissing and waiting for him to make a move, and there's nothing he can do but stand there and wait. Then the run off and hide in the dark.

Fuckin' Tooms, man

I still get freaked out when I watch his episodes.

latest

21.jpg

Even creepier when you know the actor practically paid off some underage girl's parents so he could bang her. Good casting!

My vote goes to Beyond the Sea, Dourif really nailed that role, his intensity was unnerving, really sold the psycho/psychic dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom