• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the most creepy/terrifying X files case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't find any of them really scary tbh.
tumblr_inline_n33jx8kzhc1rbrja2.gif

I wish I could remember exact episodes and names like most people here. I've seen the series through about two times and watched different episodes by their lonesome, but still have a hard time.

Die Hand Die Verlitz is one that sticks with me and was quite creepy.

First Person Shooter. Eee, get chills just thinking about it.

But seriously.
Unruhe, Detour, and Darkness Falls have been mentioned already so...

Paper Hearts was fairly distressing. John Lee Roche keeping heart-shaped clippings from the girls he murdered and messing with Mulder via his sister.

Sein und Zeit/Closure had a similarly unsettling story involving the man who ran the santa's village and murdered dozens of kids.

The Field Where I Died has a lot of problems, but that ending is still so heartbreaking.

Arcadia really freaked me out when I was younger too. The idea of that thing creeping around in your yard...

I need that bluray set already, darn it.

Dr Prob

Banned
Was reading this thread and heard/felt a thud, so I ventured outside to see what was up and it's strangely warm (like 60 degrees, February in the northeast), the sky is bright, wind is whipping around, tree limbs are crackling and falling to the ground, all to the sound of my neighbor's little wind chime thing. Power is still on but no one else seems to be awake. Super creepy! Felt like I was in an episode of the X-Files.

Gonna chill in GAF's warm embrace for a little bit, maybe read up on how people prepare for dates. That should be pretty normal.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Was reading this thread and heard/felt a thud, so I ventured outside to see what was up and it's strangely warm (like 60 degrees, February in the northeast), the sky is bright, wind is whipping around, tree limbs are crackling and falling to the ground, all to the sound of my neighbor's little wind chime thing. Power is still on but no one else seems to be awake. Super creepy! Felt like I was in an episode of the X-Files.

Gonna chill in GAF's warm embrace for a little bit, maybe read up on how people prepare for dates. That should be pretty normal.

Yo, check the corners for some of those Detour monsters. They lured that boy's mom out the same way.

Damn it, I need these Blu-rays. It feels like a waste to just re-watch the series on DVD, but I may have to.

Almost $300 for the Blu-rays is a bit much right now, and I'm kicking myself for missing them when they were Buy 2 Get 1 Free and $14.99 on Boxing Day. The sale started early, and then they were completely gone.

Spinifex

Damn it, I need these Blu-rays. It feels like a waste to just re-watch the series on DVD, but I may have to.

Almost $300 for the Blu-rays is a bit much right now, and I'm kicking myself for missing them when they were Buy 2 Get 1 Free and $14.99 on Boxing Day. The sale started early, and then they were completely gone.

It's in HD 16:9 on Netflix.

My Internet has been as low as 4.25mb/s, and is currently 5.9mb/s, which is barely enough to stream full HD.

Thanks

Megabit or Megabyte? All you need is 5 megabits down for HD.

It's in HD 16:9 on Netflix.

Yeah, I don't have that. I should subscribe to it, but I don't have any Netflix capable devices for my TV upstairs where I watch most of my TV. I did watch an episode or two at my friend's a few years ago.

My Internet has been as low as 4.25mb/s, and is currently 5.9mb/s, which is barely enough to stream full HD.

Thanks

joe2187

Banned
Just watched home.

It wasnt creepy as much as it was...completely fucked up.

I can see why it was shown only a few times, the subject matter and the brutality of the murders was pretty fucking shocking.

The giant mold/fungus cave thing that made them hallucinate creeped me out. It was kinda like Groundhog Day, except they were slowly being digested at the same time.

Very weird.

Striker

really good choices! except the scene where Mulder deduces whats going on in Unruhe in the photo is some of the worst techno-babble nonsense in the entire series.

Darkness Falls always creeps me out.
latest

Folie à Deux too.
tumblr_mbgeyarLot1rt2r0xo1_500.jpg
"Folie à Deux" is my choice too. I watched it again yesterday. Creepy and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom