• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your most expensive purchase recently?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
My Gibson Les Paul Junior guitar at £860 which is a 2010 model. I really don't like the 2019 model. It looks very similar but has a glossy finish instead of satin and the orange is a bit brighter.

Also, my guitar came with both a P90 + P100 pick up where as the 2019 comes fitted with a P90. I have the P100 installed at the moment but thinking about putting the original P90 in it. Oh and the 2019 model cost £1,200 so yeah.....i love my 2010 model!

Not my guitar just a random picture from google to show what it looks like. The second picture is the 2019 model:

Qob5xSX.jpg
bSvN5iF.jpg

Last edited:

Greedings

My Gibson Les Paul Junior guitar at £860 which is a 2010 model. I really don't like the 2019 model. It looks very similar but has a glossy finish instead of satin and the orange is a bit brighter.

Also, my guitar came with both a P90 + P100 pick up where as the 2019 comes fitted with a P90. I have the P100 installed at the moment but thinking about putting the original P90 in it. Oh and the 2019 model cost £1,200 so yeah.....i love my 2010 model!

Not my guitar just a random picture from google to show what it looks like. The second picture is the 2019 model:

Qob5xSX.jpg
bSvN5iF.jpg
I stopped playing guitar 5 years ago. A les paul was my goal, but I could never rationalise it.
I would love to pick it back up again.

rykomatsu

I guess my house (paid for in cash) a little over a year ago
In the last 12 months...pair of Singapore Airline business class tickets to Japan

I just bought a niceish propane grill from a Lowes for just under $200. After a clearance sale and my grandfather's military discount I saved about $80. Granted $200 isn't that expensive, but it's about my limit for a relatively impulse buy.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

New PC, 1400 euro's or something
gave me a 1080ti/9900k/16gb 3200ddr4 and evo 970 plus with a z390 aorus pro motherboard.

Pretty happy with it so far.

Ovek

7Member7
Well it would be upgrading my PC but I can't get a AMD 3900x at the moment for a reasonable price because the retailers are price gouging fuckers.

Drake

Bought some nice chukka boots at khols for 50 bucks. It was something to change up my shoe/boot game to dress better.

Dude, I love Kohls. That's where I got my gym cloths. I love how when you go up to the register something that you bought will be on sale and you had no idea.

Tehvenom

Dude, I love Kohls. That's where I got my gym cloths. I love how when you go up to the register something that you bought will be on sale and you had no idea.
Haha my man. I bought some Levi's in their clearance section for half the price! They got some good deals and not only that they gave me 10 bucks store credit for future purchases. Will look into gym clothes there now lol.

JimiNutz

Banned
I don't spend much money.

I bought a cheapish car last year for £6k which I intend to sell next year and buy a nicer car for around £15k

I really need to take the plunge and buy a house next year but I currently live in a nice big house and pay minimal rent so I'm not that bothered.

I'm also going away on two holidays to the US this year (for two weeks each time).

I mostly just spend my money on food, drugs, sex and holidays.

gatti-man

Qob5xSX.jpg
bSvN5iF.jpg
You made the right choice there. Top one looks far better jmho.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Maybe he wanted to... maybe he has a large income.. maybe he wanted to give his wife a day to remember...... Money police lol
So in other words you do not know. I could think of a few reasons that inflate wedding cost, but you'd probably need a combination of those to reach that amount of money.

logicslayer

A Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Wireless Router. For $265. After reading/watching reviews and owning a Nighthawk previously, I'd say it was worth it. I've had a flawless connection since buying and the geo-filtering stuff is pretty sweet.

H4ze

Well, I had to buy a new car, my beloved BMW E36 Compact was just beyond recovery, but now I have a nice old Mercedes Benz C180E, crusing never felt better. Price of the new car = 1800 € (yes, I was very lucky).

Beside that, new Magic Cards for an upcoming tournament next month (around 60 €).

Dural

$10,400 for a roof this year (would have been more, my brother did it for cost of materials and crew to put it on)
~$20,000 for wood floors, carpet, drywall, and a new kitchen (kitchen is still in process)

$6,000 for family trip to Disneyland in June (also visited several national parks)

EDMIX

Finally bought a 4K TV, one of those Samsung QLEDs, got a PS4 Pro to go with it and a Canon EOS Rebel T6 DLSR Camera for reference photos for graphic novel work. It set me back a few thousand, but my old tv I gave to my parents along with my old PS4 so they can actually give me back my original PS3 and they can do streaming stuff and the DLSR is needed for work, so it gave more value then just the price alone.

I guess it would be my revamp of my Theater Speakers. Replacing my Polk Monitor 50s with Klipsch R820F Fronts with an R34C center along with Surrounds and Atmos Speakers. So probably 1600 in equipment I guess. Along with a few movies to mess with.

Weilthain

Banned
I stopped playing guitar 5 years ago. A les paul was my goal, but I could never rationalise it.
I would love to pick it back up again.
You should.

Les Pauls are works of art, I have all my guitars on the walls as they look so cool. I don’t have a favourite but I do love playing les Pauls.
MEmRQS1.jpg

Weilthain

Banned
Some 6k € for my wedding last year.
My wedding cost about the same in uk money, but I had a mother in law and wife combo who pointed out everything that wasn’t perfect and complained and we got a full refund. We’ve put the money towards fixing up the house some more.

Top Bottom