• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would be in a modern Nintendo World Championship?

Mario Kart 8 - Mount Wario

I don't think I'd be causing a lot of controversy saying this is (at least from the non-DLC lot) the best track in Mario Kart 8. The issue with using Mario Kart 8 is there are no "points" per say, but I guess the track could be edited to include A LOT more coins which would be worth points.The course usually takes about 2 and a half minutes to complete, and players would be speeding down the mountain, trying to grab as many coins as possible.

Mario Kart 8 - Big Blue
I think Mario Kart 8 could work but I'd rather see BB instead of MW. Would be a race as opposed to a score attack, requiring no modifications.

For reference - Mount Wario and Big Blue are literally the two worst possible tracks for a Mario Kart 8 time challenge, since they are affected by a timer glitch and the final result will always end up with the same set of digits, causing a ridiculous amount of ties on the leaderboards.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Stay tuned for an official announcement from Nintendo in 7 minutes, I guess?

tumblr_lt68mz1v0y1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

wildfire

Banned
My god, I leave for an hour to go get a delicious Bigfoot™ Pizza and THIS happens? I was
even going to try and get odds on this happening! Alas, you live and learn. I would like
to assure people that I'm not Bill Trinnen, or Reggie, or a Nintendo employee at all! I was
really hoping, truth be told, that when I saw my quite frankly insane prediction was true, for
one or two messages to have come through, asking if I was from the future / soothsayer /
insider / offering me an editorial position at Polygon. Probably for the best they didn't, I
don't want to push my luck! Although I am considering buying a Euromillions ticket...

Personally, I feel like anything I post from now on isn't going to live up to this, I think I'm
really going to have to up my game. I was considering, for a while, pretending to be an
insider. But I think we can all agree that, however fun the lies would be, having bisoptl's
massive banhammer wedged where the sun doesn't shine probably isn't worth the hassle.
Even still, fun while it lasted! I shall read through the thread and reply to folks soon :)

Will the real Edward Nygma please stand up?

Tregard

Soothsayer
For reference - Mount Wario and Big Blue are literally the two worst possible tracks for a Mario Kart 8 time challenge, since they are affected by a timer glitch and the final result will always end up with the same set of digits, causing a ridiculous amount of ties on the leaderboards.

Aah crap, that's a shame. Any better track suggestions? Maybe retro Rainbow Road?

openrob

My god, I leave for an hour to go get a delicious Bigfoot™ Pizza and THIS happens? I was
even going to try and get odds on this happening! Alas, you live and learn. I would like
to assure people that I'm not Bill Trinnen, or Reggie, or a Nintendo employee at all! I was
really hoping, truth be told, that when I saw my quite frankly insane prediction was true, for
one or two messages to have come through, asking if I was from the future / soothsayer /
insider / offering me an editorial position at Polygon. Probably for the best they didn't, I
don't want to push my luck! Although I am considering buying a Euromillions ticket...

Personally, I feel like anything I post from now on isn't going to live up to this, I think I'm
really going to have to up my game. I was considering, for a while, pretending to be an
insider. But I think we can all agree that, however fun the lies would be, having bisoptl's
massive banhammer wedged where the sun doesn't shine probably isn't worth the hassle.
Even still, fun while it lasted! I shall read through the thread and reply to folks soon :)

Hmmm...But you watched the stream and posted in the other thread but didn't bump the thread for an hour and a half?
If I predicted the future I think I would have boosted my thread ASAP
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=163801432#post163801432

Not to throw cold water on the thread, and coincedences do happen.

Peltz

I just realised one of the prizes for the original NWC was a trip to Universal Studios. The same Universal Studios that Nintendo just partnered with!

How cool would it be if (provided they keep NWC running and it's not just a one-off thing) they gave away tickets to the grand opening of "Nintendoland" when that eventually comes around?

The prophet has spoken.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So it seems OP can see into the future....

....But can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?!

BY2K

Membero Americo

W
T
F

I just realised one of the prizes for the original NWC was a trip to Universal Studios. The same Universal Studios that Nintendo just partnered with!

How cool would it be if (provided they keep NWC running and it's not just a one-off thing) they gave away tickets to the grand opening of "Nintendoland" when that eventually comes around?
If this NWC and Universal-Nintendo deal are completely unrelated and happened so close to each other it has to be the biggest videogame coincidence of the year.

They could still go full Wizard homage by promising the winner tickets to Universal for the date the Nintendo expansion opens, whatever it whenever that may be. The NWC doesn't need to keep going to be able to give away tickets.

Also, that Metroid Prime bit of yours is cruel, man.

L Thammy

All of you guys claiming that OP is Bill Trinen are ridiculous. He's repeatedly apologizing in German, and Nintendo of Europe is in Germany. Obviously he's Shibata.

Neo Dark

Wow. This thread is incredible. What if OP really is from Nintendo and this thread is really a way to get gather people for this year's championship. I'm thinking the person that first decrypted that Metroid prime hidden message is in?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Imagine if the Grand Prize was a complete set of the Smash Amiibo Line, including all future DLC Amiibo.

Regiruler

This feels like such a non-issue, and it's not even a serious competition.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Ok, this explains why Bill was fired in the end of this video after leaking this. Lets hope the dont send the ninjas on him as well.

Anyways, NEW FUCKING F-ZERO!

Jachaos

Damn that's a lot of French and Japanese.

Tregard

Soothsayer
It'll just be a one of a kind amiibo. The original casting for it already destroyed so it can no longer me made.
no, 3D printing it somehow doesn't count!

Ridley amiibo, sent to their house in a shipping crate.

Nice Nintendo Watch you have there. Can you get into Nintendoland rides with it?

You need to have NintenClub Gold membership for that

They could still go full Wizard homage by promising the winner tickets to Universal for the date the Nintendo expansion opens, whatever it whenever that may be. The NWC doesn't need to keep going to be able to give away tickets. .

It would be an insane coincidence, I'm certain someone at Nintendo must be thinking about it. But considering how nebulous the Nintendo-land idea is at the moment, they might not want to promise anything until they're a little clearer on just what Nintendo & Universal are doing.

Zubz

Banned
Let's just say we haven't seen the last of Eminem and Acid Ghost...

We have. Those things never existed.

Oh, wow, that goes a ways back.
You're just trying to throw us off of your scent, aren't you? You're nervous, but on the surface, you look calm and ready to drop bombs...

Top Bottom