• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will it take to get a Capcom Marvel Vs. game on XBLA/Virtual Console/PS3 arcade?

It is even possible capcom would consider it? Man I would kill for ANY of the marvel games, just one of them, to be on XBLA. What issues would marvel have with it being released? Would capcom have to pay extra royalties to them if they did not change the game at all?

Karakand

From what I understood Capcom couldn't even reprint MvC2 for PS2 now that they lost the licenses. So I don't think this'll be happening any time soon.

ZeoVGM

Banned
qcf x2 said:
I'm glad.

Infinite combos FTL.

why are you GLAD a game people ****ing love wouldn't come out on arcade? DON'T PLAY IT jesus

oh, and go play MARVEL NEMESIS then complain about marvel vs. capcom

Jonnyram

Yoboman said:

Let's make a petition
Damn, your avatar and that phrase are just so perfect together!

qcf x2

why are you GLAD a game people ****ing love wouldn't come out on arcade?

Because I see how it would be even worse than it is on MAME/Kaillera.

oh, and go play MARVEL NEMESIS then complain about marvel vs. capcom

??? Actually, I'm a 3rd Strike fan. Could care less about crap like Marvel Nemesis.

For what it's worth, I should have pointed out that I was not referring to MvC2.

I was referring to Xmen vs SF, Marvel vs SF, and Marvel vs Capcom. As I figure Capcom wouldn't go for the most recent release in the series first.

Sapiens

Its too bad because Capcom was the only company that ever did Marvel characters any justice.

Hell, I would even say that Capcom actually treated the license with respect.

Too bad, really.

TreIII

As far as I'm concerned, the Marvel titles were great, but they had their fun in the sun, and thanks to Kailleria, pretty much any one can fight it out over the net that way. In short, I don't necessarily need to see those games again that much.

Now, what would really make me happy is if Capcom would get the rights from the likes of Wizards of the Coast, so that we could get those Dungeons and Dragons brawlers back. AvP and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs would be cool too, for that matter.

And speaking of all-but-forgotten Marvel titles...how can we be all over the Capcom fighters, but seemingly forget about Sega's Spiderman arcade game, and Konami's phenominal Xmen 6-player arcade game? THOSE are the titles that truly need a come-back, in my eyes, especially since they never got home ports of their own...

Top Bottom