• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite wired controller to wrap?

woxel1

Mine would probably have to be the Gamecube, since it had such an obvious space to wrap the cable around.

Q63RAmA.jpg

What's your favorite?

Warxard

Banned
"Wrapping controllers around the actual controller."

Use Twist ties people. Coil the wires in a neat bundle, twist tie and pop 'em in the dresser.

Balb

Mine would probably have to be the Gamecube, since it had such an obvious space to wrap the cable around.

What's your favorite?

I was about to ask "how could you wrap the short-ass wire around the GC controller that many times?", but then I saw that it's the Smash GC controller.

lyrick

Tightly wrapping cords in that manner messes them up.

Seriously though, leave them some slack and just use some velcro wirewrap, twist ties, or rubber bands.

IIRC :You should coil them loosely in one direction and do a have twist every other wrap. Your audio cords, extension cords, and controllers with thank you years from now by still working.

Like this: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEd7ru24Vx0

Mr-Joker

Banned
Probably the GameCube the wires were thick and smooth so the chances of them getting damaged was low.

Least favorite would be Sony controllers, no matter how careful I was or how I wrapped the wires they would become twisted and the pins connector would just go missing. Sony make such a shitty controllers that feels cheap and brittle yet charge so much for them.

Shifty

Atari Jaguar Pad: More wire-wrapping surface area than you can shake a horribly designed controller at.
i can't believe i bought one of these ye gods what a fucking monstrosity

KyleCross

Just plainly wrapped it vertically around the controllers. Then only a few years ago found out that it was bad for the cords or, more specifically, made playing them a bitch because the cords would loop on you when you straighten them out.

I HATE doing that. It often puts too much tension where the wire meets the controller and can make for a bad connection.

JUST NO

e90Mark

I'm sure I still have my N64 controllers wrapped exactly the way they are in the first post sitting in storage.

Inumbris

Q63RAmA.jpg

Gamecube for sure; this is exactly how I wrap my controllers as well. I can basically do a perfect wrap without looking after having done it this way for years and years.

It's funny that the extra cable length on the Smash controllers doesn't allow for this, and that fact actually kind of disappointed me for a while haha!

KRaZyAmmo

I don't wrap my wired controllers. okay maybe the gamecube in a simple wrap. You start from the back and then just go around the center making a loop. Nothing like OP post.

Top Bottom